Thread: Questions

Questions

Hello,

I am not new to the board but I do not post that much. I did post earlier in the correct thread about trying to joint the next Duffy shopping day but here are my questions:

- Is the small Shellie May the same size as the standard Duffy they sell here at DCA/DL? (17", I think?) I got confused with the S, M & L sizes.

- Also, is there a way to navigate the Duffy mechandise site in English? I tried to click on English at the top but it sent me to another page.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance.

Paula

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by paula6989 View Post
    - Is the small Shellie May the same size as the standard Duffy they sell here at DCA/DL? (17", I think?) I got confused with the S, M & L sizes.

- Also, is there a way to navigate the Duffy mechandise site in English? I tried to click on English at the top but it sent me to another page.
    The small size (S) Shellie May is indeed the same size as the 17" Duffy sold in the States.

And there really isn't a way to navigate the Duffy site in English. If you have the Google Chrome browser, it will normally translate pages in foreign languages (not 100% accurate but you get the idea of what's going on), but the Duffy section of the TDS page seems to be mainly flash/images and is not readable by the Chrome brower's integrated translate feature. Your best bet is to just click around and then bookmark the pages you find with the info you want.

Thank you so much for your help and time!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I usually do translations as soon as the site is updated with new merchandise. It's a good idea to not just order stuff, but stick around and hang out. Much easier to catch the updates and bookmark in MiceChat that way. Plus, Duffeteers are awesome people!^^

I've sent you a PM to previous posts:

You can find translations and prices for all Regular Series merchandise here (Halloween is no longer available):
    New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Christmas is here:
    "Cape Cod Carolers" Duffy's Tokyo Christmas 2012

There are also these gorgeous blankets and the super-premium Cannery Clothing Co. releases:
    New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Tokyo merchandise is truly of a different order, with the design team showing far greater passion for the character and the production values embodying incomparable commitment to craftsmanship. Though many things average out to the same price as the US, costumes tend to be about double the price. Yet they also include many more pieces, all of impressive complexity and detail, and the investment in design and quality are so different that "twice as good" really doesn't begin to do justice to the disparity. This gap is the reason for the Post, and once you get an up-close look at Tokyo Duffy's Cape Cod standards, you'll know exactly how he became such a big star.^^

Thank you DuffyDaisuki! I also got your PM, I working on it now.