Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I also like Stitch!

Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Looking back at all the Halloween Parade stuff yesterday, I was suddenly overwhelmed by how CUTE it all is. And then I realized… That's the thing; it's "cute," not "stylish." But for all the fans of "Cute Duffy," those costumes are really wonderful.

I thought, too, that Duffy's initial fanbase was collectors, not kids. Since My Friend Duffy it has often felt to me like Duffy is being marketed a little more to Japanese kids, and the new Halloween designs are perfect if that's the target. The collector market is still very important to OLC, though, as evidenced by Cannery Clothing Co. But, after Spring Voyage, there are probably a TON of new Duffy fans who are children.

This thought excites me a lot. I imagine the future, twenty or thirty years from now, when these kids start having kids of their own and childhood nostalgia. For generations going forward, Duffy will be an iconic part of youth as a matter of fact. They will not remember Duffy "becoming" popular; they will remember him as a symbolic character that was "everywhere" when they were young. And they will want to share that with their kids.

They will have grown up with Duffy the way we grew up with Mickey. And once that starts happening, no one will question how important this little bear is, or whether or not he's a "real" character. So if costumes like these help them love Duffy, I'm all for the cute! …As long as classic looks and high fashions also still come around.
    Someone give this man a medal

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Please don't send WishLists yet. I'm gonna put up merchandise titles and stuff tomorrow, but I must sleep now.

Plus one more prediction for a Halloween Parade fan: I suspect Esmeralda is also likely to dig these.^^
    Ah DuffyDaisuki, right you are. I adore all costumes, the more creative and more homemade the better! Shellie May is particularly sweet and they are both fantastically adorable in the Halloween Parade setting. So old fashioned and so kawaii all at once!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Ah DuffyDaisuki, right you are. I adore all costumes, the more creative and more homemade the better! Shellie May is particularly sweet and they are both fantastically adorable in the Halloween Parade setting. So old fashioned and so kawaii all at once!

I love when I'm right!

One more to go…

hmm.. is very different from previous releases.

I agree that is more aimed at little kids, sadly I'm wit other members that is not my cup of tea also, I think what is bugging me is the very small hats.

Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools

• Felice Natale!

Talking Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    …I think what is bugging me is the very small hats.
    Something about this sentence just strikes me as seriously cute and makes me smile.

Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools [/QUOTE]

I was right with you, remembering how different it was from my expectation, even thinking, "Yeah, it would be better for spring…" And then you said how these look like costumes for a school play, and now I'm actually debating these as must-haves. You are totally right, and that is absolutely adorable. I know that wasn't your intention, but thanks for the perspective!

It is SO good to see you posting!^^ How is everything? Still fine, and by now does that mean fine forever?

Something about this sentence just strikes me as seriously cute and makes me smile.

Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools

I was right with you, remembering how different it was from my expectation, even thinking, "Yeah, it would be better for spring…" And then you said how these look like costumes for a school play, and now I'm actually debating these as must-haves. You are totally right, and that is absolutely adorable. I know that wasn't your intention, but thanks for the perspective!

It is SO good to see you posting!^^ How is everything? Still fine, and by now does that mean fine forever?
    LOL, that was a fun pun to make about the hats.

Instead of halloween the first thing it came to my mind was the school theater ( good to know they are called plays) what not necessary bad it would have being a better option for spring or even easter, I was hoping something like the cat costume

Maybe this choice of this set aimed more at kids was because of the releases of the more expensive CC costumes, wish are obviously meant for the adult collector?

And thanks, I'm mush better now the treatment worked really well, now I'm just clearing out of the secondary effects (since it was a strong medicine) and gettin back to normal.

Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat. How can I order / purchase Duffy merchandise from Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea? Thanks for your help. Love this site.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat. How can I order / purchase Duffy merchandise from Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea? Thanks for your help. Love this site.
    You can learn about DuffyPost from this thread:

Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

You're too late to join in on the Halloween shopping trip, but there will be another one later this year for the Christmas release.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

• Felice Natale!

Sadly, the cookie release has been delayed indefinitely. I'm really looking forward to caramel Duffy paws!^^

• Adventures with Duffy

That's sad did they say why?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Felice Natale!

No, but it will release eventually. Just gotta wait.^^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123