Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Talking Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Wow! HUGE surprise for 7/1!

New Sailor Costumes and Badges!!!

¥3300 Costumes, ¥1500 Badges
    *Wish I could get these to folks in time for the 4th of July!

FIVE NEW treats!!!

Apple & Strawberry Candy Pops, 3 of each ¥600

Milk Choco & Cranberry Chocolates, 3 of each ¥800

Whole Grain & Cranberry Cookies, 6 of each ¥1000

Financiers in Tin, 10 pieces ¥1400
    *This is a CARDSTOCK box, not a tin.

...Black Tea & Duffyface-shaped Sugarcubes ¥1500

*This is a CARDSTOCK box, not a tin.

Even SHELLIE gets a BALLOON!!!

*I the themed handles!!!^^

PLUS…NEW Souvenir Cup & Plate featuring BOTH bears TOGETHER for the first time!!!

...Souvenir Plate ¥600

...Souvenir Cup ¥700

Totally didn't see this coming!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-06-2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Clarification of packaging materials^^

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Omg! I love the new sailor outfits! They combine elements from past releases and look very nice! Very Americana! Kinda reminds me of the Titanic! Are these going to be permanent or just limited release? I really want these! And they're not that bad at 3,300 yen!

• North American Duffeteer

A complete rehash of the Cape Cod Sailor outfits. On every level, I love it!^^

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

NRubus, they'll be around til they sell out, but I imagine they'll sell out (or be pulled) before Halloween.

By the way, for SV2 WishListers, totes and vanity pouches sold out, but since it was my bad for not getting them last time, I went ahead and got them on auction for no additional charge. Also, SV2 folks who want 7/1 stuff, I'm fine with combining shipping. Honestly, I'd prefer to just ship everything after the July Shopping Trip now, which will be 7/11, with D-day NEXT WEDNESDAY, 6/27. Is that too soon?^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-19-2012 at 07:14 AM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Not really a fan of the costumes this summer, just not my personal taste. But I will still get the dessert plate and Aunt Peg item. (my mom's name is Peggy) so I try to get her anything with that store featured LOL.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Thumbs up Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Not really a fan of the costumes this summer, just not my personal taste. But I will still get the dessert plate and Aunt Peg item. (my mom's name is Peggy) so I try to get her anything with that store featured LOL.
    Honestly, I think I prefer the 2010 version, too, as a set. But Shellie's dress with a white or blue bow, and Duffy with these overalls and "My Friend Duffy" top and hat would make a cute traditional sailor sset that includes matching outfits for both bears. I'm thinking about it. For folks who missed the 2010 "Hello From Cape Cod" sailors, this is a great chance. I almost think Shellie's is better, at least as pieces, this time cos that dress is so great and versatile. It's kind of a shame Duffy's overalls aren't a bit more different from the MFD bottoms. …Maybe I'm missing some details on iPhone???

I have to say how overjoyed I am that all these items really highlight CAPE COD after Spring Voyage. The Tokyo balloons even have Corkbottle and Heartcockle accessories unique and exclusive to TDS.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-19-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Yea, I do like the 2010 version better, but I never got it! So this will do. I kinda wish Duffy's had sleeves, he looks kinda funky without sleeves, but for the price, I think they're great! I was hoping though, that these would be "default" costumes. They look perfect for a year round seller and really have the general Cape Cod feel. No strong "theme". I'm thinking about joining the shopping trip!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, this was a big surprise! Although I don't feel like owning the hat & neck scarves again, the bottoms are good. Well, Duffy's does look like My Friend Duffy, but Shellie's Dress is cute. These are the perfect mix-n-match pieces. The new snack items & balloons are so cute!! I have to figure out how to pay for these, LOL.

...oh wow, I'm totally loving the new costume sailor outfits, I'm going to totally have to get those! I really love the design and the fact that now Shellie gets an outfit that is sailor(tastic) (Duff Duff's fav. word of all time) as well and I love the deep blue and red/purple they picked for the collers and the fact that you can leave it off or put it on at pleasure.

I just noticed one difference I really about this sailor versus MFD – LONG pants! But I think that tea set is the star of the show for me!^^

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    …These are the perfect mix-n-match pieces. The new snack items & balloons are so cute!!
    And they're so CAPE COD!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm going to be in the minority here. I don't like these new sailor costumes at all. They just don't look right to me. *shrug*

Ah for those of us not on Duffy Post back in 2010. This is a great opportunity to catch up on Duffy's wardrobe. I'll have to go to Carter's and ask for more hangars, Duffy seems to be using them up so quickly these days.

• North American Duffeteer

I also love how OLC is doing by ulitilizing the New England theme by way of taste, especially ShellieMay's chocolate and cookies. Cranberry seems to make perfect sense to match that theme, reminding a true taste of New England.

I all the cranberriness, too!^^

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, those new sailor suit are really adorable , good quality as always they just needed boots.

Too bad I can afford them for now, hopefully I can get into other trip in the future for future release.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast