Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Age of Duffeteers

This started as a reply, but it's just too far off-topic:

As for ages of regular posters here, most of us seem to be 20~40, with a few exceptions on either side. The few real youngsters we had (under or just around 18) don't post very often these days. I never really noticed until now, but the vast majority of us are late 20s, early 30s. I actually think, from a marketing perspective, this is great news for Duffy and Disney.

We're relatively young for an adult teddy bear collecting community, I think, but also our average ages are old enough to prove absolutely that there is an adult collector's market for high-quality Duffy items. We have our own income and it seems that our fandom is more committed at our age. Please, Disney, notice this. That said, the very young (children) Duffy fans are naturally less likely to be MiceChatters, and of course the heart of a Duffy fan is ageless anyway.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Age of Duffeteers

I have a feeling this was because I thought I could be old enough to be some of these posters' mother? I always say that..I sometimes feel older than I really am...when I have bad days.

For me:
    I'm 35, 36 in December yet, if you saw me I look around 40-45. I only say that because I blame it on my prematuring greying hair problem. I have been greying since I was 16 years old and now, in the past few years, I'm pretty much salt and pepper now. I dye it but it becomes 1) expensive and 2) time consuming to have to do it almost every week to two weeks. But as for the years I've been on God's Green Earth...35.
    However, I really am 16 inside, but my physical skin disagrees

I have an 8 year old son which has helped me keep my youth..but at the same time has aged me. Don't ask me to explain that..it just is.

I'm 38 and my 4 year old son and I are Duffy crazy (probably me more than him!)

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ...35…However, I really am 16 inside…
    I hear you. I'm a Lost Boy myself and I never plan on growing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnmom View Post
    I'm 38 and my 4 year old son and I are Duffy crazy (probably me more than him!)
    Don't worry. You'll raise him right; he'll grow to be even more crazy with the Dufflove!

I'm gonna turn 20 in a couple of days and I LOVE Duffy and Im Duffy crazy.

Don't feel bad about feeling you could be their mother, I probably could be their grandmother. I am 59 years young. I have been a teddy bear lover longer then most of you have been around.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

For me:
    I'm 35, 36 in December yet, if you saw me I look around 40-45. I only say that because I blame it on my prematuring greying hair problem. I have been greying since I was 16 years old and now, in the past few years, I'm pretty much salt and pepper now. I dye it but it becomes 1) expensive and 2) time consuming to have to do it almost every week to two weeks.
    For the record: I'm 38 but look like i'm in my mid 20s (people tell me this all the time). I've been getting grey hair since I was 17. Been dying it since I was 18 (haven't seen my natural color in 20 years). I learned to do my own hair coloring at home (I get stuff at the local Sally Beauty Supply) as it's much less expensive. I go to a salon maybe twice a year for an all-over color refresh, but I do all the rest of the root touchups at home every few weeks (my hair grows fast).

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Aimster, I'm with you, but instead of dyeing my hair, I'm losing it!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-01-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Not paying attention.

• Minion

31 here. Funny this question should come up, because just the other day my mom was watching me fuss with putting an outfit on Duffette, and she says to me, "You're never going to grow up, are you?" LOL, nope!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    she says to me, "You're never going to grow up, are you?" LOL, nope!!
    OH that is soooo something my my mother would say...and then a nice little string of put downs would follow...blegh :P
    Last edited by clara; 10-02-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: i can't spell for my life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OH that is soooo something my my mothe would say...and then a nice little string of put downs would follow...blegh :P
    My mom is a Duffy fan (she has 2 - a 17" and a 12"), so she gets it. She's actually taking both her bears up north with her and my dad later this week. They're going to Traverse City and the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan. I told her to be sure to take pics of the bears with the Bridge in the background. Traverse City and Mackinac were places we went pretty much every summer when I was a kid. Had to get mom to promise to bring me back some fudge from my favorite fudge shop in Mackinac.

I remember many trips to Mackinac Island. I loved the fudge there too. On the Island all you smell is the fudge and the horses.

• Minion

OH that is soooo something my my mothe would say...and then a nice little string of put downs would follow...blegh :P
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately for me when my mom said it, it was mostly in jest. She doesn't completely understand it, but doesn't have anything against me or my bears...she actually plays along from time to time (you should have seen her "interact" with Lil D on a ride of PotC...LOL) and she helps me find clothes for them.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Poohkat View Post
    I remember many trips to Mackinac Island. I loved the fudge there too. On the Island all you smell is the fudge and the horses.
    Oh my, I'm not sure those two smells mix well together, LOL!

I want fudge to!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast