Difference between my old and new Duffy? Pictures!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone knew any more "history" behind Duffy. I know he was introduced in 2010, but I didn't know if there was anything BEFORE him.

The main thing I want to know is...the difference between my two bears!

Here is a picture of both of them. My first Disney bear, on the left, is from 2006-2007 (EDIT: now that I look back through pictures and albums I believe this was actually Jan '05 when he was purchased). He was purchased on the Disney Cruise. He's a dark chocolate color and has the same features as Duffy (the Mickey face imprinted on his behind and on his feet). He is a little fatter than Duffy and much more squishy and floppy (possibly because of his years of love), but also seems a little better quality. His fur is a bit longer and he has beans in his bottom and in the top of his arms/legs.

The one on the right is my NEW Duffy bear, which I purchased Oct 11, 2012 from Epcot. He is a little skinnier than my first bear and seems a bit more stuffed (while my other bear's feet will lay down if he's on his back, the new Duffy's feet will stay in the air a few inches).

Anyway...I was wondering if anyone had any information about my OLD bear.

Last edited by jghood; 10-16-2012 at 06:54 AM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Difference between my old and new Duffy? Pictures!

Hi, jghood. You should check the FAQs at the top of this forum. Your dark brown bear is a Disney Bear from before Japan named him Duffy in 2005. Two years ago, US Disney saw that Duffy had become an incredibly profitable superstar, so they decided to relabel the Disney Bear as Duffy and reinvest in a major marketing push. Some, like myself, feel that since Duffy is a character based entirely in merchandise, making the Disney Bear feel like Duffy is significantly more complex than a name change. The history of this character is truly unique and fascinating. Start with the FAQs here and keep reading. Duffy is absolutely worth getting to know well.^^