Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

US Duffy Clothing...low stock?

Howdy!

Has anyone heard anything about new clothes for the US 17 inch Duffy? When I did that deal a few weeks back 3 outfits for $30 I noticed a few outfits missing from the site. I placed my order then later got a notice that several of the outfits were not in stock, this is after my card processed. It kind of feels like they were clearing out stock, and I'm worried they are phasing out the 17 bear for the 12 .

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: US Duffy Clothing...low stock?

The official blog entry very strongly implies new outfits are coming to the US in 2012. They already have the Mouseketeer outfit in WDW and DL, though I don't know if they will sell that one online. (I understand that outfit says "Disneyland" or "Walt Disney World" on it, depending on where it's purchased, so it might not be the best fit for the Disney Store.)

I'm hoping they'll come out with higher quality outfits, even if there aren't as many as the initial wave of Duffy. Sorry you missed out on some outfits.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

On Duffy's FB page today they posted a photo of Duffy in the Jedi costume that's coming out. It's cute. A Jedi robe, Jedi Training Academy shirt & lightsaber. I'm on my phone so can't post the pic.

Wink Re: US Duffy Clothing...low stock?

I prefer BAB's cos real Jedi don't wear "Jedi" logo T-shirts.^^

...and why is the American design team so addicted to repeated patterning???

Yeah I prefer BAB's version too as it's more "authentic", but for what this is, it's cute. But I agree on the repetitive pattern thing. Boggles my mind.

• Munchings & Crunchings

This is what the Jedi's wear on their off days! It's casual Friday at Jedi Academy! I actually kind of like it. Not for it's authenticity, because clearly, it's not. The BAB one looks like a real Jedi robe. This just looks like a Star Wars Snuggie or something, LOL. But, for casual wear, I kind of like it and might buy it so Duffy can lounge around comfortably in it. The repeating pattern thing is driving me crazy too, but at least this one is on the lining of the robe...and the fact that it even HAS lining is a good thing, in my book.

• Minion

LOL, Casual Friday. I can't say I'm surprised that they decided to use the opportunity to promote Jedi Training Academy instead of going with the more authentic Jedi robes. It just seems like the type of thing they'd do. It IS cute though. Maybe they figured that since you can get a regular old Jedi costume at BaB, they wanted to do something more theme park exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    This is what the Jedi's wear on their off days! It's casual Friday at Jedi Academy!
    Ok that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Maybe they figured that since you can get a regular old Jedi costume at BaB, they wanted to do something more theme park exclusive.
    That's what I'm kind of thinking too. I still like BAB's version better though (last year at the Star Tours 2 mall preview they did in Tampa, CM's were totally going NUTS over Duffy in his Jedi robes and loved how I was calling him "Duffy-Wan Kenobi").

• Become part of MY world!

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

That's pretty much my philosophy from now on on how WDC treats Duffy....

---------- Post added 02-10-2012 at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh man, I can't wait to hear the interview for this costume on the Disney Parks Blog when they say how they came up with this highly original and detailed item! LMAO
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I didn't think anything when they had the buy one, get one outfit 50% off. But when I saw the buy 3 for $30 bucks........... I felt that they were going to phase those outfits out. I think they realized from the way we were all dressing our bears that they were going in the wrong direction with Duffy and he really needed a Mickey Ears hat and other fun outfits!

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    This is what the Jedi's wear on their off days! It's casual Friday at Jedi Academy! I actually kind of like it. Not for it's authenticity, because clearly, it's not. The BAB one looks like a real Jedi robe. This just looks like a Star Wars Snuggie or something, LOL. But, for casual wear, I kind of like it and might buy it so Duffy can lounge around comfortably in it. The repeating pattern thing is driving me crazy too, but at least this one is on the lining of the robe...and the fact that it even HAS lining is a good thing, in my book.

LOL!!!!!! Casual Friday at the Jedi Academy!!! Too funny!!!!!

You're so right, it does look like a Snuggie!!!! They need someone from this group to help them with their designs!

---------- Post added 02-16-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    LOL, Casual Friday. I can't say I'm surprised that they decided to use the opportunity to promote Jedi Training Academy instead of going with the more authentic Jedi robes. It just seems like the type of thing they'd do. It IS cute though. Maybe they figured that since you can get a regular old Jedi costume at BaB, they wanted to do something more theme park exclusive.

I saw a picture from Star Wars Weekend last year of a Duffy Bear dressed like a Jedi. I think the picture was on the official Duffy Bear facebook page. Disney is getting their clues for how to market Duffy from us!

• Adventures with Duffy

He needs pj pants. I think it makes a cute on set. I love the snuggie idea. Its cute but not real looking.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Very nice, maybe it's not DS quality but it's a big step up from the US outfits they had before, at least this one has separate pieces and not one hole piece like before however I still wish he had pants.

What's the thing on the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    I saw a picture from Star Wars Weekend last year of a Duffy Bear dressed like a Jedi. I think the picture was on the official Duffy Bear facebook page. Disney is getting their clues for how to market Duffy from us!
    That was probably my photo. Was it of Jedi Mickey holding Duffy in a Jedi costume? If so... yep that was mine. It wasn't from Star Wars Weekends though. It was from a Star Tours 2.0 mall preview tour that made a stop in Tampa. SummerInFL and I went to check it out, soI decided to bring Duffy in his Jedi costume and called him "Duffy-Wan Kenobi". Everyone LOVED him and was all "OMG is that Duffy? Did you make that outfit yourself?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    What's the thing on the pattern?
    I believe they're mini Jedi Training Academy logos.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That was probably my photo. Was it of Jedi Mickey holding Duffy in a Jedi costume? If so... yep that was mine. It wasn't from Star Wars Weekends though. It was from a Star Tours 2.0 mall preview tour that made a stop in Tampa. SummerInFL and I went to check it out, soI decided to bring Duffy in his Jedi costume and called him "Duffy-Wan Kenobi". Everyone LOVED him and was all "OMG is that Duffy? Did you make that outfit yourself?"
    Hummmmm........ I'm not sure, it was so long ago, but it probably was Mickey holding Duffy. That's neat if it was your Duffy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast