Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

IKR!! Where is that site update?? I'm like the fox at three-thirty!^^

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

UPDATE! I suspected it, but I wasn't sure about the kanji:

SV13 Rain/Shine Umbrella ¥4200 (includes UV-blocking protection and a carrying case)

It's not just a parasol; it's a dual-purpose umbrella!^^

Great news because i put the parasol on my wishlist , thank you for letting us know <3 <3

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Yeah. Girls are lucky. I'm a soft-hearted guy, but I don't think even I could get away with that! No fair! LUCKY!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY WISH LISTS UNTIL AFTER THE OFFICIAL SITE IS UPDATED, PLEASE!...or 3/8, if that happens to come first.

I'm not yelling; I just wanna be sure everybody sees it.

I'm moving the D-day to 3/8. You'll read why below.

TDR has never yet done a merchandise release in which all available items were announced in magazines prior to the update of the official site before the start of the event. There should almost definitely be surprises still coming.

One thing I know for sure is coming that we have not yet seen is the Popcorn Bucket which comes with a bear-scale Popcorn Bucket. These were ¥2000 last year, the same as regular bucket prices, so we effectively actually got the mini-bucket for FREE. I would not be surprised (though a bit disappointed) if the price is higher this year. I want that update!

Last year's event started on 4/7, with a preview site up on 2/9, an update on 3/8 (one week before White Day officially concludes Sweet Duffy), and the full site open with all merchandise, menu items and event details from 3/15.

I am starting to think that we may not get "the full Duffy" until after 3/14, when Sweet Duffy has officially finished. I am not sure how to remedy this if it happens (and I really think this is the situation), other than have people go ahead with the first transfer on 3/8, and then be willing to make an additional transfer for any additional items announced after that date. As long as I have the first wave of transfers in time to get money to my bank, I should still be able to buy the few added items after 3/15 with gratuity money until the second transfer comes through. I'm just secretly holding out hope that they will give us an official update very soon, since the event starts earlier this year.

This is last year's bucket:

The new bucket will probably be very similar, but with the new concept art (of course) and a different base color. The designs this year lead me to suspect a sunny yellow, but of course I don't know. I would appreciate it if folks who even think they want the Popcorn Bucket add it to your Lists as "SV13 Popcorn Bucket ¥2000." If it turns out to be more expensive, we'll just add to shipping. If you hate the design once you see it, we'll just deduct ¥2000 from shipping. This item is definitely being produced; it was in the press release.

Looking at last year's merchandise list (a shame I didn't have/make time to download and link all those photos...REALLY heartbroken about that at the moment...anywhoo...), I have some guesses about what else we might see:

• Travel Pals? Maybe this time Shellie will be in her duffel???
    • Shellie Scope to match the Duffy one from last year?
    • Souvenir Medal Collection Book? Souvenir Medals?
    • Some kind of resin figures?
    • Some kind of hair accessories?
    • Fancier straps?
    • Typical vertical sticker set?
    • Souvenir cup and plate (ceramic)?
    • Jewelry?
    • Moderately expensive, extremely limited keepsake (like the Charm Watch)?
    • Placemat?
    • Some kind of mirror?
    • More food accessories?
    • More stationery items?
    • MINI-TOWELS...Yeah...where are these???
    • ¥800 multi-color pen?
    • More snacks?
    • The ¥850 GIANT Shopping Bag that absolutely everyone should get because it is soooo useful and last year's design was amazing. There will not be a preview of this, so I won't know what it's like til I get there. If you want one, you'll have to buy it on faith.^^
    • iPhone Case? (almost definitely just for iPhone 5 if they offer it)
    • Chocolate Crunch (TDR's number one snack with good reason - YUM! - in SV tin, probably ¥1400)

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

How awesome is this??

Gurgi suspected that the new SV13 Tote Shellie ¥3200 (24x32x12cm) looked to have the same dimensions as last year's SV12 Tote Duffy ¥2900 (24x31x15cm). Turns out to be true! This year's is just a centimeter taller and a few centimeters more narrow. I'm guessing the ¥300 price difference is due less to inflation and more to the fact that it seems to use a straw-like texture.

I just thought this might be great news to folks (like me) who were thinking that the new big blue tote kinda made the smaller one from last year feel obsolete. Looking at it now, I'm really happy I got last year's because these two will display great together! I doubt the size difference will be very noticeable at all in a display, and not only will they compliment each other; they'll also serve to represent the 2-year (so far?) span of Spring Voyage. I actually totally this now, and I'm wondering if that's the whole design intention. I s'pose we'll never really know.

Anywhoo...this made me feel MUCH better about getting Shellie's 2013 Tote to match last year's Duffy version. And I still want the new big one for real, practical use. It's win-win-win! Thanks, Gurgi!

For folks who didn't get last year's, this year's staggered design is also nice, as the bigger blue tote will contrast well with the smaller light one.

And for folks who got Shellie's vanity bag last year, I think the new tote might have an equally appealing staggered relationship to that one, since it's roughly the same size as the blue one from last year, which was designed to have that dynamic...

This means, we have lots of options for SV luggage-themed displays:

• Equal-sized 2012 Duffy and 2013 Shellie Totes
    • Staggered 2013 Duffy and 2013 Shellie Totes
    • Staggered Shellie-centric 2013 Shellie Tote and 2012 Shellie Vanity
    • Staggered Duffy-centric 2013 Duffy Tote and 2012 Duffy Tote
    • Staggered 2012 Duffy Tote and Shellie Vanity, too, of course!^^
    • Multi-level displays using all four, with three levels: 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small

I'm really excited about this discovery!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Am I right in understanding that the MEMO trunk is tiny? It looks big in the pictures, but the dimensions make it ~3" x 4" x 1.5"

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That looks right to me, ILG. It should be around the size of a 1.5" stack of 3x5 notecards, with a bit of length cut off. It's about 1"x1.75" smaller area and >.5" thicker compared with the Sticker Trunk. I hope it doesn't look too small with the 17" plush; the Memo Trunk's design is more compelling to me as an actual trunk than the Sticker Trunk. The best one, though, is the compact Camera Trunk, but I'm afraid it'll be too big. I'll call for measurements if the update still doesn't come tomorrow.^^

• Lemony Goodness

I have a few questions:

1.) I saw the "Duffy Scope" last year and I was wondering if they are binoculars...? I wouldn't have any use for it, but it's been picking my brain!

2.) Are they offering the "17 in Duffy size" duffle this year? I know about the small badge-sized one (which is super cute!)

3.) I swear I've read this somewhere here, but I couldn't find it! For those who purchased the small smiling Duffy's last year, are the clothes removable or do you have to cut them off and sew it back?

Also, very excited to see possible jewelry and hair accessories!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Hey, LilTeacup! The scope is just a monocular with the one lens. I'm not sure how powerful the magnification is, but I can't imagine it's too much. Probably like opera glasses...except just the one lens.

They aren't offering a 17" duffel this year. The only option is that small badge-sized one. You can use the other square totes to carry Duffy or ShellieMay in, but I guess they are making the duffel design into other things, like the rice-cracker box, camera case, and other things.

The smiling bears' clothes can be clipped off. They are sewn onto the bears at several key spots, but the threads can be snipped pretty easily. The harder parts will be the hat or bow, but those can be removed with not too much effort as well. Be lucky they aren't like the Candlelight Reflections smiling Duffy from 2009, he had a hat, shirt, pants, & shoes to clip off! I still was able to do that relatively easily though, so the smiling bears should be much easier than he was.

• Lemony Goodness

Thanks for the helpful (and quick!) response, Gurgi!

I did notice that they incorporated the duffel design into quite a few of the items this year, and maybe it's a good thing they aren't including the regular-sized one to save me money!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I was browsing Ebay and found somebody selling the new SV13 costumes. The thing is, their pictures look like the ones from the official site. These aren't from any of the magazines. They have detail. I immediately checked the official site to see if it maybe got updated, but no. Anyway, these pictures show the close-up details on the costumes.

Duffy's:

We can see the stitching on his shorts, it's yellow/gold to match the yellow details. Not much else about his that is a revelation. The hat looks the same as last year's, and the embroidered D on the sweater does too. But, we get a better look at it.

ShellieMay's:

Now hers we get more details! The pink shells on her shoulders are back. I think some were worried they weren't on this version, but they're there. Also, the flowers have beads as the stamens, so they "pop out". We can also see the flower print on her blouse much better.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

First off, I'll admit that the yellow has grown on me!

Secondly, this is very strange. Could you post a link to this auction, please? I did Google image searches for both of these, hoping to find another press release or something, and came up with nada. It begs the question, how in the world did this eBay seller get access to these images??

And oh! I don't have to take out the yellow! I just need a chocolate brown button-down shirt to wear under the sweater!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks! That's more expensive than the Post, even if you only ordered the one item! I really thought Duffy Post was starting to drive eBay prices down, but maybe not.

The Post is always probly gonna be significantly cheaper for WLers who get a lot, but sometimes works out near even with eBay for people who only get one thing. ...Though I like to think the Duffy Post experience, supporting the source of so much Cape Cod Duffy information in English, and my superior selective tastes give it the edge anyway.

I still wanna know how this person got these images. All the items aren't even Disney. Who is this and who does s/he know!?!?

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast