Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Ok, guys. I'm delaying the Shopping Trip two more days until 7/13 because they just added almost 20 new AMAZING products! We're talking HAND PUPPETS, super stationery, and ceramic mugs in a camping style! I all of this! A great, non-seasonal release that shows how much OLC cares about Duffy in a very fundamental way.^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Ok, guys. I'm delaying the Shopping Trip two more days until 7/13 because they just added almost 20 new AMAZING products! We're talking HAND PUPPETS, super stationery, and ceramic mugs in a camping style! I all of this! A great, non-seasonal release that shows how much OLC cares about Duffy in a very fundamental way.^^
    Thats is so awesome I just don't know what the Duffy and Shellie heads are next to the puppets. Do you know Duffy Daisuki? Everything looks so cute and I LOVE it!

Talking Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Hand Puppet, Duffy

Hand Puppet, Shellie

Cushion, Duffy

Cushion, ShellieMay

Memo Magnet, Duffy

Memo Magnet, ShellieMay

Ball Pen, Duffy

Ball Pen, ShellieMay

Memo Pad, Duffy

Memo Pad, ShellieMay

Ceramic Mug, Duffy
    *You can imagine how much I the brown/blue color scheme,
    but I'm also very excited about that OLC has not forgotten
    (and does not want fans to forget^^)
    that these are the "Bears of Happiness & Luck!"

Ceramic Mug, ShellieMay

It's NEW Tote, Duffy

It's NEW Tote, ShellieMay

Both bears together!!!

Chenille Mini-Towel

Face Towel, Duffy

Face Towel, ShellieMay

I just can't get enough of how "back to the roots" all this stuff is! The 7/1 stuff was a great teaser, and this completes the reboot back to establishing the Bears of Happiness & Luck in Cape Cod in a big way. All my unspoken dread that the bears were gonna be mainstreamed after Spring Voyage is gone. These releases are like the breeze off the ocean and the gentle music playing in Cape Cod, such a welcome relief!^^

Back to their hometown, back to basics, and back to the uniquely designed merchandise releases just for these characters. I am totally swooning over here!

• I love that tiny bear!

OH, if I were made out of money! Those puppets are about the cutest things ever, and the mini-towel is perfect!

The non-mobile site says this ADORABLE popcorn bucket is new, too! (Or did I miss it being posted before?)

???? | ???? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG... I MUST have those puppets (at least the Duffy one! And the ¥2500 price actually isn't too bad, all things considered. My brain has totally imploded from the cuteness.

But... I can't do the July DuffyPost. *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    ...The non-mobile site says this ADORABLE popcorn bucket is new, too!...
    ???? | ???? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

Oops! I almost missed this one! It's great! It's like that "Ice Cream Cup" from the US (which I actually had a friend pick up for me last year when I was still optimistic about Stateside Duffy). Only this one is far more detailed, actually cute and actually looks like Duffy. Plus I bet this popcorn bucket won't break before you get out of the park like the ice cream cup my friend bought did. That was a common problem; solved here with careful, attentive design. That "hinge" on the ice cream cup was just ridiculous. Do they still sell that thing? It will also surely be better painted (in terms of both accuracy and durability), and also probably made of superior-grade plastic. Oh, yeah, and his hat doesn't say "Duffy" on it, like we don't know who he is.

IT!^^

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    OMG...My brain has totally imploded from the cuteness.

Right there with you!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    But... I can't do the July DuffyPost. *cries*
    There'll be another one in September for Halloween. It's unclear, but I think at least most of these items will still be available. They seem like a reboot of the Regular Series, meaning that all of the past Regular Series stuff just became a lot more collectible and valuable, too!

---------- Post added 07-07-2012 at 01:04 AM ----------

I think the Cushions and Totes are likely to be sold out and not restocked after the first wave; the rest of it, though, looks to me like it should still be available come September.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-06-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: "I bet it won't break before I leave the park like it did on mine":???:...:blush:

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    There'll be another one in September for Halloween. It's unclear, but I think at least most of these items will still be available. They seem like a reboot of the Regular Series, meaning that all of the past Regular Series stuff just became a lot more collectible and valuable, too![COLOR=#8b0000]
    I hope the puppets and pens are still available then... and maybe one of the mugs. Oh to be able to have my morning coffee in a Duffy mug!

• MiceAge Columnist

OMG! A Puppet? A Duffy puppet? I'm in big trouble if I get my hands on a Duffy puppet. I don't even want to tell you all the shenanigans my friends and I got up to when Hunchback of Notre Dame came out and we went everywhere with Clopin puppets!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    OMG! A Puppet? A Duffy puppet? I'm in big trouble if I get my hands on a Duffy puppet. I don't even want to tell you all the shenanigans my friends and I got up to when Hunchback of Notre Dame came out and we went everywhere with Clopin puppets!
    Oh I would LOVE to hear more about his! LOL! Sounds like my kind of shenanigans! Now I want a whole bunch of us to get Duffy puppets and then have a meetup!

That does sound fun! I wanna hear more, too!^^

• MiceAge Columnist

There were 4 principle puppets, each acquired a name along the way except one, whose name became Noname because he never really got a name or personality. King James was the leader of the puppets and a real scallywag who always lead the rest of the puppets into mischief. He thought he was from France but his accent was so bad we knew he wasn't. King James like to wear a little crown on his Clopin hat and he had a sparkly king-like cape. The other puppets besides Noname were my two puppets, Scout & Reverend Bob. Scout got his name because he was fond of wearing a scout uniform over his Clopin costume (although his favorite costume was a Disneyland Tour Guide outfit — he aspired to work in City Hall and lead tour groups) and Bob — well, we were never sure why he referred to himself as Reverend Bob, as we found him in the gutter and he was way too fond of the Neon Cactus (a bar that used to be at the Disneyland Hotel before DCA came along).

There are too many stories to tell in much detail — the puppets smuggled a barbeque into Disneyland for a Memorial Day barbeque (this is pre 911 before baggage checks), got dressed up for Cinco de Mayo and guzzled margaritas in Disneyland, celebrated the "new Tomorrowland" in 1998 by showing up in space costumes like you see in vintage Disneyland pictures (complete with plastic globe-shaped space helmets), went to WDW and so dazzled a castmember that he gave them VIP viewing for Spectromagic (the parade at the Magic Kingdom at that time), organized a "puppet reunion" at the Festival of Fools show wherein some 20-30 Clopin puppets popped up at an opportune moment during the show, surprising the castmember playing Clopin, who didn't miss a beat and exclaimed, "Why it looks like a family reunion!" and celebrated a little too much one New Year's Eve at what my friends and I will forever refer to as "the puppet dock" (the dock to the right of the Mark Twain boarding area). The puppets constantly made puppet movies as they were very fond of cameras.

One of my favorite stories took place when Disneyland was doing construction on what used to be the castmember parking lot to the right of the entrance to Disneyland. The parking lot was being dug up so we took the puppets, in construction garb, and a puppet-sized earth mover remote-control truck and set the puppets up for a photo-op like they were excavating Disneyland. This was in a place that was a little questionable as to whether we should have been there or not. We got the puppets all ready for photos and then here comes a Disneyland security castmember in his car. At that point I thought, "Uh oh, big trouble." The castmember rolled down the window and leaned out, surveying the puppet activity, looked up and said, "What do you think you're doing?" No one responded for what seemed like a long time but was probably a only a few seconds. I'm talking about adults here, a lawyer, a school teacher, an antiques dealer, and an engineer who were in their late 30s–40s, agewise. I'm sure we were all thinking, "There goes our APs." Then, King James came to life, and in his very bad French accent, responded, "Playing."
    "Oh," the Disneyland security CM said, "Carry on." And then he drove off. So the puppets continued digging, got their construction photos, and then headed into Disneyland for more fun.

I still have Bob and Scout (he is probably going to Disneyland Sunday afternoon as an old friend from that time period is showing up and Scout may need to see her) and I have possession of Noname. My friend who owned him decided to get rid of everything when we retired the puppets, and was going to send Noname to the Goodwill. I couldn't bear that so I took him. Scout, Bob and Noname currently live quite happily in a display case in my house. They'd probably love it if Duffy Puppet came to join them. Alas, I think I'm going to really need a Duffy puppet.

Talking Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

…The puppets constantly made puppet movies as they were very fond of cameras.
    Want to SEE!!

…This was in a place that was a little questionable as to whether we should have been there or not.

We got the puppets all ready for photos and then here comes a Disneyland security castmember in his car. At that point I thought, "Uh oh, big trouble." The castmember rolled down the window and leaned out, surveying the puppet activity, looked up and said, "What do you think you're doing?" No one responded for what seemed like a long time but was probably a only a few seconds. I'm talking about adults here, a lawyer, a school teacher, an antiques dealer, and an engineer who were in their late 30s–40s, agewise. I'm sure we were all thinking, "There goes our APs." Then, King James came to life, and in his very bad French accent, responded, "Playing."
    "Oh," the Disneyland security CM said, "Carry on."
    AWESOME!!!^^

I want to see the puppet movies too!

OMG I about choked from laughing at the construction story! I HAVE to see photos of these adventures now!

Wow, such awesome merchandise! I love it all! I am hoping to have saved up a little money to join in on the Duffy post later this year or next year! Thank you for posting these pictures, it is great that we can see the various items (and drool over them!).

Photos from Flickr

• when you wish...

I seriously hope TDS still has this new merchandise come the next shopping trip! I saw these new goodies a little too late for this trip
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast