Talking Disney's Halloween Daydream & Cape Cod Halloween Parade!^^

The official press release came out for Halloween a couple days ago:

OLC TDR HALLOWEEN ANNOUNCEMENT

TDL events are basically the same, while the new TDS Disney Halloween celebration looks to be bigger and better, with the main show more centrally located on the lagoon, and featuring 110 performers! It's also still more gorgeous than garish with its masquerade mystery motif. The story seems similar, too, in that while Mysterious Masquerade had us dancing til dawn with ghosts; Halloween Daydream seems to have us learning, along with the locals in Mediterranean Harbor, that smiling skeletons can indeed be more friendly than frightening. Speaking of skeletons, there will still be Chip n' Dale's Skeleton Fiesta in Lost River Delta, too, with it's street greeting parade.

The most exciting news for Duffeteers, though, even as I am truly looking forward to an epic Halloween show on the water, is that after a very eventful Spring Voyage Duffy and ShellieMay seem to be settling back into their hometown and doing their own thing, with their own unique merchandise lineup...for the Cape Cod Halloween Parade!

"...また、ダッフィーとシェリーメイがケープコット(sic)でハロウィーンパレードをしているデザイ ン のグッズなど、東京ディズニーシーならではのグッズを約 110 種類販売します。"

It looks like general Halloween goods will go on sale from 9/1, with Duffy and ShellieMay goods coming from 9/3. Expect Shopping Day to be 9/5 with D-day for orders and transfers on 8/22. I wonder if the Cape Cod Halloween Parade is just the theme for the design of the merchandise, or if there will actually be a parade similar to the March of the Champions mini-event in 2009? I'm hoping for an actual event!^^ I'm also really excited about the costumes. They may just be something I've wanted since January... Ever since Gurgi started talking about next year's Sweet Duffy costumes, I've been dreaming of Drum Major Duffy and Drill Captain ShellieMay in marching band uniforms! And I've ALWAYS d these:

I know this is Disneyland, but still...^^

While most of the park decorations will be skeleton-themed, the "flavor" will be tailored to each area. Cape Cod will have a "down home country" vibe. As long as it's not pumpkins again, I'm good... The bears will also have their own special desserts, and yes, with some kind of souvenir option...although plates and cups are not specifically listed. Maybe something new?

I am just so excited about Cape Cod being back in its own groove; I really missed that with Spring Voyage. As happy as I've been to see the bears getting so much love, the merchandise did seem kind of out of place in, say, Nautilus Gifts. Plus, it will just feel so good to see them with their own separate merchandise again. I really, really hope that either Spring Voyage was a super special event that will not be repeated next year, or that next year's event ramps it up with a huge lagoon show, a big Waterfront Park show, and another big show in Lost River Delta. And I hope that there is one base range of merchandise, along with seven other separately designed mini-product lines tailored to each Port.

Ideally, I'd actually love to see just the seven different product lines, but that seems highly unlikely. If I really indulge myself in pure fantasy, I'd love to see Spring Voyage items actually be unique to each shop, re-creating the atmosphere of a just-opened park. That's really what the design pointed to, noticing the details of each individual attraction, restaurant and every shop in every Port. Totally unique merchandise, everything at every shop exclusive and fresh...that would be incredible. And more bears-only goods, with NO MOUSES. Oops. More on all that in my Spring Voyage end-of-event digest report...which is coming...someday.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Re: Disney's Halloween Daydream & Cape Cod Halloween Parade!^^

Thanks for the update, DuffyDaisuki! We will not be able to return to Japan too soon, so it is very exciting to be able to see the plans and photos and such online!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE marching band uniforms! I used to be in marching band in High School! Best experience I've ever had! So this would be SO perfect for me!

• I also like Stitch!

I would rather have Duffy and Shellie May versions of Mickey and Minnie's Mysterious Masquerade costumes than marching band costumes

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't want skeletons because that was one of the BAB costumes theyhad last year. I'll have to wait and see what they do. But my Duffy already has his costume choice (Captain EO... which my aunt is making) and still undecided on Shellie's.

I can't wait to see what they come out with for Halloween and the fall shows, I had such a wonderful time watching them online and I hope they do something that is just as delightful!

Turns out the Cape Cod Halloween Parade is just a merchandise theme, not an actual parade. I'm kinda bummed I let my imagination get ahead of me, but I'm even more excited about the concept itself. I can't hardly wait to see it!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-10-2012 at 07:03 AM.

No news on Duffy's Cape Cod Halloween Parade merchandise yet, but I posted some images of TDS merchandise and concept art (and a little from TDL) over on the Tokyo boards. Check it out!^^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That skeleton shirt looks almost identical to the skeleton costume BAB put out last year!

Except the hands on the sleeves and the Mickey details. Yeah, it's almost equally iconic to the sheet with eyeholes, a classic. BAB's done it before, too, but last year was my favorite.^^