Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

And...there's more!!

So, checking the official site, I see they added a bunch of new things to part us from our money.

Most of these things will be released on October 4th.

First, Duffy and ShellieMay get keychain compact mirrors for ¥1,400 each.

Then we get new versions of the "plush head" tote bags. Each is ¥3,000

Duffy:

ShellieMay:

Next we get lap blankets with plush Duffy and ShellieMay attached. They roll up and have handles for portability. Each is ¥4,800.

Duffy:

ShellieMay:

And...last but not least, we have NEW Cannery Clothing Company Costumes! These are the fall/winter sets. They are super adorable with the coats and accessories. These definitely have a "New England" feel to them. Each set is ¥8,900.

Duffy: As you can see, his comes with corduroy pants with belt (that looks quite a lot like a Gucci design), fur lined boots, hooded shirt, plaid peacoat, and wool cap.

ShellieMay: Hers comes with bloomers, cute flower print dress, white shirt, boots, a velvety blue bow, and a lovely pink coat.

I really like these designs, and they are really going in the non-costume direction. I just love that they are just regular clothes, but very well made. I love the little nod to Gucci.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    And...there's more!!

So, checking the official site, I see they added a bunch of new things to part us from our money.

Most of these things will be released on October 4th.
    Wow! This is just what I needed. Honestly, I had been kind of expecting to see a new CCC soon. It figures that it would get announced while I was out of town and not paying attention. It's a perfect "welcome home" surprise, though. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

And thanks, Gurgi, for posting photos and prices. This is precisely the kind of "soft release" I had been waiting for. Just a few extremely high quality must-have items.

The mirrors are great. Perfect color values and great, durable-looking design. For folks who don't own a lot of Tokyo merchandise, it's probably worth mentioning that the "banner" tags attached to the mirrors will definitely be fully embroidered, not paint-stamped. These are truly luxury bag accessories. I love them so much that I may eventually buy them even with no practical purpose in mind. They are really well designed. One thing that I find particularly impressive is that looking closely, it really does appear that Shellie's mold is in fact Duffy's mold with a bow. But the execution is different enough and ShellieMay has become such a complete character to me now that even knowing that, I still can't see Shellie as "Duffy in drag" in any way. That's pretty remarkable character design, especially when you consider that these characters' stories and personalities are still conveyed primarily and almost exclusively through marketing and merchandising.

The new plush head bags may be my favorite yet; I love how the Duffy one could almost be considered "masculine." I'm still not buying these, cos I'm not into the concept. But they sell like hotcakes and this iteration is very nice. I liked the last ones, too, actually, for what they are. In fact, I think I preferred the handle details from that release, but on the whole, I like this autumn version a lot.

Now the blankets... Oh, sweet fantastic waves of happiness! I fluffing LOVE these!!! Gorgeous classic design, elegantly bold patterns of stripes and dots in subdued natural colors, fuzzy bear fur lining (i checked...although it's hard to see in the photo, the lining is exactly the same fur as used on the actual plush!!!), hip-postition placement of Mickey marks, automatic bear in the lap of the house guest or road trip traveller its offered to (i also confirmed that these little bears are the same size as the Spring Voyage 12" ones and that the bear is complete on the back, not just arms and head - that makes these a steal in my book!^^), cast metal nameplates in "gold" and "silver?!" I mean, these things are just dripping with quality! I could not possibly be more excited about these items. Absolute slam dunk! I hope they last til Christmas, as they'll make perfect gifts even for non-Duffy fans that we'd like to convert. Honestly, I think these are about the best "converter" items ever released. But I'm not sure I'd hold my breath about them being available into the Christmas season. These have extremely high production value, which still sometimes means more limited runs. Plus, there usually is a blanket released just for Christmas. I really suspect these could be long gone by then, which of course CMs can neither confirm nor deny.

...As will, I think, the glorious new Cannery Clothing Company releases. Wow. WOW. WOOOW!!!

So, because I love these items so much, I'm announcing an extra Shopping Day on 10/10 with D-Day on 10/1. That's cutting it close for transfers, but my bank's gotten better at handling PayPal. Some recent policy changes have made things a bit more efficient and as long as there are no changes and transfers are made on time, we should be okay.^^ The Gratuity will be the normal 30% rate because this trip is not primarily for seasonal items and because I've only gotten that rate for Duffy Post one time this year! Of course, folks who want Halloween items are welcome to get them, too, even if you're not getting any of these new things. If there are not at least five WishListers, though, of course the offer will be canceled. I can think of four WLers I think will definitely be excited about the chance to get these items early, but I'm not 100% sure about the fifth. I wish I'd been a little slower with shipping this tiime, actually, so that WishListers could have combined. If you want, I can buy these now and save them to ship with Christmas, which I will also guarantee to arrive to you before 12/1. I did a lot of checking today, and I really strongly believe that, except for the mirrors, these items are likely to be sold out before Christmas.

And by the way, Gurgi, the first thing I thought when I saw the new CCC costumes was, "Hallelujah!" The second thing I thought was, "That belt looks totally Gucci." ...And then I found your post.

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 03:34 PM ----------

The third thing I thought is that Duffy's hat is exactly what I wanted for Shellie's Cannery Clothing Co. Winter Salopette outfit. I mean, it's perfect. I also think that, of all the fantastic CCC releases, these are the most like the outfits displayed at Cape Cod Village Greeting Place, which I enjoy. And I wonder if this is the end for CCC? We've already had Spring, Winter, Summer, and now Autumn. Will CCC continue with a new collection next year? Will there be something totally different to replace it? Or will this be the end of seriously high-end luxury Duffy fashion? Honestly, I can't imagine it will!

I have to say, I really hope it continues. I'd actually like to see the CCC concept spread to including human accessories and maybe even clothes, too. Although I'd like the logo to be redesigned a bit in that case. I love the concept and the designs. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd hoped Paris was teasing with their Duffy launch, only an even more cohesive design aesthetic more firmly grounded in the character. The fashions have become more timeless and versatile as the series has progressed, and the shoes just keep getting better and better. And except for the Spring release, all of the CCC pieces have been extremely limited. Summer only lasted two or three months, I think, and Winter sold out in less than one if memory serves. These are true treasures and worth every yen. I'm seriously kicking myself now for using auctions to buy only the jackets...and later Duffy's shirt...and later Shellie's pants from the Spring sets because now I find it hard to justify re-purchasing the whole outfits since I've already spent more than the asking price buying them in incomplete pieces...live and learn, I guess. But I really want the complete set now; these are such wonderful showcase pieces of Tokyo design...

What would you guys like to see as the future direction for Cannery Clothing Co.?

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm not certain the molds are the same for the Duffy and Shellie May compacts, unless the noses and mouths are flat (they look molded to me, but it's hard to tell from photos). Duffy's nose is bigger than Shellie May's, and I'm not sure about the smiles but I THINK Duffy's is larger.

That said, I love the characterization of Duffy and Shellie May as well…my magnet/Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie Mays ARE the same design, even the same size, yet they feel totally unique. At least to me.

The blankets are AMAZING! They're seriously lined in fur like Duffy and Shellie May themselves? And have full small bears attached???? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I agree they are a steal, but even Duffy's just isn't in my budget. Whoever gets one, give it a hug for me!

Shellie May's CCC outfit in particular is beautiful and SO many pieces. Disney US would make a shirt or a toy-quality jacket and a cheap hat and sell it for $20 US.

It's hard for me to say what direction I want CCC to take because the outfits have all had their differences…though I will say that for Shellie May, at least, I like each outfit more and more!

I'm no Duffy expert but it kind of seems like with the CCC being high-quality ordinary clothes, the non-CCC clothes seem to be going a bit more toward the juvenile/costumish type of clothes. That would be my only concern about more CCC coming out. Prove me wrong, Christmas!

Then again, I don't have a 17" Duffy or Shellie May (in part BECAUSE I can't spend that kind of money on bear clothes!) so in that regard I guess it doesn't affect me.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm not certain the molds are the same for the Duffy and Shellie May compacts, unless the noses and mouths are flat (they look molded to me, but it's hard to tell from photos). Duffy's nose is bigger than Shellie May's, and I'm not sure about the smiles but I THINK Duffy's is larger.
    You're totally right, of course. I took another look after I posted and Shellie's nose, mouth, and face silhouette are all clearly more petite. And, yes, the facial details are sculpted. I just didn't post again cos I thought that was already very long.

The blankets are AMAZING! They're seriously lined in fur like Duffy and Shellie May themselves? And have full small bears attached???? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I agree they are a steal, but even Duffy's just isn't in my budget. Whoever gets one, give it a hug for me!
    I will do!^^ I can't not have these. Like the new CCC, they're not cheap, but they are a great value and I'll treasure them forever.

Shellie May's CCC outfit in particular is beautiful and SO many pieces. Disney US would make a shirt or a toy-quality jacket and a cheap hat and sell it for $20 US.
    Urgh… You've got a point.

I'm no Duffy expert but it kind of seems like with the CCC being high-quality ordinary clothes, the non-CCC clothes seem to be going a bit more toward the juvenile/costumish type of clothes. That would be my only concern about more CCC coming out. Prove me wrong, Christmas!
    I've wondered the same thing kind of. But last year's Halloween Dream release was simultaneously high gothic fashion and down-home classic American charm. Duffy's Spring Voyage sweater and hat weren't so childish, though I guess the shorts were a little. Shellie's didn't really seem to have an age to me. All the summer sailor outfits were like uniforms, so they're hard to pin down. I didn't think last year's Christmas release was juvenile, either, more "casual." I am hoping for something more formal this year, though.

Then again, I don't have a 17" Duffy or Shellie May (in part BECAUSE I can't spend that kind of money on bear clothes!) so in that regard I guess it doesn't affect me.
    I can understand that, for sure! Duffy is absolutely addictive. Duffy collecting has become one of my primary hobbies and a major part of my "controlled happiness supplementation."^^ The joy I feel about these new items is astonishing to the point of ridiculousness, but it truly does make me very happy. If you hesitate about the addiction, yeah, I would stay away from the costume sized bears. Although, for me, the tiny bears I have are all gifts for precisely the same rationale: I didn't want to start collecting one of those each time. MANY people do.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I may be able to do the special shopping trip. I don't want to risk missing out on some of these things. Those blankets are super adorable. I wanted to buy some of the regular series items, but I will probably have to hold off on those until the Christmas shopping trip. I think some of those items should still be available...I mean, they're still showing on the website after a few months, so I'm hopeful. But, the blankets, and the CCC costumes may not be around.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the plush head bag style. I'm sure they're popular, but I'm glad it's one thing I don't have to have. The little canvas ones from a few years ago are just perfect for me.

As for where the Cannery Clothing Company line goes. I hope it sticks around. They have had a secondary line for years now, and I thought that CCC refined the whole concept. From the Cape Cod Seasons, to Hello From Cape Cod, we finally got something really special with CCC. It's certainly MUCH more expensive, but I do like what they've done so far. Not too juvenile, while still keeping the characters child-like.

I do worry, like Eeee-va, that the regular series, and holiday items, will skew more toddler, but I hope not. This recent buggy Halloween made me feel like that, and so did the latest regular series sets, with the branded t-shirts. Those almost look like baby clothes. Hopefully those are just anomalies, and Christmas will be classy/timless again. I mean, it's hard not to with the theme of Christmas Carolers. I already have visions in my head of what they could look like.

So, I hope that CCC continues to be what it is, I have faith that they can continue to surprise us with elegant and unique designs that don't repeat. If they do decide to cancel the series, I hope something comes along to replace it...maybe not as expensive this time? Although with Tokyo Disneyland's 30th next year, I'm hoping we're not going to get an onslaught of costumes like they did for the 25th...I don't think my bank account can take that!

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 10:12 AM ----------

Oh...and can you imagine if they decided to do a spring CCC set that was rain gear??? It would be so amazing with all of the separates! It would likely put the Cape Cod Seasons Duffy raincoat to shame.

Count me in on this upcoming shopping trip! ^.^

Cool! More stuff I can't buy! :/ Damn you higher educations! LOL Good thing is, with what I'm studying, I'm getting more and more confident of constructing similar if not better designs than what OLC has released. But I just love the designs so much and inspire me to create! So thank you OLC for that!

Does anybody know if the Cannery Clothing Company outfits with the strpes (Summer???) are still available?

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 09:24 AM ----------

Well, I did a little checking on my own, which I should have done prior to my post, and found that the striped Cannery Clothing outfits are still shown on the official Duffy page of Tokyo Disneyland. So, I'm going to hope the outfits are still available.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

If you mean these, they're Spring, and yes, they are:

Any chance the lifejacket outfit is still around too?

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

So if I'm making a 10/10 wish list, how do I write the description for the fall/winter outfits?

And Shellie's spring outfit.

Are regular series items also available on this shopping trip?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

New Peacoat sets for ¥3900. Duffy's is very similar, but Shellie's is a completely different color. Hats are similar, though Shellie's features all new detail. Both now come with gloves. I can't tell for sure if those buttons are metal, but I bet they are. And I can't tell for sure if they're embossed with Duffy paws, but I hope they are:

13Duffel (Duffy) ¥3800

13Duffel (Shellie) ¥3800

There are also badges of each of these for ¥1500:

13Duffel Badge (Duffy)
    ¥1500

13Duffel Badge (Shellie)
    ¥1500

Plus, there will be a 2013 Year Bear:

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-04-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Oh wow, those new outfits are lovely! I will have to have these!
    Are they already available? If not will they be around when you do the Sweet Duffy shopping trip DuffyD? (holds hands together, gets on knees and hopes they will be!!!)

Edited to add, I had a look at the Japanese Duffy website and I think it indicates they will be available from Dec 26th?

Awesome!
    Last edited by Becx; 12-18-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Photos from Flickr

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I think for this stuff, since there's not too much of it, I'll pick it up when I go after the New Year. So transfers by…Christmas. Although sooner really is better. Folks who are interested should let me know immediately. I think, though, I won't ship until Sweet Duffy. And no need to send gratuity until Sweet Duffy, either. We'll do it like one trip. The blankets and CCC costumes might not last long after being restocked, so folks who really want those items probably don't want to wait until Sweet Duffy. The badges will likely sell out quickly, too, but I imagine these costumes will still be there in mid January.

I'm actually really happy about these. Firstly, I'm glad folks who missed out last year get a shot at something similar. The OLC team just does amazing quality with coats and knits. Also, I've tried my own makeshift mittens, so I'll be glad to have those. And if the buttons are how I think, that's very exciting. The lack of hood and more "fly" collar is also cool. I kinda think Shellie's will look fantastic with her wrap from last year's winter CCC wrap, and Duffy's is more similar to his coat from the original Sweet Duffy storybook than any iteration yet; I've been waiting four years for that!^^ I just wish they'd actually made the green pants, too.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh, those outfits are amazing! I especially love Shellie May's, with the flower making it look so new and different. The detailing on the badges is really neat, though I can't tell if the buttons are missing. (I'd GUESS they have some version of the ones on the front, but I don't see any on the sleeves.)

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast