Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Duffy Post wins, paws down. Items are selected with love. The ebay experience doesn't get you that, or even cool picture experiences of the smiling Duffy during his TDS adventures.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TDS Duffy View Post
    ...cool picture experiences of the smiling Duffy during his TDS adventures.
    I can't believe I haven't made time for bear photos of Sweet Duffy yet... It's winding down, too, and it's my favorite ever... It's just been so busy, and I'm so very lazy by nature...

I've ordered from that ebay seller before. Shipping is lightning fast. I've always presumed its a CM or something because of how fast they ship, within days of the release. I've always been very pleased with my orders. But now that I've discovered DuffyD, I'll be ordering from this post.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I saw that that eBay seller is selling 38" (96 cm) ShellieMay for $1,000. I just looked on the TDS website, and the Large Shellie is $542 and change.

Duffy Post is the way to go for (at least!) three reasons:
    1. you know the items are authentic (not to mention chosen with a keen eye and love)
    2. you pay a fair price
    3. you get to interact with DuffyD...by far the best feature

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I am still trying to figure out the meals at Miracosta, any insights?

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Unless my math is way off, that ebay seller (from whom I've purchased before, as I said earlier) is selling the SV13 Duffy Costume for $78. At 3900 yen, with the current conversion rate at 21.53 yen to $1, that means 3900 x .02153 is $83.97, so his price seems fair.

So, folks, is my math off?

Having said all that, we can get a whole lot more items thru our DuffyD, for which I am really grateful!

TNutter,
    per Google money conversion, 3,900 yen equals $42.33.
    Of course, there is $12.70 in gratuity (making it $55.03) and then shipping (and some portion of the service fee). So, all in all, it is likely to be ~$60.
    Still a lot better than $78.

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Unless my math is way off, that ebay seller (from whom I've purchased before, as I said earlier) is selling the SV13 Duffy Costume for $78. At 3900 yen, with the current conversion rate at 21.53 yen to $1, that means 3900 x .02153 is $83.97, so his price seems fair.

Having said all that, we can get a whole lot more items thru our DuffyD, for which I am really grateful!
    3,900 yen is $42.33.

*beat me to it Ilovegreataur*

• Munchings & Crunchings

Count me as another vote for Duffy Post. Ebay might be quick, and relatively easy, but it's just not the same. You won't get the special, thoughtful selection of your items. And, it's kind of fun to be in one big group, and we're all anticipating our stuff at the same time. It gives it a much nicer energy as opposed to just picking it off ebay.

Off topic here, but I have a baseball outfit for The Duffster. I remember seeing a post with a picture of him in Paris with a similar baseball outfit on.
    The tag inside the shirt says Disneyland Paris. I got it from eBay.
    The concern with eBay is that you may get counterfeits.

Seeing how much DD gushes and beams over Duffy and ShellieMay, I know that all my Duffy/ShellieMay items will be picked lovingly by a fan, for a fan. I like to imagine he is the kind of fan who would painstakingly go through every Duffy plushie in store to find the perfect one to create a bond and memories with.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Rococo View Post
    Seeing how much DD gushes and beams over Duffy and ShellieMay, I know that all my Duffy/ShellieMay items will be picked lovingly by a fan, for a fan. I like to imagine he is the kind of fan who would painstakingly go through every Duffy plushie in store to find the perfect one to create a bond and memories with.
    You would not be wrong about that!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Off topic here, but I have a baseball outfit for The Duffster. I remember seeing a post with a picture of him in Paris with a similar baseball outfit on.
    The tag inside the shirt says Disneyland Paris. I got it from eBay.
    The concern with eBay is that you may get counterfeits.
    Can you post a photo of it?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Can you post a photo of it?

Name:  Baseball Duffy3.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  57.0 KBName:  Baseball back.JPG
Size:  46.6 KBName:  baseball tag.JPG
Size:  28.1 KB
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 02-26-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: figured out how to make the photos smaller...at the cost of removing puppets Duffy and Shellie May from the photos. They are sad now.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post

I don't do it that way, cos it's hard to see. I did:

3900 + 30% (1170) + 1500 = 6570

6570 x exchange rate (.01)* = $65.70
    *FINALLY!! Convenient shorthand math has returned!

I think your conversion rate was off, TNutter, but I think my math was wrong, too.^^ I remembered getting 5000-something yesterday. I think I forgot to add the service fee. So, Duffy Post is still a bit cheaper, but that seller's price is fair, I guess. Although to be fair to the Post, that seller isn't actively engaged in daily translation, clarification and information gathering; which is really the heart of Duffy Post. The Post is as much a means of giving us shared experiences of anticipation and excitement to chat about as it is a way of bringing Cape Cod Duffy to every corner of the world. I'm relieved to think that eBay prices are perhaps more reasonable than they used to be, at least for currently available merchandise. I really thought that had happened.

My goal was never ever to attack the seller or something. I was just surprised that it was about $20 more than Duffy Post, because I check eBay sometimes, and it seems that recently if someone only wants one item, it is often possible to find a seller who is competitive with the Post and occasionally an even cheaper cost on some particular item. When buying multiple items especially, though, there is really no comparison.

Besides my commitment to selection of individual pieces of merchandise (Rococo, you don't know how right you are!), there's all the translating and phone calling and fact checking I do to make sure that everyone is as excited about the event as I am. I want us all to enjoy the "little fox" anticipation that grips Japanese fans leading up to a major release. Some items simply never even make it to eBay; I want WishListers to have as much of the Cape Cod Duffy experience as possible.

That experience is what it's all about for me, and I am deeply moved and very grateful for some of the unbelievably kind things some of you guys have said. It's nice to feel all that work is appreciated, especially as I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers here who just gather the information and buy off eBay or somewhere else. It's not so much that they're taking advantage of the time (and a little money) I spend gathering and sharing information. I don't love it, but that's okay. It's that some people never even say "thank you." That drives me CRAZY. So, thank you, guys — for noticing. Even I don't have enough words to express how much I appreciate you guys, too.

PS: I think that baseball outfit is available worldwide, except Japan. I want the "Heartful Dodger" park version from Paris, but I don't think they make it.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast