Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool OMG!! I just got a pre-Duffy

As the title says, I just got a pre-Duffy from a flea shop.

Is the grey sitting one, and I want to make sure if he is the real stuff and not some of the replicas.

He does says WDW in the fabric lavel and the fur and the embroided stuff is very good, the stuffing feels very soft, and his head is rounder and more "fuller" than my WDW Duffy, the nose is rounder too.

I would post pics, but my photobucket went crazy and it appears you can only add pic via movile phone now? and is asking me for a service that is not available in my country can someone help me please?

Anyways he is dirty now, when I have the time I will wash him.

Re: OMG!! I just got a pre-Duffy

Congrats on your new family member! Looking forward to the pics after his bath!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That's great, and one of the prettiest old ones. He has blue eyes like Shellie, right?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    Congrats on your new family member! Looking forward to the pics after his bath!
    Thanks!! I was so exited when I saw him, he is still wet at the moment, so I made flickr accout to add the pic of him but he dirty there , I will post pics when he dries up .

IMG_4695 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_4705 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_4700 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_4703 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    That's great, and one of the prettiest old ones. He has blue eyes like Shellie, right?^^

Thank you for all the info you share to us if it wasn't for this forum I would have never know about the pre-Duffies, so I wouldn't have picked him from the flea shop.

And this means he would most lickely have ended as a dog's toy, because I picked him from a area in the store of the "low end sales" that means is the are were they have the dirtiest toys or generic toys that they doesn't seem to be a know charater (like A Donald Duck, Power puff girl, etc)

He was $1.50 actually, and many times (including myself) people buy this type of very cheap toys to give them to their pets to play.

You see, at the flea store a know character or one that they suspect it is (but the owner is not sure) for an example a Pooh' s friend goes from at least $5 $10 , depending in the size, condition or if it has clothes or something extra like a jar of hunny, a sword, etc.

For an example the Roger Rabbit in my avatar cost me $ 15, because.. well he's Roger Rabbit, is fully clothed in good condition and is 17"

• I love that tiny bear!

OMGoodness I love him! He would be SO fun to dress in black, white, and gray clothes as a very vintage-looking Duffy!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Love it! And he's so FLUFFY! I love the grey ones!

I keep randomly checking the thrift stores around here for stray Duffys or pre-Duffys but no luck so far. I did find a old Paddington Bear in good condition at the thrift store down the street for $1 earlier this year. Hopefully one of these days I can find a Duffy needing a forever home.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Great find, Sapphire-Light!!! You hit the jackpot. Those go for a lot of money on Ebay. At least the colored ones do. He's so lucky to have found a home that knows who he is and will take care of him. Even though he's dirty there, he looks fluffy and nice still. Not like some of the toys I've seen at thrift stores. I knew exactly what you meant when you described where you found him.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    OPSS,I forgot to anwser your question about the eyes, at least my grey Duffy has dark brown eyes.

In a website page I saw about pre-Duffies, they had another vercion of a grey one that is resting over his tummy, maybe that's the one wit blue eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    OMGoodness I love him! He would be SO fun to dress in black, white, and gray clothes as a very vintage-looking Duffy!
    That's a great Idea thank you , I want to use some filter in my camera too to improve the vintage effect even more.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Love it! And he's so FLUFFY! I love the grey ones!

I keep randomly checking the thrift stores around here for stray Duffys or pre-Duffys but no luck so far. I did find a old Paddington Bear in good condition at the thrift store down the street for $1 earlier this year. Hopefully one of these days I can find a Duffy needing a forever home.
    Yes, his fur is longer than the normal Duffy, good luck in finding one, keep your eyes open all times and never loose hope

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Great find, Sapphire-Light!!! You hit the jackpot. Those go for a lot of money on Ebay. At least the colored ones do. He's so lucky to have found a home that knows who he is and will take care of him. Even though he's dirty there, he looks fluffy and nice still. Not like some of the toys I've seen at thrift stores. I knew exactly what you meant when you described where you found him.

Thanks, you are right about the prices, I looked in ebay and he is going at least in $300 range not sure about the avarages rates of the ones that are sold in some Japanese websites, but I ran into one that sells him in 82,000 Yen グレイ ディズニーベア ダッフィー[通販]

• Munchings & Crunchings

I keep hoping I'll stumble on one of the lavender colored ones at a thrift shop. I wish I could go back in time and buy an original one when I used to see them all the time at the parks. I'm never going to spend the money on Ebay for one now. But, I love purple, and I would love that bear to join my Duffy family.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

His color is fantastic!
    I just found a brand new looking Build a Bear, the peace sign one..no rips or stains, at a Goodwill. Paid $4 for it! I was like wow!

• Minion

Congratulations on your find, Sapphire! A rare treasure, indeed. As much as I am known to scour the local Goodwills, I have yet to find another Disney Bear of any kind after having found Lil D last August. But I always keep an eye out!

Hope your little guy finds much happiness in his new forever home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I stopped at the thrift store down the street from me today and no luck. Might hit some thrift stores tomorrow and see what's what.

Thank you everyone! I can't believe how lucky I was to find him , and also happy to give the big guy a second chance

Now that he is clean, I took some comparative pics:

*Here's wit regular Duffy, he has longer fur , is more chubby than normal Duffy and has shorter limbs

IMG_4985 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

*Head comparation, pre-Duffy's has a bigger and rounder head, and a shorter muzzle

Head comparation of Pre-Duffy and regular Duffy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

*Wit Shellie May the difference is even bigger:

Even if you don't notice that Shellie May has eyelashes, when you compare her to pre-Duffy is easy to tell apart she is a girl, she looks very refined and delicate in comparation of the grey guy

Body comparation of Pre-Duffy and regular Shelly May | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

*Pre-Duffy has a very masculine head, Shellie's head even looks even a bit fragile

Head comparation of Pre-Duffy and regular Shellie May | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Using clothes:

* Wit Shellie May's clothes, they are very tight, and the poncho thing doesn't even pass into his head.

Pre-Duffy in regular Shellie May's clothes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

* With Duffy's clothes, he is better, but still the sleeves are tight the rest is looks good.

Actually wit his coloring, he makes this particular outfit's colors pop-up more than regular Duffy, mostly the red in it.

Pre-Duffy in regular Duffy's (Disneysea) clothes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Great photos, thank you!^^ It's interesting to see the evolution of the design.

I am both happy for you and jealous! That's just an awesome find, and I'm so glad you saved him!

Eeee-va, I totally agree! A monochrome look would be awesome, like the pin-striped black and white outfit from B-A-B with a little fedora...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast