Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Duffy's ABCDs (Adventures By Clara & Diznygrl)^^

We all take photos, but two of our members put in a significant effort to craft narratives and compositions that really take it to the next level and add the Duffluv to our days.

Duffeteers, please repost your favorite of their photo stories here, with comments. And to our two honored auteurs, we've made this space just for you guys fill it up!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Duffy's ABCDs (Adventures By Clara & Diznygrl)^^

HAHA Yay! Thanks a bunch! I was just being silly and had gotten that big spider just that same day for Halloween decorations. The mini light saber I've had for years. I have a Darth Vader red one to :P That green one is Yoda.

I will try to think up more scenarios. To funny!

Super Great idea! It's so much fun to read these antics & adventures!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Ok, I'm not sure this is my "favorite," because I all Duffy stories, but this one is especially special to me because it's the first time in my life I ever felt "chair envy!"

It has Diznygrl's signature sense of humor...and those chairs are SO Cape Cod!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Hey, check it out! We got our very own beach chairs!

Now all we need is a beach to use them on.

Meh, not exactly paradise....

Hmm, but Lil D has an idea.

Ah, nothing like a relaxing day at the beach!

Duffy's Turn to save the evening..

On a cool and rainy Saturday Night, Duffy was enjoying T.V. time with his new friends Sparky and Strawberry Shortcake. After Sparky's performance against the Killer Spider he donned his Jedi Knight outfit and Lightsaber.
    Its a good thing to because they will soon come in handy.....

Attachment 24428

Because little did they know Snickers the Sneaky Cat was creeping up on them...No one is safe around Snickers the Sneaky Cat

Attachment 24429

Duffy knew exactly what to do...he jumped down and attacked that Snickers the Sneaky Cat.

"Surrender Snickers!"
    Attachment 24430

Attachment 24431

Snickers finally gave up and walked away.
    Attachment 24432

Whew, that wiped out Duffy the Jedi Knight...

Attachment 24433

But buck up Duffy....Snickers the Sneaky Cat's minion, the Perilous Pumpkin has been sent out

Dun...dun...

Attachment 24434

DUN!!

Attachment 24435

Duffy has it under control!

Attachment 24437
    Attachment 24436

And wins the day!

But beware Jedi Duffy and friends...Snickers the Sneaky Cat...will avenge his Minions demise....

Attachment 24438

Muwahahaha!

• Minion

Re: Duffy's Turn to save the evening..

My dear DuffyD, you flatter me with this thread! My only wish is that I bring a little laughter or a smile to people's day with the adventures of Lil D and Duffette. Thank you for honoring my efforts.

I've been having kind of a creative lull lately, but hopefully I can receive a spark of inspiration soon and have something new to post on this thread.

And Clara, I love your Duffy adventures too! So cute. I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll be seeing of Snickers the Sneaky Cat! I have my own gaggle of kitties but Lil D and Duffette tend to stay out of their way.

• Munchings & Crunchings

LOL, I love Snickers! that first picture with him looking, well...sneaky, is cute. And funny that you can't even see his feet. He's slinking toward Duffy...beware!

---------- Post added 10-21-2012 at 09:50 AM ----------

Oh, and Duffy better watch out for Strawberry Shortcake. She might be the one who gave away their location to Snickers...after all, she smells like strawberries...

• Minion

So I don't have any new stories, but I thought this thread would be a good place to share some previously unseen first pictures I ever took of Lil D. I took them the day I brought him home, and gave him a bath!

Wait, WHAT?!? You can't show those!!

Oh come now, Lil D. They aren't so bad. Besides, I already said I would, and you wouldn't want to disappoint your fans, would you? So step aside, please.

Here he is, waiting patiently while I prepare the water.

Scrub-a-dub-dub!

And here he is looking very soggy and unhappy as I attempt (and fail) to dry him off gently with a blowdryer. Yeah, that didn't work too well and he ended up going for a nice little ride in the clothes dryer (No pics of that, unfortunately). He came out unscathed and fresh as a daisy!

Sigh, how embarrassing...

Hey Diznygrl! That's so sweet! Your stories and pictures always make me smile! Thanks!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I "Perilous Pumpkin!" He's only got one week left; gimme more!^^

And Lil D: the Origin — I laughed and cried and still want more!

Seriously, Diznygrl, I love how your compositions are both snapshots and well thought out, balanced.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I still think this one is my favorite. It's just perfect. It just has life to it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ I love that one the best too!

I hope to have another round of Snickers the Sneaky Cat and Duffy adventures. But if anything, I'll have some pictures. I hope to take Duffy with me to the Halloween event tomorrow night but might run out of hands to carry him. So we shall see.

• Minion

Thanks, guys. Yeah, the chess one is my favorite of all the pics I've taken too, which is why I use it in my signature. It was also probably the shot that took me the longest to set up!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

It's great and because of the "just right" textures, composition and lighting, it totally looks like a shot out of a Toy Story movie. In fact, I think part of the joy for me is that feeling that I only know it isn't because I know it isn't. It's that good. My favorite thing about your stories, though, is a consistent sense of character and a signature sense of humor...not that both are not strongly present in this piece, too, of course. It's just more subtle in a single shot. I'm glad Gurgi reposted it. There are more, though... A (rainy?) reading day? And a board game day? Or maybe those are the same day, actually......but there's at least one other one after that...Maybe I'm thinking of Duffette's debut??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast