Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Yup, 500 sounds very reasonable to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    Duffy D, I plan on putting the Mickey/Duffy magnet on my list & you mentioned you wouldn't be surprised at a Shellie May magnet too, Can I add that to my list in case there is one & if there's not, just apply the allocated funds to shipping?
    The CM says there's not a Minnie version, but also said there were "not" lots of things until I insisted that there must be, and then they were found, and my prices were right, too!

Check this POST where you can see that nearly every item I previously highlighted in bold (now also colored in teal) was indeed available, although not published in magazines or on the site. Yes, I'm pretty proud of myself right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hugabear View Post
    ...Initially I liked the sticker set but after seeing the dimensions, I think the camera trunk will fit my usual camera too so can have dual purposes. So it's something that hopefully both me AND duffy can use
    Wise choice, I think. Although I'm still getting the Sticker Set, too - for the stickers! It's cheap, and I think Disney classic animation style depictions of DisneySEA shows is probably another Duffy first-ever! I've never seen that before, for any show. It's like Spring Voyage is an animated movie or cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by hugabear View Post
    Lol. U just reminded me I should take a pic of that

Thanks for the SV12 link. Comparing the lists again, I really do love the extras they have this year and I think I love the bicycle design this year even more too. I'm glad tho I went ahead and ordered all the clothing they came out with last year tho, as it looks like only the kid's t-shirt design is being repeated again. And altho that's cute, I find myself wearing the other designs more. The cutting is more tailored/fitting and I especially loved the PJ set which is sooo comfy and adorable

Btw can I just clarify something. Is the gratuity for this shopping trip for the SV items 30% regardless - that is even if our order is >10,000? I just want to make sure I calculate the right gratuity when I do up my wishlist.

Oh and I've been meaning to ask - what's a trivet? I love the design but wasn't sure what exactly it is altho looking at the picture - it kind of looks like a ceramic plate/tile for display? Is that what it is?

Thanks!!
    It makes me very happy to hear that you're still loving the stuff you got last year. I was really hoping for a more gender neutral Roomwear Set myself. Oh well, I finally got the Thermal Mug I've been wanting for years, so I'm good. Plus all these decals everywhere!

And yes, the gratuity is 30% across the board. The service fee is ¥500 cheaper if you spend over ¥10,000.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    It is to set on your table and place hot things on it. E.G. you take a casserole out of the oven and it is served in the dish in which it was baked. The dish is to hot to place on the table cloth. You place a trivet under it.
    And it is also commonly used in decor as a ceramic plate/tile exclusively for display, so you are exactly right, hugabear; but as ILG says, it's functional, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    No on line pre order then just pick up? Oh no. Im sorry to hear that. If I remember right it went well last year. I could be wrong.
    It saved me an unspeakable amount of time and hassle last year, and my disappointment that it has been discontinued is almost physically painful, and will certainly be physically painful by the time this Trip is done!

The luggage tag sets are ridiculously cute. I can hardly stand it! DuffyD it is unbelievably generous for you to go through all this extra effort.

Earlier in this forum some folks were talking about the price of Duffy goods on ebay. Even if items were cheaper over there, it wouldn't even be close to the same experience. I am having such a blast with everyone in this forum. From the pre-release speculation, to hearing the unbridled enthusiasm everyone here shared when the items were finally revealed. Now I get to plan and decide for a while, of course taking into consideration everyone else's opinions. It is so fun to see what other Duffy fans are excited about!

Finally, we know someone is PERSONALLY out there doing this as a good deed for us. It's not about the money, it's about sharing a gift. In some ways I think of Duffy D as the Santa Claus for adults. I can just imagine him stacking his bike full of items he has spent many many hours procuring. I know it's going to be just like Christmas Eve when my Wish List items arrives.
    This is a completely different experience then bidding on something online and hoping it arrives in good condition and is not counterfeit.

I know when my Shelly May arrives that she will be chosen, packed and sent with extra love.

THanks for all you do Duffy D. It is an amazing gift and I am so grateful.

I am sure this is written somewhere- but I can't find it right now.... What is the difference between SV13 SS Plush Shellie ¥3800 and SV13 Costume Shellie ¥3900? I think the Costume Shellie is JUST the outfit and the Plush Shellie is the bear and the outfit-but in a smaller size? How much smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    I am sure this is written somewhere- but I can't find it right now.... What is the difference between SV13 SS Plush Shellie ¥3800 and SV13 Costume Shellie ¥3900? I think the Costume Shellie is JUST the outfit and the Plush Shellie is the bear and the outfit-but in a smaller size? How much smaller?
    You are close in what you are are thinking.
    The SV13 SS Plush Shellie is a pre-dressed bear. The costume is sewed on so it does not come off. It is approx 10" high sitting (24.5cm as listed on the site).
    The SV13 Costume is the outfit only. This is so you can add to the wardrobe of the 17" ShellieMay, which is sold separately.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

So on my wish list I figure out my total plus 30% gratuity, but since my order is over 10,000 that makes the service fee 500 or 1000? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to be sure to get it right. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to get these items and I had no idea there were so many other Duffy fans other than in Japan that is

• when you wish...

Just saw the luggage tags. WOW! Why does the 'L' have to be so ugly, though?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

The service fee is 1000 for Wish Lists valued 10,000 and higher. It's 1500 for Wish Lists <10,000.

And as many have posted and can attest, although the pre-dressed 12" SS Plush outfits are "sewn on," the stitches are loose, findable, not part of seams, and easily snipped on less than five minutes by anyone who has ever used a pair of scissors — no advanced sewing skills required. I'd always go with the 17" because they can wear the costumes of every event, but the little ones are absolutely adorable, too. Don't let the attached costume make you feel "trapped." Reattaching the hat or bow after removal will prove to be trickier, though, as you'll need to get your hands on some bear-colored elastic.

The service fee is 1000 for Wish Lists valued 10,000 and higher. It's 1500 for Wish Lists <10,000.

And as many have posted and can attest, although the pre-dressed 12" SS Plush outfits are "sewn on," the stitches are loose, findable, not part of seams, and easily snipped on less than five minutes by anyone who has ever used a pair of scissors no advanced sewing skills required. I'd always go with the 17" because they can wear the costumes of every event, but the little ones are absolutely adorable, too. Don't let the attached costume make you feel "trapped." Reattaching the hat or bow after removal will prove to be trickier, though, as you'll need to get your hands on some bear-colored elastic.

Those Signal Flags are a dream thing!! They're accurate to the real signals and will look FANTASTIC on the Duffel Bags from last year or this year's Camera Bag (which is so well designed, it could be used for anything^^).

Letters CAN be purchased separately, too! They're only 300 each, so my advice is make a list of all the words you may want to spell, count the letters, and see if it's do-able:

YOUR NAME
    SPRING VOYAGE
    BONVOYAGE
    DUFFY
    SHELLIE(MAY)
    CAPE COD
    AMEFRO (Japanese nickname for…)
    AMERICAN WATERFRONT
    ADVENTURING
    EXPLORING
    DUFFETEER
    SOS
    HURRICANE POINT
    (SS) FRIENDSHIP
    TIPPY(BLUE)
    DISNEYSEA
    OLC
    BRING LOVE/JOY
    HAPPINESS (AND LUCK)
    FUNDERFUL
    DUFFY CREW

…TOO MANY OPTIONS!!! But the nautical accuracy of these is just too much to not be wowed by!

• I love that tiny bear!

Lovely things! Thank you so much for the translations, DuffyD!

Quote Originally Posted by Poohkat View Post
    I see they have two new pressed coins at Miracosta(Hope I spelled that right)...I would love to add the pressed coins to my list if that is okay.
    I would also love any and every Spring Voyage Duffy and Shellie May coin you are willing to get! If that's just the regular ones in the park (assuming there are some), that's fine. If you can do the Miracosta ones too, that's great (last year's were adorable!), but if not, I understand. If there are no regular ones in the park and I get a duplicate set of the "regular series" ones, I have a friend who collects pressed pennies so that's fine too. Medallions!

Is the popcorn bucket set (which is amazing) 2,500 (not 2,000)? I'm still tempted...it looks like it can do double duty as a poor bear's trunk (and two sizes!) I ADORE the compact camera case trunk, but it's just too small for me. Looking at the dimensions, it'd probably be a semi-tight fit to JUST put a magnet bear in it, so I don't THINK it's the best item for me. We'll see, though. Obviously it is much more authentic than the popcorn boxes and it's really a VERY nice item, but it's tiny for me!

The strap set (cell phone charms) ARE much nicer than last year's, and I thought last year's were an excellent value. I believe the character poses are even different this year! (Duffy absolutely is.) To compare Duffy's from last year (that's on my phone), he had a band/strap similar to Mickey's (actually a touch nicer than Mickey's, as it was printed with Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage and a little green and white image of Duffy with a shamrock!) and a single flower-shaped bead on it. This year's has a whole circle of beads (instead of the strap) AND an extra "life preserver" token on it. When/if the charm ever wears out*, you could not only re-purpose the Duffy charm, but the life preserver charm and all those beads! Last year, some of the charms used twisted cord to make loops/attach the charms (similar to the use of Mickey's brown band and the beads this year). That didn't seem to me like it would hold up, though I haven't tried using them yet. Not sure what's used on Minnie's, though (if it's like Shellie May's from last year, it's a thin chain).

*I guess all things wear out eventually, but I've had my Duffy charm on since probably May or earlier and aside from being a bit dirty, it seems to be fine. I don't treat my things gently, either. In comparison, I got a set of Tinkerbell and friends charms at Disneyland ($6.95 for 5 or 6 if I recall correctly) and each only lasted 6 months, if that, before the cord wore out.

I actually probably won't buy the charms since I have mine from last year, but they are very, very nice. (Some people find them too big for their phones, but then again, most cell phones nowadays won't take that kind of charm so I guess it's a moot point. They are attractive charms. )

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Now I'm off to see if I can't recreate those planters at home...
    I also want to see pictures!

I am definitely taking DuffyD's word on the giant shopping bag and going for it!
    Last edited by Eeee-va; 02-27-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Actually looked at my 2012 phone charms and tried to rephrase descriptions of same into semi-coherent English

Eeee-va, this is especially for you! I suspect that either (both?) the mini-Popcorn Bucket or/and? the Memo Trunk may be compatible with Badge/Magnet bears, but more investigation is needed…

Also, I'll check the Popcorn price later. I thought it was 2000, but I might be wrong.^^

As to Medals, I'll be putting a list together.

• Munchings & Crunchings

How did you find out about the new items, DuffyD? Are there pictures anywhere yet? I need to see the charm watch especially, since I already have last years.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and 500 for the luggage charms is more than reasonable!

Hi guys! I've been so busy this week I haven't been on the forum much, but I was checking the Duffy TDS website and saw the posting! OMGosh! So excited! So much fun stuff! I can't wait to see it all in person!
    I ADORE the parasol/umbrella! That is one of my favorite things!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast