• Surfin the net with Duffy

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy advertising @ Tokyo Station

Aw, that's just adorable! It's also promoting Spring Voyage, and the "Duffy Travels" photo-journal. That's really nice advertising. Love the furry posters! I wish I could have them. :-) Also, I love that the tags for the merchandise will have the shamrock on them!

Aw, that's in SHIBUYA Station! My office is at Tokyo Station, but I won't be able to go to Shibuya until tomorrow at the earliest! Thanks for the tip, Travis!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

I have to say the one amazing thing about Japan is that things like this can be out in the open. If that fuzzy poster was here in the US, it would be behind glass. People would completely ruin it if it were left to feel like that. But, in Japan, it seems people are respectful, and even if they decide to feel Duffy's fur, it won't be left to look disgusting and dirty after thousands of people have put their hands all over it. It looks pristine right now.

I often think that, too. There's just no feeling that people should want to destroy or damage things that have been freely shared. In fact, there's generally a genuine sense of joy and gratitude. That is a great thing about living here.^^

For some great photos, check out Mura-san's blog!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I often think that, too. There's just no feeling that people should want to destroy or damage things that have been freely shared. In fact, there's generally a genuine sense of joy and gratitude. That is a great thing about living here.^^
    The Japanese seem to be very respectful and know not to touch what they shouldn't. I've seen photos of the nice sculptures at TDS that would be absolutely ruined if they were here in the states because everyone would touch them and let their kids climb all over them. But the Japanese know it is to just be admired, not manhandled. Even here in the States there will be signs that say "Do Not Climb" or "Do Not Touch" and people just flat out ignore them and do it anyway... and then sue of their precious little Billy gets hurt.

Keep forgetting to post that this Duffy image is also being used on the subway train itself!

Check out Dragon Mayu's blog for photos. My friends have been on this train, but I still haven't seen it in person...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LOL! I love how they compare the fluffy Duffy advert to a "high quality bath mat". I'd love to have a bath mat that looked like that!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I laughed at the "bath mat" comparison too. It does kind of look like that. I would also love to have such a soft & fluffy Duffy bath mat!