Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joining the Duffy Family!

Hi friends!
    I am a regular on the DISboards but stumbled across your Duffy board on Micechat and just had to join!

Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Shellie May. I am *thrilled*! I have been wanting her for a long time and just decided to do it. I bought her on eBay but I wish I had known about the Duffy Post here.

Just wanted to say hi! My name is Faith and I'm getting married at Disney World on December 22nd. My fiance and I are huge Disney fans and I am excited to chat with all of you!

Have a great day!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Joining the Duffy Family!

Welcome! You'll enjoy it here and so will Shellie Mae

Ok so is Shellie Mae only available on the east coast? If I wanted a Shellie Mae I would have to order her off the internet right?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Welcome! You'll enjoy it here and so will Shellie Mae

Ok so is Shellie Mae only available on the east coast? If I wanted a Shellie Mae I would have to order her off the internet right?
    Shellie MAY (not Mae) is only available at Tokyo DisneySea. If you want a Shellie May, your best bet would to get in on the DuffyPost service that DuffyDaisuki offers. You'd be guaranteed an authentic Shellie May hand picked just for you with love and care. There are Shellie Mays on ebay, but some go for a TON of money and there's also the risk of it being counterfeit (yes there are fake Duffys and Shellie Mays floating around out there).

Hey there welcome over to the bestest place for all Duffy and Shellie May lovers!

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding Where are you having the ceremony? I hope you and Shellie May have a fabulous day!

Photos from Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Becx View Post
    Hey there welcome over to the bestest place for all Duffy and Shellie May lovers!

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding Where are you having the ceremony? I hope you and Shellie May have a fabulous day!
    Our ceremony is at the Swan and we're having our reception at the Garden Grove (so excited for Goofy and Pluto to surprise our wedding guests!).

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wow! That is so cool you are having characters! We had our ceremony at the Wilderness Lodge but could afford any characters. The Swan is really beautiful, is the ceremony outside or inside?
    Make sure you share some pictures with us

Photos from Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Becx View Post
    Wow! That is so cool you are having characters! We had our ceremony at the Wilderness Lodge but could afford any characters. The Swan is really beautiful, is the ceremony outside or inside?
    Make sure you share some pictures with us
    We are kinda cheating because we picked a reception venue that doubled as a character dinner! Granted, we aren't having a traditional, private reception-- just dinner, then going to Atlantic Dance Hall to continue the party. But hey, it works for us!

Wilderness Lodge is SO gorgeous! Did you have an Escape wedding? Very cool!

We are outside... can't wait to see everything decorated for Christmas!

Also: here is a link to the Shellie I bought-- now I'm worried about if she's a fake or not.. Shellie May Bear Disney Sea Tokyo Shelliemay Duffy Full Size Plush | eBay

Post some photos of your own here for us to see when you receive Shellie May and we should hopefully be able to tell you if she's real or a counterfeit. It's hard to tell from the photos int he auction listing because they're weird angles that don't make her look right.

• Adventures with Duffy

Welcome to the group. Your wedding sounds like fun. We got married at the wedding pavillion with a reception at Living Seas. It was an amazing day. It goes by so fast so try and take in each moment.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Welcome, Faith (aka Shellie Mae)!! And congratulations on your quickly approaching big day!! Oo, it's going to be so magical! You'll have to post pictures for us. I've always pondered one of the Disney resorts as a potential wedding location.

I studied the ebay auction from which you purchased your ShellieMay. As Aimster stated, the angles at which the photos were taken make it difficult to confirm your bear's authenticity; however, certain details in the photos make me doubt, or at the least question, her authenticity. The second photo is a close-up of ShellieMay's face and tags. The QR code, with Duffy's face, is significantly larger than the QR code on my ShellieMay's tags. This code seems to be approximately one-ninth the size of the little booklet, whereas my QR code is approximately one-sixteenth the size of ShellieMay's booklet. Also, the Disney copyright logo is situated underneath "Tokyo DisneySea" on my booklet, while it's adjacent to "Tokyo DisneySea" in the photo.

Furthermore, the warning tag (it has the yellow bar on top) only shows eight (8) bullet points. My warning tag has nine (9), and its second and third bullet points are isolated from all the others. Only the first bullet point is separated in the pictured warning tag. Additionally, there should be a line of information between the large, outlined rectangle, with the bullet points, and the small, outlined rectangle with the two (2) symbols inside it. Lastly, the information next to the small, outlined rectangle, with the two (2) characters, should be situated on one (1) line, not two (2) as they are pictured in the photo.

Can any fellow ShellieMay owners confirm my findings? I agree with Aimster. You should send pictures (frontal, side, etc.) of your ShellieMay once she arrives so we can conclusively determine her authenticity. I hope the subtle differences are just variations, in the tags, between ShellieMay "batches" (please forgive), and I hope that your ShellieMay is the real deal.

Thanks all! I will be sure to post pictures when she arrives. I'm hoping she is "legit".. if not, I wonder if there is any eBay action I could take? Guess we'll cross that bridge if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMae View Post
    Thanks all! I will be sure to post pictures when she arrives. I'm hoping she is "legit".. if not, I wonder if there is any eBay action I could take? Guess we'll cross that bridge if necessary.
    If she ends up being a counterfeit, I would contact ebay with the auction/seller's info and inform them the seller is passing off counterfeit goods as authentic. They should hopefully investigate and issue you a refund.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If she ends up being a counterfeit, I would contact ebay with the auction/seller's info and inform them the seller is passing off counterfeit goods as authentic. They should hopefully investigate and issue you a refund.
    Yes! Please don't let them get away with it! I'm concerned that the seller says "in the packaging" because the bears are not packaged. It is possible, though, that she means "with tags."

In any case, the Duffy Post would have been cheaper. Even at the highest 30% rate with the highest 1500 fee, it comes out to 6440, which today is $80.83. Of course, if you also got 10,000 in Christmas items, you'd save 5% on the gratuity and 500 on fees, and that would be for all your items, creating significant savings. Also, I'd have picked a cuter one, judging from these admittedly low quality photos. But if you love her, that's the most important thing.^^

Still, for the price, if she's a fake, fight for a refund.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The tag made me question too. It looks a little fuzzy. But, that could be because of the quality of the picture, and the angle taken. But, the QR code, and the fuzziness make me wonder. Also, her snout looks less "dainty" than the typical ShellieMay, but then, that could be because of the angle too.

I checked the tags I have, and mine look different from the one in the auction. The QR code is smaller on mine, and "Disney" is under the Tokyo DisneySea. Also, "The Bear of Happiness and Luck" is less squished together on mine. It looks like on the auction tag, everything was shifted to get a bigger QR code on the back. Also, I do have two types of warning labels. One with 8 bullet points, and one with 10. I believe the 8 point ones are the older ones, at least that's the one that came on my original Duffy from 2009. I think the newer ones have the 10 point list. So, it seems this Shellie has an older warning label with a modified storybook tag.
    Last edited by gurgi; 10-28-2012 at 11:27 AM.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I agree with you, gurgi, about her nose seeming off. Her legs seemed a bit weird as well, but I'm hoping it's just the camera angle. Maybe she is an older ShellieMay, so there's still hope. If she turns out to be a counterfeit ShellieMay, you should definitely fight for a refund. The auction is covered by eBay Buyer Protection, and said protection program is designed to assist in discrepancies between goods' descriptions and their actual conditions or states. If she is not authentic, then you have a case where goods were not as described because the bear was not, as the seller stated, a "real ShellieMay bear from the Tokyo DisneySea Resorts."*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast