Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tokyo Disney is life!

New Paris Duffy Merchandise

Couple of newly released plushies. One is based on the 20th Anniversary and the other one is for the new year.

Re: New Paris Duffy Merchandise

Thanks, Danimated. The collar and material are nice on the 2013 one, but that graphic does nothing for me and the shorts(?) just seem weird. Why shorts? Why stripes? Why those colors? Why satin? That shirt looks like it goes with khakis or jeans.

The magical one leaves a much better impression with me. I wish the details were stitched, but that purple is just rich and gorgeous, and the gold is also a bit antiqued — nice. If they made that costume for 17", I might actually try to buy it.^^

• Adventures with Duffy

Cute. I agree with DuffyD and question why? I am happy to see they are trying to make an effort with something cuter. I just wonder why nothing for the 17" bears? People must have a lot of room in their homes if they buy all the different clothed Duffys. It must be what sells other wise the do the costumes for the 17" like Tokyo does

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

At least he does have pants.^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

If I didn't already have the two beautiful TDS 10th anniversary "Be Magical!" costumes for Duffy, I would really like the purple wizard Duffy here. I realize that DLP used the basic concept from TDS's 10th for all the costumes, and they work for me. I love purple too. I think it's cute. I agree that I wish the moon & stars were embroidered on, but it still looks decent.

The new year one is cute, but I sure agree about the shorts. The top is cute & casual, even if it has the "Disney Parks" 2013 logo on it. I like the collar and "buttons". It's a welcome look for Duffy. The shorts...yeah, they're like pajama bottoms.

However, I'm very happy to see new, unique Duffy merchandise for Paris! I sure wish there were more 17" costumes, or at least versions of the same costumes as these pre-dressed smaller bears.

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, that is true he does have pants. Which is a step in the right direction as it gives him more then one peice to his costume. Im glad to see DLP is embracing Duffy and trying to make him of good quality and design. They are doing a way better job them WDW/DLR.

D
    uffeteer

It doesn't look like Paris actually has a "Duffy team," but they do seem to care in a different way about the product. Perhaps it is only the Japanese team who look like they are birthing a character through merchandising because he really is their character; they invented the process. The others are just making products, to varying degrees of quality and success; Tokyo Duffy merchandise is always part of telling a story.

• I love that tiny bear!

Someone on another messageboard said the 2013 theme for Disneyland (and the way they do the same things in the parks, I'd assume Disney World :P ) will be Sorcerer Mickey. They were probably just talking about ornaments, but part of me wonders if the characters in sorcerer outfits is something they might think about doing. (Though the idea behind the design sure seems filtered down from Tokyo Disney Sea, so it's probably not destined for the states.) That's a 9" bear, right? I like him, even though I'm not big on the sorcerer theme.

The 2013 Duffy--that's a 12" bear? It's quite a step up in detail from the US 2011 and 2012 ones. The shorts would look a bit nicer if they weren't folded up on one side, though it's still an, erm, unusual design choice. It IS a good sign to see clothes below the waist on a pre-dressed Duffy, anyway. Also nice to see a 2013 design that isn't a hoodie!

It looks like the 2013 Duffy bear is going to be available here in the US. Someone at CA DL had it up for auction.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Someone on another messageboard said the 2013 theme for Disneyland (and the way they do the same things in the parks, I'd assume Disney World :P ) will be Sorcerer Mickey. They were probably just talking about ornaments, but part of me wonders if the characters in sorcerer outfits is something they might think about doing.
    At WDW today, I saw some of the 2013 merchandise and it included Mickey and Minnie plushes dressed like sorcerers. Didn't take any photos, but it did kind of remind me of "Be Magical!" from TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    At WDW today, I saw some of the 2013 merchandise and it included Mickey and Minnie plushes dressed like sorcerers. Didn't take any photos, but it did kind of remind me of "Be Magical!" from TDS.
    I wanna see! Although the LAST thing I want is to see cheap imitations of Tokyo concepts, like the Halloween pumpkin.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I've seen them, and they don't really look that similar to the TDS 10th anniversary designs. Well, maybe a teeny bit, but they are more like variations on Mickey's classic Sorcerer's Apprentice costume.

Here's Mickey:

And, here's Minnie:

VERY cute!
    For the love of Disney....

Minnie's reminds me kind of a lot of ShellieMay's "Be Magical!" robes, but Mickey's really looks like classic Mickey. Those are both good, only I don't really like clothes to be dated. I don't like it when they put the event on the bottom of Duffy's shoes, either, but I imagine I'm probably in the minority on that one.

• Adventures with Duffy

Those are cute!

D
    uffeteer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast