Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Traveling Duffy - Commentary & Social^^

Yeah, for some reason it seems to have stopped at the 10th. I don't know why either, as it's supposed to go until the 30th. They did return to Cape Cod already though...I guess there will be Cape Cod photos from here on out?

• Felice Natale!

Be sure to check out the Traveling Duffy "farewell" page. As a special treat, it's written in Wnglish as a nod to the international Duffy fan community, and I love that it just says "Duffy's Spring Voyage."^^

???????? ? ?????????

• Munchings & Crunchings

Aw, I'm sad to see it go, and I'm also sad they just removed the calendar and all the pictures completely. I missed downloading several of them. Oh well.

• Felice Natale!

The parks were the same. I went on 7/1 and it was like Spring Voyage never happened. It reminded me of Brigadoon and that made me smile, though.

In fact, the sad sting of loss mostly melted into a sweet nostalgia that has actually made me love Spring Voyage even more. I must admit regretting not seeing all the shows more frequently, but I kinda dislike Duffy's babyish characterization in the shows, so I sort of understand how I let it happen.

Still, one of the most wonderful things about TDR is no matter how much I love a particular event; the moment it ends, I cherish it all the more. The concepts are so complete – web presence, tons of merchandise, unique food items, atmosphere decorations and shows all over the park – and then it all vanishes overnight; the next day it's as if it was never there. Every event experience at TDS really is like a journey to Brigadoon, becoming a fantastic legend through the mists of memory.

This is especially true of Spring Voyage. More and more, I strongly doubt that anything like it will be happening again soon. I suspect we may see bigger Cape Cod events, but I will be very surprised if Duffy and ShellieMay take over the parks and Miracosta again next year. I'm expecting a brand-new event for the 30th Anniversary. Duffy wasn't even in the Funderful Member's Party show this year; I think he's taking a well-deserved rest at home.^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234