Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Duffeteers at WDW and DLR: Please help?

I have decided that I REALLY want the Duffy hat Cast pins

3 from WDW:

Cop, Cowboy, Construction Worker

And 3 from DLR:

Sailor, Pirate, Fireman

Shipping them here from several different eBay sellers gets expensive quickly. If anyone can help out, please let me know. Thanks in advance.^^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffeteers at WDW and DLR: Please help?

I'll be back at WDW Aug 16-18 so I'll see what I can do. I didn't see these pins when I was there last month. Not sure if they're available yet.

They are out now. The problem is that everyone is on the lookout now for them. Pin collectors, Hidden Mickey collectors, Duffy collectors from the US and Asia and everyone else that sees them and realize how cute they are.

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I went today and didn't see those pins. I want them to there so cute

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks, guys. You can't buy them, right? You have to trade for them?

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Thanks, guys. You can't buy them, right? You have to trade for them?
    When I go to WDW I will keep an eye out for those pins for you Duffy Daisuki.

At this time you can only trade for them. This is exhausting work because you have to check each castmembers laynard for the pins. They will not be for sale until the next wave will be released. So maybe around January they will be available in a mystery pack.

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by messica View Post
    At this time you can only trade for them. This is exhausting work because you have to check each castmembers laynard for the pins. They will not be for sale until the next wave will be released. So maybe around January they will be available in a mystery pack.
    Well, looks like I can't help because I don't do pin trading. A friend of mine does though, but she's also a Duffy fan so she'll be on the lookout for them for herself.

I am going to the park later in the week and have a few friends who might be able to help I will stay on the look out for them for you.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

DuffyD, do you want the Adventureland hat pin from WDW (which does look like a cowboy hat) or did you want the Cowboy hat pin from DLR? The right side of the WDW Adventureland hat's brim touches the top of the hat and looks like the following:
    Name:  Hidden Mickey Duffy Adventureland Pin (Pin 91234).jpg
Views: 183
Size:  12.1 KB

The DLR Cowboy hat's brim does not touch the top of the hat and is as follows:
    Name:  Hidden Mickey Duffy Cowboy Pin (Pin 91264).jpg
Views: 182
Size:  15.3 KB

I'm still trying to find those pins for you. Don't give up hope.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    DuffyD, do you want the Adventureland hat pin from WDW (which does look like a cowboy hat) or did you want the Cowboy hat pin from DLR? I'm still trying to find those pins for you. Don't give up hope.
    ZTRinZler, you're the sweetest! I had actually pretty much given up. It's incredibly kind of you to still remember this. Thank you so much!^^ Ideally, I'd like the DLR Cowboy hat, but if someone offered me the other five with the Adventureland hat from WDW, I'd still be grateful and happy. Thank you for thinking of me, ZTRinZler; it means a lot.

I wouldn't forget about you, DuffyD! I wish this quest weren't taking so long. Oh, if only I lived closer to WDW or DL!

What's really holding me up are 1) newbie restrictions for pin trading forums and websites (I don't understand why I have to wait 10/+ days before I can post a new thread or confirm a pin trader/seller's references and/or eBay shop); 2) those Duffy pins are still really popular (for every 100 people interested in the pins, usually, only 13 traders are selling/trading); 3) the pins aren't available for sale through Disney Parks; and 4) avoiding scrapper and counterfeit pins narrows my shopping choices. I've never been a pin collector/trader, and my inexperience makes me afraid to purchase the pins via eBay because I wouldn't be able to recognize a counterfeit pin unless it suddenly became animate and told me it was a scrapper. So eBay is more of a last resort. I don't want to send you fake pins!*

I've contacted a good number of pin traders, even those who*started selling their collections in late July. So far it's been a no-go, but the despair seems to be lifting, and hope is on the horizon...at least for the WDW pins. Even if I can't get the pins from a trader, yourwdwstore.com has the two (2) WDW pins, but unfortunately they are twice the price at which pin traders are selling them. But if that is my second-to-last option, then I will buy those two (2) WDW pins through them if necessary. The DL pins may take a little more time, but I would really like to be able to send you a package full of pins soon. It's the least I could do in return for my ShellieMay and my super awesome Spring Voyage bracelet.*

Oh, and do you think it would be crazy or rude to ask/remind those Duffeteers able to attend the WDW Duffy Meet-Up in October to keep an eye out, if my luck wanes? I would only ask if things completely fall apart. I spoke with a lovely and very helpful Disney member on the phone, when I called and inquired about the pins and our situation, and she said cast members may still have those pins. Just because those pins are popular online doesn't mean cast members' stocks are empty, since most people who want them may be unable to visit the parks. Furthermore, she advised that someone could buy a pin starter and lanyard set and explain the situation to a cast member. Given the reasons for the trade, cast members may be more inclined to assist us.

Sorry for the longwinded response, but I decided an update was in order. Anyway, the thesis of my update is that the pins are not out of reach. After all, Duffy is the bear of happiness and luck, and when Duffeteers search for anything Duffy-related, luck is literally by our side...in the form of an adorable, little bear.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

ZTRinzler, I'm not sure how I missed this, but THANK YOU for your energy!^^ *hugs*

Also, I'd pics of the finished bracelet! Did I miss that, too??

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Okay you do still need this?

And 3 from DLR:

Sailor, Pirate, Fireman

Or just update what you need. I got to DLR almost every weekend and I don't pin trade anymore (got way to expensive) but I do have some random pins I can trade that are left over.

And unfortunantely I can't get on pinpics at my work computer but a pic of the pins would be great to ensure I'm getting the right ones.

Hello Clara,

Actually, I'm still on the hunt for three (3) of the four (4) pins from Disneyland for DuffyD. I have the fireman pin from DLR (it should arrive next week), and the two (2) pins from DisneyWorld are covered. I just don't have the cowboy, the pirate, or the sailor pins. DisneyLand pins seem to be harder to acquire than the ones from DisneyWorld. But if you could get those three (3) pins, you would greatly assist me in my quest to find DuffyD those pins. Thanks, Clara!

The pins look as follows (courtesy of pinpics):

Hidden Mickey Duffy Sailor Pin (Pin 91261)
    Name:  Hidden Mickey Duffy Sailor Pin (Pin 91261).jpg
Views: 113
Size:  17.6 KB

Hidden Mickey DUffy Cowboy Pin (Pin 91264)
    Name:  Hidden Mickey Duffy Cowboy Pin (Pin 91264).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  15.3 KB

Hidden Mickey Duffy Pirate Pin (91267)
    Name:  Hidden Mickey Duffy Pirate Pin (Pin 91267).jpg
Views: 113
Size:  17.0 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast