Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    The size of the tag compaired to the bag is why I think it's Duffy size, which is soo cool. They will make one for Shellie May too even if it's not this year.

Is the blue bag with the patches the same as last years?
    Double durnit, Janell! I thought something more than the decals was different on that tote bag...it's substantially larger, I think than last year's. 2012 was ¥2900; 2013 is ¥4200. Substantially larger means I'll use it more, and it also probably has all of the decals on it...hm... I hope they do make Shellie's mini-duffel this year (if that's what that little duffel can do). That would be a good indicator that Spring Voyage won't be back again next year so I can go ahead and feel good about getting this bigger tote. Last year, as much as I d the design, I wished it was a bit bigger. This year is like a wish list of all the things I wanted last year to be. If there's a stationery or stamp set, or if Duffy has brown or khaki pants, I may actually pass out.^^

No more questions for you, Janell! Your questions are expensive!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Why is an eye shadow palate next to it?
    That's a color accuracy calibrating tool called ColorChecker Passport. I guess these are test photos for press and publicity. It does totally look like some kind of cosmetics, though!

How pricey is Mira Costa for a Duffy room? Is there a cheaper time to travel during the event?
    Well, it's not cheap, but it's not impossible if you're splitting it three ways and you go during "Value" time. You're welcome to come go with me!^^:

Value: ¥70,000
    Regular: ¥76,000
    Peak: ¥86,000
    Top: ¥93,000

The suites are always ¥280,000...and strangely enough, you only get 2 of the gift packages with the suite, as opposed to 3 with the "Special Room." I guess if you're paying $3000 a night, you're not too concerned with the fact that you don't get the best deal on swag?^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-11-2012 at 01:16 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, is the blue bag bigger then last years? Is so Im in trouble I like big bags. lol

$3000 for a suite that is crazy pricey. lol And only two swag bags? Thats nuts. lol I think your right if you can afford that they another swag bag may not matter.

Thank you, I would love to go. Im pricing it but I doubt it.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Adventures with Duffy

The passport case, do you think it for park tickets or your regular government issued passport?

D
    uffeteer

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    If you're coming all the way here, why not splurge on the Miracosta, even just for one night? Could you do that and maybe even stay at the cheapest hotel you can find around the Resort? It might work out to the same. For what you get, Miracosta is totally worth it. I thought so last year, but even moreso this year!^^
    I am staying at TDLH for ONE night! (April 14th, night before the 30th Kick off) and it is costing me 51,000 yens. Then I am staying FOUR nights at the Sheraton for a total of 51,000 yens.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

Travis sounds like fun. I hadnt thought of the 30th over lapping with SV. Wow, there is a lot going on.

Im getting home sick for TDR, havent been there since the 25th Ann.

D
    uffeteer

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

DuffyD, is the blue bag bigger then last years? Is so Im in trouble I like big bags…
    I think it has to be. 30% more expensive is not just inflation. I really kinda wish I'd waited… Although I like last year's key visual better; if they're about the same size, I could swap 'em out! I'd really prefer no Mouses on it.

Thank you, I would love to go. Im pricing it but I doubt it.
    I wish we could have a full-on Duffeteer convention! This year's SV is ticking so many boxes for me already. I really hope the scale of the shows is somehow ramped up, though.

The passport case, do you think it for park tickets or your regular government issued passport?
    No measurements are listed on that site, but it looks to me like it's long enough for either park maps or boarding passes, with plenty of room for both types of passports.

• I love that tiny bear!

That little duffel is SO CUTE! My gut says it'll be about the right size to hold the magnet bears, but we'll see. I likely won't be getting one, but love it!

I'm excited to see Shellie May's new outfit...though I can't regret buying Smiling Shellie May at all, even though I definitely can't buy a second one this year. But if I'd waited a year, I would've missed out on so much fun with her the last several months!

I really like the new art, personally. Is the Duffy on Mickey's back another redraw? I loved last year's and I like this one even more. May have to get something featuring that image.

• Adventures with Duffy

A full Duffy get together at TDS would be amazing. So much fun.

This is a great teaser of what's to come now we have to wait months to see what all they do. Please OLC do a camera looking bag like you did for Halloween. I sooo want a year round pattern in that style.

D
    uffeteer

Oh, Lord...I am going to be so broke.

I'm sad to see the dates, though- if those had been the dates last year, I would have been able to attend!

My fabulous luck last year? We arrived on White Day (around 6 PM), so we missed Sweet Duffy by a day, and left 3 days before Spring Voyage started. -_- Right in a Duffy dead zone. We buy our tickets so far out, we had no idea that Spring Voyage even existed at the time...

Exited to see the merchandise, even though I know I'm going to flinch at the overall cost.

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I really like the new art, personally. Is the Duffy on Mickey's back another redraw? I loved last year's and I like this one even more. May have to get something featuring that image.
    The artwork for the 2013 edition has Mickey giving Duffy a piggyback ride, while Minnie starts cuddling with ShellieMay.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Oh boy o boy o boy!More Cape Cod specific costumes for Spring Voyage!!!

If the base costumes really are that similar to last year's, I may not get them again, but I love that cable knit vest on Duffy and it would be nice to have a non-shiny version of Shellie's flower dress...

And the blue tote bag. I did get last year's and wish it were bigger. So maybe I have to get this one too? But they do look soooo similar...

That duffle, if it is really Duffy sized (and I agree it looks promising based on the size of the tag and the size of the "tightening bead" on the rope handle), may be a must-get.

The Miracosta Duffy bathrobes sound incredible!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    The artwork for the 2013 edition has Mickey giving Duffy a piggyback ride, while Minnie starts cuddling with ShellieMay.
    Yes, but in 2012 there was like "alternate" art with Duffy on Mickey's back. I don't remember if it was a piggyback or if he was in a bag or something, but it was featured on a few of the items and was very cute. Though I guess for 2013, the costumes are different so technically it would be "new" art. I was just wondering if the pose was the same.

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Yes, but in 2012 there was like "alternate" art with Duffy on Mickey's back. I don't remember if it was a piggyback or if he was in a bag or something, but it was featured on a few of the items and was very cute. Though I guess for 2013, the costumes are different so technically it would be "new" art. I was just wondering if the pose was the same.
    From that artwork from this year's Spring Voyage, Mickey was carrying the duffel bag on his back, while Duffy was inside the bag riding along with Mickey.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    From that artwork from this year's Spring Voyage, Mickey was carrying the duffel bag on his back, while Duffy was inside the bag riding along with Mickey.
    Thanks! I like the piggyback more, then. As often, TDS keeps improving on what's already great.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast