Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event news!!!!

Event news!!!!

The release date for the Duffy Vinylmations have been moved up from July to June 29!!!
    On this day at Treasures in Paradise, Monty Maldovan will be signing the new Duffy Vinlymations.
    This all coinsides with the Gear up for Adventure pin event which will also be featuring Duffy pins.

Here is the event info here:
    The Art of Disney Parks

and here:
    Gear Up For Adventure - Disneyland® Resort

and here is a picture of the Duffy pin:
    New Duffy the Disney Bear Items Celebrate Moms and More at Walt Disney World Resort « Disney Parks Blog

Duffy, Shell and I will be there. Hope to see some fellow Duffy fans out there

---------- Post added 06-06-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

On a side note:
    On the last link is Steven Miller's blog about new Duffy items if you read his comments. He let out some interesting news about new 17 bear outfits.
    I quote:

@Nicole – Thank you for the kind words. At this point, the Disney Parks in the US (Disneyland and Walt Disney World) are only focusing on Duffy the Disney Bear. There are plans to introduce some additional costumes for the 17-bear. In particular, you will see a new Halloween costume, Mad Hatter and a few others coming later this year. Stay tuned.

So Halloween and a Mad Hatter? My mind is turning at the possibilities.

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Re: Event news!!!!

Is the Vinylmations singings only gonna be in DL? Is the Vinylmation coming to WDW in June to? I can't wait for the new costumes.

The signing will only be at Disneyland. The Duffy Vinlymations will be relesed on June 29 at both Disneyland and WDW, but if you want to buy Duffy early or cannot make it to the parks the Duffy Vinlymation will be relesed online on June 22.

Yes, I am dreaming of the new costumes too!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm anxious to see what the Mad Hatter costume is going to look like. Will it be the Disney version or the Tim Burton version? I like both but...

I'm friends with Steven Miller (and Monty Maldovan) on FB, but I just can't bring myself to hounding them about upcoming Duffy stuff.

I am very curious about the Mad Hatter also. I keep getting the image of poohstraveler handmade Mad Hatter outfit from Tim Burton's version. Though the animated version would be ideal for me.

Either way, I am excited for the prospect of more Disney theme character outfits.

As for the Halloween costume I am hoping for a Jack Skellington outfit. It would go perfect for the Haunted Mansion Holiday

Aimster, who are Steven Miller and Monty Maldovan ? Mad hatter Duffy costume is on the way? If so, I hope is not Tim Burton´s!!

Monty Maldovan is the Senior Character Artist who designs Duffy's outfits and alot his of the merchandise in America.

Steven Miller is Merchandise Communications Manager at Disney that blogs about upcoming products coming out at the parks

Thank you Messica! i will have to keep an eye on them

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks for the news, especially on the clothes! If I had to guess which Mad Hatter they'll use, I'd lean slightly toward the Tim Burton version of the Mad Hatter costume, because there is a new nightly event in DCA themed around his version on Alice in Wonderland. But I don't think it's a lock; I can definitely seeing it go either way. (I don't personally want either costume, so in that regard, I just want it to be whichever everyone here wants. )

I'm hoping the Halloween costume isn't a pumpkin outfit! But I guess we'll see...anything for the 17" bears is good news, IMO.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The cynic in me is thinking that the Halloween costume will end up being the pumpkin that they actually did release at Hong Kong Disneyland last year. That would be the cheapest thing for them to do, and...typical...

• Future Indy Castmember

Theres a new post on Duffy on the Parks Blog. There will be a Fathers Day exclusive outfit but it really looks cheap. It also shows the Peter Pan and Mad Hatter (1951 version) costumes:

Duffy the Disney Bear Celebrates Father

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks for the link. If I read it right the fathers day shirt is released at WDW only. Really? That's messed up that dlr doesn't get these too.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think the two new costumes are cute in the photo. I'm not sure I would buy them as I don't know if they have improved the quality. I'm not a fan of the one piece. I like to mix and match Duffys clothes. They have done a better job but still fails when compared to TDS costumes.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I actually buy these, the first cute outfits in awhile. The boys can use them as their play costumes.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I posted the blog link in the merchandise thread. I absolutely hate the Father's Day shirt. It's ugly and cheap looking. Duffy deserves better!

The costumes on the other hand... LOVE!!! I am actually impressed and plan on buying both if that's what the final version ends up being.

The costumes look meh to me. I like the idea, but execution is lacking. And they keep using that same really cheap looking fabric which just looks tacky! But I'll give them an A for effort. I'd personally would make the costumes myself if I wanted such costumes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast