Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    112

    New to Micechat forums!

    Hi, I have just joined Micechat

    I have lurked a little on the Duffy forum and I thought it was time I signed up and joined in with all the Duffy love

    My Duffy first came into my life in December 2010, his first outfit was the Scottish kilt and hat set! So my husband and I affectionately call him McDuffy!

    My name is Becky and I live in the UK. So far McDuffy has enjoyed a stay at AKL and BLT at WDW in 2010, we also took a trip last December staying at OKW and we did a 4 night cruise on the Dream! He can't wait for his next adventure a 5 night cruise on the Magic from NY visiting Halifax and Saint John!

    So Hi to all my fellow Duffy fans, I hope to get to know you all better and can't wait to share the Duffy love with you all

  2. #2

    • Dolcetto o scherzetto?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Welcome! Nice to have someone from the UK posting here again. I dream of the day we have at least one Duffeteer in every territory!^^

    Also, I don't know what AKL, BLT and OKW are...

  3. #3

    • I love that tiny bear!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Welcome! Nice to meet you! I LOVE the name McDuffy! Seems PERFECT for a Duffy with links to the UK.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    112

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Welcome! Nice to have someone from the UK posting here again. I dream of the day we have at least one Duffeteer in every territory!^^

    Also, I don't know what AKL, BLT and OKW are...
    Hi, thanks for the welcome Apologies, AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge, BLT is Bay Lake Towers, OKW is Old Key West - all WDW resorts. Sorry I have been a member of another Disney message boards and using those acronyms is like second nature but I will be sure to spell them out first now

    I am trying to promote Duffy where ever I can, I wish we were going to Disneyland Paris soon and then he could get to see the Dragon under Sleeping Beauty's castle But I am so happy he can visit New York and see Canada! He's a well travelled bear!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Welcome! Nice to meet you! I LOVE the name McDuffy! Seems PERFECT for a Duffy with links to the UK.
    Hi there! Thank you it fit so well He's yet to make it up to Scotland (we live about an hour north of London - right in the middle) but I'm hoping next year we'll be travelling a bit closer to home - McDuffy does the UK

    Photos from Flickr

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Welcome to the Duffy Community Becx and McDuffy!!! Glad to have you join. Hope your upcoming trip is as amazing as it sounds. I still have to get my Duffy and Shell down to WDW. Hopefully BLT or the Contempary (I love those two!)


    http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/


    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



  6. #6

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    36

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Hey! I'm Emma and I'm from the Uk too

    We recently got our first Duffy back in Dec 2011 when he finally came to Disneyland Paris. My Daughter who is 6 adores Duffy and Shellie May and we are building our collection slowly. We so far have 1 17" Duffy, the Shellie and Duffy wrist purses, St Patricks Duffy, the Spring Voyage Duffy head bag and the book. My friend recently went to Japan and got my Daughter the Spring Voyage Shellie May which she is excited to get from her when we go to Paris this October.

    She has this amazing connection with Duffy having not even met him yet and she is so excited to be able to get her first real Duffy hug when we go to DLP this year. We even have had a Sailor Duffy dress made especially for the occasion.

    It's great to find so many other people who love Duffy as much as we do. We get a lot of stick for loving him from Duffy haters, but we don't care.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    112

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Quote Originally Posted by messica View Post
    Welcome to the Duffy Community Becx and McDuffy!!! Glad to have you join. Hope your upcoming trip is as amazing as it sounds. I still have to get my Duffy and Shell down to WDW. Hopefully BLT or the Contempary (I love those two!)
    I loved Bay Lake Towers - how can you beat being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom! I am hoping the next DVC resort will be at the Polynesian!

    Quote Originally Posted by duffyholic View Post
    Hey! I'm Emma and I'm from the Uk too

    We recently got our first Duffy back in Dec 2011 when he finally came to Disneyland Paris. My Daughter who is 6 adores Duffy and Shellie May and we are building our collection slowly. We so far have 1 17" Duffy, the Shellie and Duffy wrist purses, St Patricks Duffy, the Spring Voyage Duffy head bag and the book. My friend recently went to Japan and got my Daughter the Spring Voyage Shellie May which she is excited to get from her when we go to Paris this October.

    She has this amazing connection with Duffy having not even met him yet and she is so excited to be able to get her first real Duffy hug when we go to DLP this year. We even have had a Sailor Duffy dress made especially for the occasion.

    It's great to find so many other people who love Duffy as much as we do. We get a lot of stick for loving him from Duffy haters, but we don't care.
    Hi Emma! I am so happy your daughter has found Duffy and Shellie May! I had read a lot about Duffy and the amazing Japanese fans that gave him 'life', I was so happy to be able to give my Duffy a good home. It is my dream to visit Japan and Tokoyo Disneyland to be able to get a Shellie May (I know I could get one from Duffy Post but I feel that I ought to 'make a pilgrimage' if you know what I mean!).
    She is so lucky that you 'get' Duffy too x x I think that he brings out the best in people - Duffy really does bring love, even my husband has a soft spot for McDuffy!
    Meeting Duffy at Epcot was awesome, i hope we are able to have a trip to Disneyland Paris soon (although that will mean Duffy needs a French outfit too!)
    The dress is adorable! If/when we have kids they will be able to share in our love for this cute 'lil bear!

    Duffy haters don't even feature on my radar! I feel sorry that they don't have enough room in their hearts for understanding him

    I cannot wait to see some of your photos from DLP, have a fabulous time!
    Last edited by Becx; 07-18-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling!

    Photos from Flickr

  8. #8

    • Adventures with Duffy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too far from TDR :(
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Hi welcome, great to have you here. You and Duffy have had lots of fun your trips. Where is Duffys favorite place to stay? That will be cool when you and Duffy can go to DLP. I was there in 1998, my Duffy hears the stories of that park and hopes to go someday.

    D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Welcome Becx and McDuffy!! Glad to see more Duffy fans! please share lots of pictures!

  10. #10

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: New to Micechat forums!

    Welcome. Be Prepared to enjoy yourself. Make sure you go to the meets if in town

Similar Threads

  1. Welcome to the New MiceChat Forums!
    By Monorail Man in forum The Forums
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
  2. New to the forums and Happy to be here
    By DisneyLoon in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 12:06 PM
  3. New Theme: MiceChat Light
    By Monorail Man in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •