Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Actually, TNutter, please don't do that. Another WishLister has contacted me privately and I've set up clearer rules for merged Lists. I'll try to post this later today, and I'll get in touch with that other person.^^

It's basically this:

WishListers may combine Lists as long as none of their individual Lists come to 3000 and the total for the combined List is 3000 or more, and there should be a maximum of three people per List.

The service fee for each of these WishListers is reduced to 500, and the Gratuity is the same rate as the Shopping Trip, whatever it happens to be. I will still ship to each WLer individually and each WLer will still submit her/his own Wish List and make his/her own PayPal transfers for both Wish Lists and shipping.

I am not sending anyone's items to someone else. That could turn ugly and complicated very quickly. Of course, I can't stop you from PMing each other and circumventing this rule, but I'm kinda hoping Duffy's core energy inspires honesty and the 10+ hours I spent uploading stuff here yesterday earns me the right to make some decisions about how the Post is run.

I did initially imagine people combining Lists; I even wrote about it in the Guidelines. But no one has ever done it, so I've never really thought about the details. When I was asked about this on Monday, I was caught a little off guard. After considering it carefully, I came up with what you see above.

Why do there need to be separate rules for Combined Lists? Why can't we just piggyback? Many reasons.

First of all, as wonderful as WLers are, I do not feel comfortable trusting anyone else (or holding them accountable) for making final delivery. Having a PayPal payment to me in both our names makes me responsible. And vice versa. If someone claims they didn't receive something, I want that person to have a separate, individual tracking number and invoice, not somehow related to someone in another state.

Also, simple piggybacking is a cheap way to avoid the service fee. That isn't fair to me, or to other WishListers. Now, some WLers who regularly and significantly support the Post, the folks who make it possible for the Duffy Post to continue, may look at the service fee and say, "Hey! But their Wish List is less than 10,000! And if there are only two of them, that's a lower service fee than others pay!" Honestly, I doubt I'll hear such a thing, because the aforementioned WishListers don't talk like that. But here's my rationale, just in case:

I had two options 500 each as if they split the basic 1000 service fee in two, or 750 which would split the <10,000 service fee in half. But there might be three; in which case the first rate works out, but the second is a little over. I thought that the WLers who choose this plan are likely money-conscious and I went with the route that benefits them. It's not intended as a slight toward the WLers who follow the Guidelines and meet the minimum. I am very grateful to you guys.

In fact, it was thinking about these WLers that led me to put a value cap on each individual List for Combined Lists. Otherwise, it becomes a very easy system to manipulate, and as earlier, that isn't fair to me or to other WLers.

Piggybacking seems easy at the start, but once WLers who are making sure to meet the minimum and who genuinely believe my time and work are also valuable start to see the downside, it will be too late and the experience of the Post will begin to unravel. Aimster is not this person, but LOTS of these people will come:

"I just want ONE thing. Won't someone PLEEEASE let me add it on your List??? PleEeEeEease???"

Soon people who saved money before events and want to come to the boards to talk about the quality of everything, or the design, or the vibe they'll get frustrated and their experience will be affected. Our chats will be affected. The under 3000 policy makes it so that if you only want one thing, you can make your own clearly labeled "Anyone wanna combine Lists?" thread, and WLers who meet the minimum can avoid it. It's also more fair, because then everyone on the Combined List is in the same situation. It keeps the merchandise thread about design and excitement, too.^^

The cost and effects for the Combined WishLister are no different from piggybacking, except that this way there is no ambiguity about how much the CWLer owes the minimum-reaching WLer for shipping (a sticky point), and the minimum-reaching WLer does not have to pause their excitement at receiving their Care Package to pack up something to send to someone else. Plus, I don't have to wonder about how that's being done.

The CWLer still pays the same Gratuity, the service fee they were of course going to split with the minimum-reaching WLer anyway (although they get a deal here), and most importantly pays fair shipping and is in direct communication with me and has their own tracking number. This last part is very important. I do not want WishListers to be responsible for final delivery, and I want as few complications as possible if there's ever a problem.
    DuffyD you have out done your self yet again! It is you that of course makes the DuffyPost possible but you always make it a pleasure to do so with getting items that we can only wish for other wise (forgive the bad puns as always)

I am also so happy to be able to not only support the DuffyPost and love Duffy but I am so happy to see so many new members that are loving Duffy and able to catch a glimpse of his home and being able to take that treasure home with us.

I will of course be happy, thrilled and honored to try out this new system that hopefully can continue in the future for those of us that otherwise would not be able to participate.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by bebs View Post
    ...I will of course be happy, thrilled and honored to try out this new system that hopefully can continue in the future for those of us that otherwise would not be able to participate.
    I love your sweetness and sincerity, Bebs. I know that you appreciate it, and I appreciate you, too.

That said, I was just coming to post my concerns that I hadn't actually thought this through very well...

I do want people to be able to participate who normally couldn't. But I absolutely do not want it to just be a cheap option for people who simply don't choose to care enough about the Duffy Post or the time and energy invested in it by me (or the OLC, with their products) to prioritize it or appreciate it.

I believe, and I think most WishListers believe, the Duffy Post is like a fan club with membership fees; it's not intended to be just a convenience or just cheaper than other importing options. It is an experience, with heart.

I know you understand this, Bebs, but the potential for abuse concerns me. Let's just say the guidelines for CWLs are not set in stone yet...

Perhaps you could put in a rule that each person may only combine WLs to circumvent the 3000 yen minimum rule just once per calendar year? Or something. That would make it so people who don't have the funds necessary but really want something Duffy/Shellie from an event to have to think very, very hard if they wish to use up their "goodwill point," if you will. Just throwing an idea out there.

I like your idea Rococo.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    How did you find out about the new items, DuffyD? Are there pictures anywhere yet? I need to see the charm watch especially, since I already have last years.
    Can you describe last year's or post a picture? I was just wondering today what it looked like.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

DuffyD is a very busy guy!
    not that I've seen the watch (yet), but he has just uploaded a ton more to post #252 on page 17 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    Just saw the luggage tags. WOW! Why does the 'L' have to be so ugly, though?
    I'm with you! Oh, the L is not pretty. Here is the meaning:
    L (Lima)
    In harbour: "The ship is quarantined."
    At sea: "You should stop your vessel instantly."
    With four numerals, latitude. (The first two denote degrees and the rest minutes.)

Here is the link to a Wiki page with the definitions for all the flags.
    International maritime signal flags - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How far can one stretch to get one they think looks good or means something cool?
    middle initial? maiden name initial?

Although, the statement of "This ship is quarantined" is pretty cool.

I take that back. I totally wish I had a 'J' in my name!

J (Juliet)
    "I am on fire and have dangerous cargo on board: keep well clear of me.", or "I am leaking dangerous cargo."
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 02-28-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Because J is oh so much cooler!

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Can you describe last year's or post a picture? I was just wondering today what it looked like.
    Here you go:

And for good measure, here's a link that shows practically everything that was offered last year.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for letting us know about DuffyD's page 17 update, Ilovegreataur! There is so much to take in, it's easy to miss an update.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I'm a little bummed there probably won't be a Shellie/Minnie magnet but I guess that frees up more room for luggage tags.

you are welcome.
    Has anyone seen the slide show at this link? The bears are so cute!
    ミッ*ーとダッフィーのスプリング ォヤッジ | 東京ディズニーシー

About luggage tags, I haven't seen an image of the reverse. Is there an area to place your name and address or are they to be more like a visual identifier?

DuffyD,
    1. dessert cup: is it plastic or glass?

2. dessert plate: is it plastic or ceramic?

thanks!
    ILG
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 02-28-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: evolving questions

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    J (Juliet)
    "I am on fire and have dangerous cargo on board: keep well clear of me.", or "I am leaking dangerous cargo."
    I was just thinking that wasn't the most flattering! Even if it can be considered a bit accurate, I guess. (I hope I'm not leaking though.) Thank you for the link!

I figure you can pick whatever letter you want, though a "D" or "S" (for "Duffy" or "Shellie May") would make sense for sure.

Thank you so much, Danimated! It's adorable and makes sense from the phrase, but I was picturing something you could wear, with charms on it!

Sorry, Eeee-va. I have a bit of a sick sense of humor.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast