Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Ok I have a BIG problem...

I only really want the SV Travel Set and that's not enough to make the minimum ¥3000. I can't afford anything else (money is very tight right now, but I really don't want to miss Spring Voyage AGAIN... I haven't done a shopping trip since last year's Sweet Duffy).

I did see something else I liked to make the minimum, but after the gratuity and service fees, it's out of my budget.

If no one is willing to let me in on their wishlist so I can just get the one thing I really want, I'm going to have to pull out of this and risk being banned forever from future shopping trips.
    Last edited by aimster; 02-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I have been traveling all day & just saw the update! Yay! I am in love with those luggage tags. DuffyD, will there be a separate service charge for ordering those? I can imagine they're a bit more labor intensive to gather for all of us!

Aimster, I'll add your SV13 Travel Set to my Wish List.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll PM you, TNutter. Thank you!

• Felice Natale!

Post Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Actually, TNutter, please don't do that. Another WishLister has contacted me privately and I've set up clearer rules for merged Lists. I'll try to post this later today, and I'll get in touch with that other person.^^

It's basically this:

WishListers may combine Lists as long as none of their individual Lists come to ¥3000 and the total for the combined List is ¥3000 or more, and there should be a maximum of three people per List.

The service fee for each of these WishListers is reduced to ¥500, and the Gratuity is the same rate as the Shopping Trip, whatever it happens to be. I will still ship to each WLer individually and each WLer will still submit her/his own Wish List and make his/her own PayPal transfers for both Wish Lists and shipping.

I am not sending anyone's items to someone else. That could turn ugly and complicated very quickly. Of course, I can't stop you from PMing each other and circumventing this rule, but I'm kinda hoping Duffy's core energy inspires honesty and the 10+ hours I spent uploading stuff here yesterday earns me the right to make some decisions about how the Post is run.

I did initially imagine people combining Lists; I even wrote about it in the Guidelines. But no one has ever done it, so I've never really thought about the details. When I was asked about this on Monday, I was caught a little off guard. After considering it carefully, I came up with what you see above.

Why do there need to be separate rules for Combined Lists? Why can't we just piggyback? Many reasons.

First of all, as wonderful as WLers are, I do not feel comfortable trusting anyone else (or holding them accountable) for making final delivery. Having a PayPal payment to me in both our names makes me responsible. And vice versa. If someone claims they didn't receive something, I want that person to have a separate, individual tracking number and invoice, not somehow related to someone in another state.

Also, simple piggybacking is a cheap way to avoid the service fee. That isn't fair to me, or to other WishListers. Now, some WLers who regularly and significantly support the Post, the folks who make it possible for the Duffy Post to continue, may look at the service fee and say, "Hey! But their Wish List is less than ¥10,000! And if there are only two of them, that's a lower service fee than others pay!" Honestly, I doubt I'll hear such a thing, because the aforementioned WishListers don't talk like that. But here's my rationale, just in case:

I had two options — ¥500 each as if they split the basic ¥1000 service fee in two, or ¥750 which would split the <¥10,000 service fee in half. But there might be three; in which case the first rate works out, but the second is a little over. I thought that the WLers who choose this plan are likely money-conscious and I went with the route that benefits them. It's not intended as a slight toward the WLers who follow the Guidelines and meet the minimum. I am very grateful to you guys.

In fact, it was thinking about these WLers that led me to put a value cap on each individual List for Combined Lists. Otherwise, it becomes a very easy system to manipulate, and as earlier, that isn't fair to me or to other WLers.

Piggybacking seems easy at the start, but once WLers who are making sure to meet the minimum and who genuinely believe my time and work are also valuable start to see the downside, it will be too late and the experience of the Post will begin to unravel. Aimster is not this person, but LOTS of these people will come:

"I just want ONE thing. Won't someone PLEEEASE let me add it on your List??? PleEeEeEease???"

Soon people who saved money before events and want to come to the boards to talk about the quality of everything, or the design, or the vibe — they'll get frustrated and their experience will be affected. Our chats will be affected. The under ¥3000 policy makes it so that if you only want one thing, you can make your own clearly labeled "Anyone wanna combine Lists?" thread, and WLers who meet the minimum can avoid it. It's also more fair, because then everyone on the Combined List is in the same situation. It keeps the merchandise thread about design and excitement, too.^^

The cost and effects for the Combined WishLister are no different from piggybacking, except that this way there is no ambiguity about how much the CWLer owes the minimum-reaching WLer for shipping (a sticky point), and the minimum-reaching WLer does not have to pause their excitement at receiving their Care Package to pack up something to send to someone else. Plus, I don't have to wonder about how that's being done.

The CWLer still pays the same Gratuity, the service fee they were of course going to split with the minimum-reaching WLer anyway (although they get a deal here), and most importantly — pays fair shipping and is in direct communication with me and has their own tracking number. This last part is very important. I do not want WishListers to be responsible for final delivery, and I want as few complications as possible if there's ever a problem.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-27-2013 at 05:53 PM.

• North American Duffeteer

So the Spring Voyage site is now live and here are the links:

(The official site, in Japanese):
    ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(About the event and the characters)
    知りたい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(The shows)
    観たい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(The event's merchandise)
    買いたい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(Various goods for the two bears)
    ダッフィーとシェリーメイのグッズ | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | “Duffy” The Disney Bear | 東京ディズニーシー
    (The show's food menu)
    食べたい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(Various activities guests can enjoy)
    楽しみたい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー
    お泊まりしたい! | ミッã‚*ーとダッフィーのスプリングム´ã‚©ãƒ¤ãƒƒã‚¸ | 東京ディズニーシー

(And this is the bonus question? Can anyone post the lyrics to the theme played at the main site to the event?)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Thank you so much for the pictures and translations, DuffyDaisuki. Although I can't participate in DuffyPost, I most certainly am drinking in all of the lovely merchandise. Simply spectacular job by the Oriental Land Company once again. They never cease to amaze!

Now I'm off to see if I can't recreate those planters at home...
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Felice Natale!

You are so sweet, Esmeralda! You're welcome and thank you.

They really have done an incredible job this year. In many ways, this is the Spring Voyage I wanted last year. Much less Mouses!

Be sure and post pics of your planters!

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Duffy D, I plan on putting the Mickey/Duffy magnet on my list & you mentioned you wouldn't be surprised at a Shellie May magnet too, Can I add that to my list in case there is one & if there's not, just apply the allocated funds to shipping?

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    I have been traveling all day & just saw the update! Yay! I am in love with those luggage tags. DuffyD, will there be a separate service charge for ordering those? I can imagine they're a bit more labor intensive to gather for all of us!
    I love them, too! And you're sweet to think about how much work it is. They're gonna be challenging. Not a bit more, a lot more — especially with no online registration this year. Long lines, strict item limits and lots of writing in Japanese. Plus combining everything to order efficiently, then having to separate it out myself. So, yeah, I'll ask ¥500 per each of those. I'd like to ask ¥1000, honestly, because it's time-consuming and complicated, but items like this are what Tokyo Disney is all about. I don't want it to cost so much that people won't get more than one if they want to. Does ¥500 sound reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    They won't answer that; I asked. My guess is "yes," but I really won't know for sure until I see it. I strongly suspect it looks right, though. Just like I strongly suspect that the Compact Camera Trunk will be MUCH more satisfying in displays and photos with the plush than that Sticker Set. You'll even be able to "pack" clothes in it and stuff, and it will look right. That is not possible with the Sticker Set. I urge anyone with this plan to think carefully. The Camera Trunk is twice as much, but 100 times more convincing and useful for this purpose. I really think they should have marketed the Camera Trunk as the dual-purpose item. It looks, to me, like it was designed with that use in mind. I really cannot understand at all why they are pushing the Sticker Set in this way, though, so I make no promises. However, I strongly suspect that I'm right and anyone who trusts me will not regret it!^^
    Thanks DuffyD. I think what you said made total sense too and I just can't resist how cute mini duffy looks in the duffel bag pic. Initially I liked the sticker set but after seeing the dimensions, I think the camera trunk will fit my usual camera too so can have dual purposes. So it's something that hopefully both me AND duffy can use

There must be something wrong with my computer, because I am just not seeing that photo anywhere...
    Lol. U just reminded me I should take a pic of that

Thanks for the SV12 link. Comparing the lists again, I really do love the extras they have this year and I think I love the bicycle design this year even more too. I'm glad tho I went ahead and ordered all the clothing they came out with last year tho, as it looks like only the kid's t-shirt design is being repeated again. And altho that's cute, I find myself wearing the other designs more. The cutting is more tailored/fitting and I especially loved the PJ set which is sooo comfy and adorable

Btw can I just clarify something. Is the gratuity for this shopping trip for the SV items 30% regardless - that is even if our order is >¥10,000? I just want to make sure I calculate the right gratuity when I do up my wishlist.

Oh and I've been meaning to ask - what's a trivet? I love the design but wasn't sure what exactly it is altho looking at the picture - it kind of looks like a ceramic plate/tile for display? Is that what it is?

Thanks!!

• Happy Spring!

Does ¥500 sound reasonable?
    Yes.

• Happy Spring!

Quote Originally Posted by hugabear View Post
    Oh and I've been meaning to ask - what's a trivet?
    It is to set on your table and place hot things on it. E.G. you take a casserole out of the oven and it is served in the dish in which it was baked. The dish is to hot to place on the table cloth. You place a trivet under it.

• Adventures with Duffy

I love them, too! And you're sweet to think about how much work it is. They're gonna be challenging. Not a bit more, a lot more — especially with no online registration this year. Long lines, strict item limits and lots of writing in Japanese. Plus combining everything to order efficiently, then having to separate it out myself. So, yeah, I'll ask ¥500 per each of those. I'd like to ask ¥1000, honestly, because it's time-consuming and complicated, but items like this are what Tokyo Disney is all about. I don't want it to cost so much that people won't get more than one if they want to. Does ¥500 sound reasonable?
    No on line pre order then just pick up? Oh no. Im sorry to hear that. If I remember right it went well last year. I could be wrong.

• North American Duffeteer

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast