Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Another idea might be to have them dressed up warm and cozy in their PJ's watching the snow fall outside. It would give them an excuse to revisit the PJ set Duffy got in 2009, but include Shellie. Like they just did with the cat costume.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

That would be a great idea too, gurgi. They could be in cozy PJ's, watching the snow fall and waiting for Santa.

• Adventures with Duffy

I want PJs too. I love love love the PJs from 2009. I want accessories with it too or old separately like with the camera. I can see a cup of hot coco, Santa cookies, and a pop corn bucket from the parks because they just got home from a day in the park and are waiting for Santa.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Interesting...we all know they brought back the blankets, but they also brought back the older purses.

It would appear that due to the colors, these purses are seasonal with the blankets. They came out with other purses for the warm weather. I like that they are seasonal that way. Although the Shellie May one is pink and really can be any season.

I bought the navy blue Duffy purse. Although it is beautiful, the blue is wool or just feels like it. Not pleasant to the touch.

If you are thinking about the Duffy purse, wait until Spring next year to get the other version.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Another idea might be to have them dressed up warm and cozy in their PJ's watching the snow fall outside. It would give them an excuse to revisit the PJ set Duffy got in 2009, but include Shellie. Like they just did with the cat costume.
    That's a great idea. I hope they do it.

Maybe a secondary costume (like the secondary skeleton costumes or Halloween) could be a snowman costume.

Hi everyone,

So sorry not been around lately, but have been ill (again ), and not able to get on the internet.

I have missed bits (loads is seems!), but it looks like the Halloween items were good fun, and everyone is pleased with the themes and items. The costumes look amazing. I think the Tokyo parks themselves would be amazing to visit during this time, if it all has that quality and attention to detail. Especially as we dont do Halloween in a big way in England.

Im so excited to see the seasonal/new Duffy shoulder bag, and that the blankets are back!! I love my Shellie blanket, used it only last night as the evenings are getting cool here.

DuffyD, on that subject, I know Im late, but regarding your post where you said current wish-listers could contact you re the blankets, I couldnt join in the Halloween shopping trip due to the money Id saved going on my car instead, but having seen the blankets are back I would so love the Duffy one to match! Mum says there is Christmas coming up and that could be my present from her , so is there any chance of me joining in if you are going on a trip to buy them, as I think they wont be around by Christmas wish list time? If not, no problem at all. Just thought Id ask!

Like others it seems, I too am so looking forward to the news about Christmas!! Both Shellie and Duffy are excited too! This will be our first Christmas having known about Tokyo DisneySea and Duffy Post, and we are hoping that there may be some Christmas stickers released from there to put in their scrapbook!! We also hope for the pj sets for both of them!

Best wishes to all. It's nice to be a bit better and be back. I miss this forum when I can't get on.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    I love the whole idea of stocking stuffers made by ShellieMay. I'm hoping that means items with a lot of home spun charm like little knitted stockings.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I really expect both of these to be the case. They've never done that kind of attitude at Christmas, and it would catch Shellie up, as well as give Duffy some less juvenile pajamas. I'm thinking (plaid?) flannel nightshirts, night caps and slippers.

I'm secretly hoping (but not actually expecting) that Shellie's Stocking Stuffers actually have a kind of rustic, handmade feel with natural materials and construction. I doubt that's gonna really happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    I want PJs too. I love love love the PJs from 2009. I want accessories with it too or old separately like with the camera. I can see a cup of hot coco, Santa cookies, and a pop corn bucket from the parks because they just got home from a day in the park and are waiting for Santa.
    I the cocoa and cookies, but a bear-scale popcorn bucket is extremely unlikely, I think. There will definitely be the big Duffy head with a gold Santa hat, though. That's already been announced. That fact makes me more hopeful than ever that their golden Colors of Christmas barge costumes might actually be available to purchase this year that's my Christmas Wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Interesting...we all know they brought back the blankets, but they also brought back the older purses.

It would appear that due to the colors, these purses are seasonal with the blankets. They came out with other purses for the warm weather. I like that they are seasonal that way. Although the Shellie May one is pink and really can be any season.

I bought the navy blue Duffy purse. Although it is beautiful, the blue is wool or just feels like it. Not pleasant to the touch.

If you are thinking about the Duffy purse, wait until Spring next year to get the other version.
    The small totes are cute, though I don't really prefer the mounted Duffy head as a rule. But the autumn one has really rich browns and blues, and I personally love the wool texture, so I've been tempted by it. I really think it's a small tote, rather than a purse, and a man - at least one like me - shouldn't be afraid of it; it's not really a "purse," or at least it doesn't have to be. Also, I very strongly doubt that these will be back in exactly the same designs next year, and like I already said, I find the autumn colors especially appealing, though the spring one is really cheerful and bright, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    That's a great idea. I hope they do it.

Maybe a secondary costume (like the secondary skeleton costumes or Halloween) could be a snowman costume.
    They have to introduce the SnowShellie Light this year, and if Halloween was anything to go by, that also means this will be the last chance to get either the SnowDuffy or SnowShellie Lights, so be ready! I doubt they'll do costumes so similar to the merchandise. I think PJs are very, very likely. And I really hope for the Colors of Christmas costumes, too. I imagine what we might see is Colors of Christmas on predressed smiling bears, with PJs as the event costume. That would be just about ideal for me, too, and I really hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    Hi everyone,

So sorry not been around lately, but have been ill (again )...

Like others it seems, I too am so looking forward to the news about Christmas!! Both Shellie and Duffy are excited too! This will be our first Christmas having known about Tokyo DisneySea and Duffy Post, and we are hoping that there may be some Christmas stickers released from there to put in their scrapbook!! We also hope for the pj sets for both of them!

Best wishes to all. It's nice to be a bit better and be back. I miss this forum when I can't get on.
    It's great to see you, JayCee. I'll email you privately about the Duffy Roll Blanket; you know, I really do encourage people to get pairs of everything. When they don't, they nearly always regret it. You really lucked out that these came back. I'll be honest and admit that I never expected that, total surprise. I would be beyond surprised if there are no stickers this Christmas, too. I think you can bank on that one.

I'm so happy your feeling better, and I hope it lasts and lasts. We miss you when you're not here, too.^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    ...about the Duffy Roll Blanket; you know, I really do encourage people to get pairs of everything. When they don't, they nearly always regret it. You really lucked out that these came back. I'll be honest and admit that I never expected that, total surprise.
    I was quite surprised as well. When we went West in August, we brought Shelby (Shellie Blanket) with us. She was not packed away, but carried on the shoulder with the strap. I continually reminded my daughter to be extra careful as this is not an item that can be replaced. I guessed OLC proved me wrong.

Again, if one is at all considering this, get them now while the gettin's good.

I will seriously consider the Duffy one if they are still around at Christmas. Crossing fingers.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's funny, DuffyD, when I thought about the PJ costumes, I also thought about secondary series. Because PJ's would be an "indoor" thing, they wouldn't go out in the snow in those, and probably wouldn't greet in them...but I could be wrong. So, the idea of the Colors of Christmas barge costumes as a secondary set, especially on smiling bears is excellent and would make so much sense. Also, the costumes would give us a break from re-releasing the Christmas Wishes costumes yet again. They did have the Candlelight Reflections costume for Duffy in two versions, and...one was on a pre-dressed smiling Duffy! I sincerely hope that happens this year!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I bet you're right about the snow bear lights, DuffyD. I'm all ready to order mine!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I hope so too, I want a snow-Shellie light! And truly, how could they NOT re-release those this year? The theme is "snow falling on Cape Cod"...so, they had darn better release snow bears!

snow globes??

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    snow globes??
    I want both, lights and globes. I really, really think it sounds like we're getting a snow globe this year, hopefully musical but I'm flexible on that point. I think all the other stuff we've guessed is fairly likely and feels very organic to where we are with the unfolding of post-Shellie, post-Spring Voyage Duffy. I won't be surprised if none of these inklings prove true, but I think they're better guesses than just what we hope to see or random ideas. I'm of course still hoping for the individual Cape Cod building figures, too, but I think that's more of a personal dream and probably less likely than the other guesses. Still, it would suit the theme.

Home Sweet Christmas was as close to something as cozy as I anticipate Snow Falling on Cape Cod (SFCC unless they give us a different English title). But HSC was like decorating and sitting by the fireplace and boiling cinammon and hanging stockings and getting ready for Christmas, various jazz recordings of "Old Cape Cod" and Christmas standards crooning in the background. It was preparing for and hosting invited guests.

I imagine SFCC as the night after those guests have gone home and a the following long, quiet Christmas Day with snow piled halfway up the door outside and making little crescent smiles in the window muntins. There's still the lingering smell of cookies and spices, memories of the Christmas Eve celebrations with friends and family and anticipation of the more private Christmas dinner in the evening before going out to carol in the streets one last time.

Santa has already come, we wake up early and run downstairs because any time after the sun rises counts. The day starts at dawn and will be filled with sitting around in PJs, watching snow fall, snacking on cookies, reading new books and playing with new toys. I see SFCC as being about all the "at home" time that last year's Cape Cod Carolers avoided. Carolers was about the community and night-time and togetherness. I think this year will likely be about home and PJs all night and all day the next day and intimacy.

Or even the whole season from Thanksgiving to New Year's, when it feels like we're always at home in pajamas. It starts with the McDuck's Thanksgiving Day Christmas Parade and just keeps on going until the ball drops in Waterfront Park to ring in the new year. All of that is very exciting, and we love making the trip and crossing the bridge into New York for the festivities. But I imagine SFCC to be about all the quiet days in between, sitting at home sipping tea or cocoa by a warm fire. The only sounds are its comforting crackle, the whistle of a kettle, the whistling of the wind, the creaking of trees and wood houses settling in and shifting their weight to get comfortable under their fresh, heavy white blanket. We are thankful that we can feel so warm inside, in our hearts, even in the middle of winter, with New England snow already piled high and still falling on Cape Cod.

The secret to Cape Cod Duffy is that Tokyo merchandise is always narrative, always telling a story, and stands on its own.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 09-26-2013 at 04:58 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD I love your story. I want to be in that story lol I love the idea of Christmas home feeling. Brings back memoirs and makes me want to make new ones. I hope OLC goes all out with lots of Christmas items. I so can't wait. I hope there is at least two costumes. I love two costumes and a CCC outfit. Plus add on fun items.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

DuffyD-Your story and the thoughts and images it reflects is exactly why I love the holiday season! Christmas is my favorite time of year! And I'm super excited to see what we have in store this season for our Duffy family!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast