Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

I'm pretty sure the Sweet Duffy stuff came out not too long before I posted it. If anyone uses Tumblr, My Big Mouth posted images from the Sweet Duffy AND the Santa's Coming Tonight stuff before I saw it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Found it!

Sweet Duffy 2014

I don't know what it is, but I the real costumes and artwork so much more than these walkaround mock-ups… What makes it feel so different? Maybe the completeness? Having bottoms?
    I think the bottoms help a lot--that's all Duffy's needed, I think (and I thought that when I saw the concept art too!). But not only are there pants, which were to be expected, but they did an amazing job on using fabric to tie the pants to the top. (Also, brown and blue! ) I personally like that they finally have elastic instead of suspenders, but I'm sure that has potential to be a subject of debate.

I like Shellie May's red and white apron with the smaller checks MUCH more than the more dusty-rose-looking concept art. It looks more classic, instead of a bit dated. And it's perfect that her full outfit is a dress, not a top and skirt or a top and bloomers, which I'd been a little worried about given some other outfits. There is also extra stitching on the heart appliques, which I think helps a lot.

I also like the blue on the final product better than the concept art for the walkabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyloaf View Post
    Can anyone tell what flavor the tea is this time and what kind of cookies come with it?
    If I read correctly, the cookies are vanilla, and I believe the katakana for the tea says "assam tea"--I'd never heard of but per Google it exists, so I probably read correctly. (I can only read katakana.) The item DuffyGuardian asked about DOES say "magnet."

I'm not sure I got across how much I LOVE this release. I texted my mom to say there were new things on the Duffy website and I'd email her the link, and she texted back along the lines of "Cool." So after that tepid reply, I had to go about describing the items from memory to try to get across just how amazing so many things are. I'm still not sure she understands completely, but I tried.

So many of the amazing items encourage fans to CREATE, not simply consume. Those items can be used by almost anyone with even the least desire to learn to melt chocolate or sew a stitch...yet could be turned into really unique things as well if you have the skill.

And if you have absolutely no interest in learning any sort of craft or cookery, there's still plenty of things for you too! Heck, the metal charms let you design your own items without doing anything more than choosing your charm and snapping it onto a cell phone charm/jack/string/etc.

It's several times better than I'd dreamed of when we thought Shellie May's Stocking Stuffers would be crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Sweet Duffy stuff came out not too long before I posted it. If anyone uses Tumblr, My Big Mouth posted images from the Sweet Duffy AND the Santa's Coming Tonight stuff before I saw it anywhere else.

I think the bottoms help a lot--that's all Duffy's needed, I think (and I thought that when I saw the concept art too!). But not only are there pants, which were to be expected, but they did an amazing job on using fabric to tie the pants to the top. (Also, brown and blue! ) I personally like that they finally have elastic instead of suspenders, but I'm sure that has potential to be a subject of debate.

I like Shellie May's red and white apron with the smaller checks MUCH more than the more dusty-rose-looking concept art. It looks more classic, instead of a bit dated. And it's perfect that her full outfit is a dress, not a top and skirt or a top and bloomers, which I'd been a little worried about given some other outfits. There is also extra stitching on the heart appliques, which I think helps a lot.

I also like the blue on the final product better than the concept art for the walkabouts.

If I read correctly, the cookies are vanilla, and I believe the katakana for the tea says "assam tea"--I'd never heard of but per Google it exists, so I probably read correctly. (I can only read katakana.) The item DuffyGuardian asked about DOES say "magnet."

I'm not sure I got across how much I LOVE this release. I texted my mom to say there were new things on the Duffy website and I'd email her the link, and she texted back along the lines of "Cool." So after that tepid reply, I had to go about describing the items from memory to try to get across just how amazing so many things are. I'm still not sure she understands completely, but I tried.

So many of the amazing items encourage fans to CREATE, not simply consume. Those items can be used by almost anyone with even the least desire to learn to melt chocolate or sew a stitch...yet could be turned into really unique things as well if you have the skill.

And if you have absolutely no interest in learning any sort of craft or cookery, there's still plenty of things for you too! Heck, the metal charms let you design your own items without doing anything more than choosing your charm and snapping it onto a cell phone charm/jack/string/etc.

It's several times better than I'd dreamed of when we thought Shellie May's Stocking Stuffers would be crafty.
    My mind has been reeling since I got the first glimpse of the crafty items last night. I can't wait!!!!!

oooh perfect. Assam tea is delicious. I'm relieved the cookies are vanilla-- I don't like things that are fruit flavored and some of the cookies from other releases are like...cranberry and whatnot.

• North American Duffeteer

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

LINK with Google Translate, so we can understand and vote. I don't know this drama; hope the commercial shows up on YouTube. Cool promotion. It's neat to see how unified the Tokyo aesthetic is; those all fit together so nicely. Duffy really is defined by fashion sense and design cohesion.^^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!^^

I honestly wasn't sure bottoms were enough. I think what's really making it work for me is the change in color values. That, and the material is refreshing for SD, very natural fibers and down-home rather than fancy. I loved 2011 and I LOVED 2012, but this is a nice change of pace. Plus, brown and blue. Yeah.^^

What you said!

The Handcrafts stuff really is a dream come true! It exceeds any expectations I had for Stocking Stuffers exponentially. I love it! I hope they keep doing this kind of stuff. It really sends the message that Duffy is about creation, not just consumption. And I think that's an essential element of the character.

I just LOVE your post so much, Eeee-va! I feel exactly the same way. They really surprised me with this one; I was not expecting to be as excited after seeing the walkaround art, but I am totally in love!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

That's just about the cutest thing ever! I wouldn't want the cushion's nose poking me in the back though...or for people to just dirty it up in general. Thank you for sharing, MikkiMausu.
    ILG

Technically not merchandise but... Starting April 1, the new TDS annual passport design is of Duffy & Shellie May!

年–“ƒ‘‚ƒƒƒˆœ東京ƒ‡‚‚ƒ‹ƒƒ‚ ƒƒˆ

You need to scroll down to see the photos of the passport designs that will be available.

Thank you for sharing.

The designs for the Annual Passports are well crafted and cute.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

WOW!!! If someone had told me this before seeing it, I honestly wouldn't have believed it. Duffy. Shellie. CAPE COD!! And nothing else!

Along with the 2014 New Year's release and the Duffy Bus, this is really shaping up to be a BIG year for Duffy. This is just INCREDIBLE!

THANK YOU for posting, Aimster! I've been waiting for the announcement of the new AP designs, but never in a million years expected this. WOW!!!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

That is so cute!!! It looks like a sewing basket.

These videos were added on the official Tokyo Disney Resort YouTube channel: