Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

They had Mater and Lightning McQueen eggs at TDL?

Still a fun idea...I almost wish I'd gone to DCA Monday instead of Saturday so I could've done it. But then, I'm not a fan of Vinylmation so I guess it doesn't matter so much.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

That cell phone case is bulky...adorable but bulky! Fortunately I have an older IPhone or I might've been tempted to buy it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yes, they sure did have Lightning McQueen and Mater eggs at TDL. Here's a great photo report on the hunt at TDL, with pictures of all the eggs in the park.

Easter Wonderland 2011: Easter Egg Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland | Pooh's Travels

Also, I'm pretty sure that blog is our old friend, Poohstravlers. We haven't heard from her here in a long time, but she used to post.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh wow, there were a LOT of eggs in TDL! Looking at the ones Disney California Adventure chose to use, I was just feeling that two of them were not like the others. But looking at TDL's it makes sense.

The fine print on this US adventure seems to indicate that even if you don't actually bother looking for eggs, you can get the Vinylmation keychain. Though I think hunting would be much more fun, of course.

• Adventures with Duffy

The eggs look so cute. OLC wow, how I wish you decorated all the parks.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Happy Spring!

That is awesome. I'm a little put off by the Stitch one. Although it is Stitch, the front teeth look like Hamsterville. Otherwise, they are all awesome.
    The little one of Jiminy Cricket (JC) reminds me... the character no longer appears at Animal Kingdom. We met JC in Dec 2010. When we went in Dec 2012, they said he no longer comes out for meet-n-greets. To what is the world coming?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I love that Pooh's Travels blog. It sounds like some of you may already be familiar with the blogger but she is a big Duffy/Shellie May fan. She has some great posts about holidays at the Tokyo parks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pooh's Travel's is a member here on MC and sometimes posts here in the Duffy forums. She's a friend of mine (she helped me get the Duffy & Shellie May Halloween lanterns - I owe her a few coffees at Starbucks for that! ).

Regarding Jiminy Cricket, I heard he was "retired" from doing meet & greets after last summer. That's why they brought him out with Pinocchio & Gepetto during the "Long Lost Friends" week Limited Time Magic at WDW in January (I think it was January).

• I Heart ShellieMay!

That's great that she was able to help you get the lanterns, Aimster! I love those lanterns...they are like a Shellie/Duffy dream item for me since I am such a Halloween fanatic. I really hope to get them this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    That's great that she was able to help you get the lanterns, Aimster! I love those lanterns...they are like a Shellie/Duffy dream item for me since I am such a Halloween fanatic. I really hope to get them this fall!
    If they offer them again. In 2011 they only had Duffy ones, then last year they offered Shellie May as well. I wish I could have gotten my hands on the snowman one at Christmas, but hopefully they'll offer those again next time.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I really hope that they offer them again. I've seen the Snow Duffy and would love to get my hands on that one too!

• Journey On!

I guess we'll see SnowDuffy again this year, with SnowShellie. The Pumpkins, though… Not sure.

Thanks for the support, guys. It was actually a difficult day. Finishing Excel and converting it into a List I could use on iPhone meant not sleeping until about 7:00AM. I tried not to sleep and just go, but it was already too late to beat the morning rush, so I slept almost three hours and got there at noon.

Spring Voyage is nice because of the opportunity to do half the shopping at Bon Voyage. Since there's a Home Delivery Service counter right downstairs, this is extremely helpful. I was pleasantly surprised that while many other guests noticed how much I was buying, I didn't get that "judgey" feeling from anyone, except one CM who seemed to follow me around, whispering to other CMs and reminding me that I can "only but three of each Duffy item." Thanks. I spoke to her by name, tried to connect with her, but mostly she didn't even bother to reply to me at all, and when she did, it was the plastic smile with unmasked eyes that say, "I'm judging you right now and you don't measure up, weirdo."

It was okay, though, because four other CMs helped me with totally genuine smiles (or they're good enough at faking it to be qualified for their jobs). Two went as far as to carry my purchases downstairs for me and ask Home Delivery Service to hold onto them while I finished shopping. In almost two years, no one has ever been so kind; I was very deeply moved. I felt a strong, real love for both The Oriental Land Company and Disney in that moment. I'd been through the register twice at this point, which meant the first time overloaded with two baskets and the second time carrying two baskets [i]plus[/] two Giant Shopping Bags and three or four of the large TDR shopping bags. I still had two more rounds to go, so I was extremely grateful to them.

After buying everything that was available in Bon Voyage, I walked down to the Home Delivery counter. I had never used this one before. The CMs here were magical, fantastic. Both seemed great, but I dealt mostly with one and she was like a Christmas miracle. Her smile was real, her voice charming. Though she spoke fairly fast Japanese, I was able to understand her right up until the end when some of the words she used for casual, friendly chatting went over my head. I tried to just let it go, because I didn't want to "break our atmosphere" (so Japanese) with my limited language ability. She didn't give up though, and told me to try a little English and when she understood which part had confused me, she said it again in Japanese I could understand, and added an English phrase and a hearty smile for good measure. She was so perfect that I actually experienced the Home Delivery counter as a kind of attraction. My day was better and more fulfilling because of her.

When I walked outside, the clouds looked ominous, but it hadn't started raining yet. Obviously I hadn't brought an umbrella. On the way to TDS, I saw a CM at the Ambassador Hotel wearing the new uniform. I had no interaction with her, but marveled at the way she did her job, waiting for an airport bus and helping guests get on it. Her stance as she stood, the angle of her arm as she checked her watch — everything was all business. She looked like "Mickey's Secret Service," but she had a warm, welcoming smile the whole time. I was awestruck. My bus driver was friendly and charming, too.

Going through the turnstiles, the CMs were great and offered one of the warmest welcomes I've ever experienced, though the CMs at this post are nearly always actively friendly.^^ I had intended to go reserve Tag Accessories first, then buy restaurant items, then other merchandise. But Galleria Disney pulled me in and I just started shopping on auto-pilot. This time I had three baskets…and I still had to get a Medium ShellieMay.

The CM cashier was nice enough. Not genuinely friendly, not really open to connecting with me as a person like the latter CMs at Bon Voyage, but very professional and wonderful at his job. He called the Home Delivery counter at TDS to make sure they could keep and compile things there, as they had done at Bon Voyage. This was a huge, HUGE help. And he even asked some of the CMs to accompany me to help me carry stuff. They were women, so in addition to what I was carrying, I took bags from both of them, but it would have simply been impossible without their help. No one has ever been do helpful before. It was turning into a magical day. Despite all the planning and thinking and checking merchandise and managing the List and the constant threat of rain; I felt relaxed, at ease and upbeat. These CMs were incredible.

I went back for Round Two and they offered to help me carry to Home Delivery again. It was difficult but possible, so I declined the offer. The most friendly, genuine, open CM insisted and picked up my bags with a look of purpose. But I took them off her hands and reassured her that I could do it myself. I was so appreciative of this kindness and commitment, I felt the only way to pay it back was by not simply taking advantage of it.^^

After the second trip to Home Delivery, I'd intended to take a break, but I was worried about the time for Tag Accessories, so I went there first. The first CM I dealt with made things needlessly difficult and had a general air of false sugary distaste in dealing with me. My phone was at 3%, so I really wanted to have extra order forms, so I could go sit down, attach my portable charger and relax myself for a minute. I know I can only turn in one at a time, but I thought if I could just write them all, that would help. I asked what time the Tag Accessory reservation would finish and she answered me with lots and lots of Japanese that did not include an hour. I asked again and she repeated, nearly word for word. I suggested particular times and she repeated, with a Dolores Umbridge smile. Finally I gave up and just hoped my battery would last. Heaven was getting to the last counter, though! The final CM at Steamboat Mickey's was like an angel person. She was sincere, professional…excellent. I cannot say enough kind things about this woman. She was simply extraordinary, and it seemed effortless, rather than affected or trained. Again, my spirits rose. After finishing with her, I went back round to fill out another order form, but alas; my phone was dead. I left. Little bits of furious.^^

I went over to the NY Deli, which some may remember as the site of the "Mayonnaise Fiasco" that almost ended my TDR fandom and has apparently ended one of my friendships that was apparently both less genuine and less valuable than I thought, so no loss, I suppose. Well, last night at NY Deli, all I got was a drink, but once again, both the CM at the register and the one at the counter were so phenomenal with their wholehearted kindness that the experience was on the same level as an attraction. In just two minutes of interaction, they astounded me and improved the quality of my day. That's magic!

After recharging my phone and spirit, I went back for the last two order forms. Fortunately it was sprinkling a little and people had gone home so there wasn't a line. Then I just had to wait for the next ones to be ready; the first were already done.

I decided to go across the street to McDuck's and buy more stuff while I waited. While I was there, a CM brought me an extra basket (which I couldn't physically carry, but it was a nice gesture, and another CM actually found something I was looking for and brought it to me. Another one accompanied me to the register, which was unnecessary but kind. The CMs bagging my stuff were not especially friendly or personable, but they were polite, smart, efficient, careful — professional. I wasn't "transported," but still fully satisfied.

Ran back over to Steamboat Mickey's, where two CMs whose names I shamefully failed to notice (I was exhausted!) helped me go through each of the Tag Accessories one by one. These cannot be exchanged or returned later, so I checked for any paint problems or scratches that amounted to more than two specks. Some of what I perceived as "flaws" were in fact relatively minor (some were absolutely not), yet these CMs accepted every one of my changes, to the point that I felt as if all my OLC communication/service fumbles had been washed away. This was a long, laborious process and by the time we finished, I had two more Giant Shopping Bags+ and about five minutes to get back to Home Delivery at the front of the park. I hurried.

And fell. Hard. In the MiraCosta archway, and yesterday was a holiday so on spite of weekday rain, it was crowded. I was embarrassed, but fortunately I had no breakables at the time. In hindsight, I bet this is when it happened…(more later*)

Back at Home Delivery, the CMs were great. All in all, a FAR MORE PLEASANT Shopping Day than I'd expected. I had just one more stop at Guest Relations to pick up 31 English maps. When I got there I finally saw the CM who had been my lifesaver during the mayonnaise fiasco. Unfortunately, before she became available, there was another man. I asked for 31, he looked incredulous and went behind a door to ask permission, came back and told me no. I couldn't believe it. All that work. All that money. All day's kindnesses. And I can't have some free pieces of paper??? He said in Japanese that he could do 20, but then another woman who I hadn't been introduced to and dunno why was involved comes over and says in English, "How about fifteen?" I insisted that he said 20 in Japanese and I was now getting a little angry because I hate when they employ either the a) "gang up" or b) "I'll only understand and speak enough English to make sure you get my message" tactics, and here were both. It was just such a slap in the face, after everything. I can't understand it, but I genuinely felt that their perspective is that the problem is that I asked. On no level whatsoever did the decision-makers seem to feel, on any level, that they were being inflexible, irrational, or unreasonable. In fact, the contrary. It makes me crazy.:bang

Sorry to end here, but I gotta go.

Awwww DuffyD! I'm glad you had some good experiences with several CM's this shopping trip, but that sucks it ended with a couple ganging up on you about the park maps. Just not right.

I really don't know how you do it all. I'm exhausted just READING about it! You must have some super powers you're not telling us about.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Thanks for the support, guys. It was actually a difficult day. Finishing Excel and converting it into a List I could use on iPhone meant not sleeping until about 7:00AM. I tried not to sleep and just go, but it was already too late to beat the morning rush, so I slept almost three hours and got there at noon.
    DuffyD, you are a trooper. Being a student, I know what it feels like to have to function on little to no sleep (although all my friends and I agree that if you sleep for three (3) hours or less, technically you only napped. You didn't sleep). I'm telepathically sending you some good vibes and energy. But be careful with it: it's more powerful than the sun.

I was pleasantly surprised that while many other guests noticed how much I was buying, I didn't get that "judgey" feeling from anyone, except one CM who seemed to follow me around, whispering to other CMs and reminding me that I can "only but three of each Duffy item." Thanks. I spoke to her by name, tried to connect with her, but mostly she didn't even bother to reply to me at all, and when she did, it was the plastic smile with unmasked eyes that say, "I'm judging you right now and you don't measure up, weirdo."

...The first CM I dealt with made things needlessly difficult and had a general air of false sugary distaste in dealing with me. My phone was at 3%, so I really wanted to have extra order forms, so I could go sit down, attach my portable charger and relax myself for a minute. I know I can only turn in one at a time, but I thought if I could just write them all, that would help. I asked what time the Tag Accessory reservation would finish and she answered me with lots and lots of Japanese that did not include an hour. I asked again and she repeated, nearly word for word. I suggested particular times and she repeated, with a Dolores Umbridge smile. Finally I gave up and just hoped my battery would last.

...I asked for 31, he looked incredulous and went behind a door to ask permission, came back and told me no. I couldn't believe it. All that work. All that money. All day's kindnesses. And I can't have some free pieces of paper??? He said in Japanese that he could do 20, but then another woman who I hadn't been introduced to and dunno why was involved comes over and says in English, "How about fifteen?" I insisted that he said 20 in Japanese and I was now getting a little angry because I hate when they employ either the a) "gang up" or b) "I'll only understand and speak enough English to make sure you get my message" tactics, and here were both. It was just such a slap in the face, after everything. I can't understand it, but I genuinely felt that their perspective is that the problem is that I asked. On no level whatsoever did the decision-makers seem to feel, on any level, that they were being inflexible, irrational, or unreasonable. In fact, the contrary. It makes me crazy.:bang
    I'm sorry you had to deal with such difficult CMs. Some people are just great at being complete and utter (synonym for anuses). Well, I'm glad that your negative CM experiences were minimal, especially after what happened last year. I felt so bad for you when you posted it. It sounded absolutely humiliating and mortifying. Hopefully, you won't have any more negative or judgmental encounters/CMs, but in case you do, we need to come up with some witty comebacks for you. Let me see, may be try "Three (3)? Got it. The number after two (2) and before four (4)," or "Thank you for reminding about the three (3) item limit. Three (3) is such a large number to keep track of." Ah, we'll think of something.

It was okay, though, because four other CMs helped me with totally genuine smiles (or they're good enough at faking it to be qualified for their jobs). Two went as far as to carry my purchases downstairs for me and ask Home Delivery Service to hold onto them while I finished shopping. In almost two years, no one has ever been so kind; I was very deeply moved. I felt a strong, real love for both The Oriental Land Company and Disney in that moment. I'd been through the register twice at this point, which meant the first time overloaded with two baskets and the second time carrying two baskets [i]plus[/] two Giant Shopping Bags and three or four of the large TDR shopping bags.

...the Home Delivery counter. I had never used this one before. The CMs here were magical, fantastic. Both seemed great, but I dealt mostly with one and she was like a Christmas miracle. Her smile was real, her voice charming. Though she spoke fairly fast Japanese, I was able to understand her right up until the end when some of the words she used for casual, friendly chatting went over my head. I tried to just let it go, because I didn't want to "break our atmosphere" (so Japanese) with my limited language ability. She didn't give up though, and told me to try a little English and when she understood which part had confused me, she said it again in Japanese I could understand, and added an English phrase and a hearty smile for good measure. She was so perfect that I actually experienced the Home Delivery counter as a kind of attraction. My day was better and more fulfilling because of her.

...Going through the turnstiles, the CMs were great and offered one of the warmest welcomes I've ever experienced, though the CMs at this post are nearly always actively friendly.^^

...The most friendly, genuine, open CM insisted and picked up my bags with a look of purpose. But I took them off her hands and reassured her that I could do it myself. I was so appreciative of this kindness and commitment, I felt the only way to pay it back was by not simply taking advantage of it.^^

...Ran back over to Steamboat Mickey's, where two CMs whose names I shamefully failed to notice (I was exhausted!) helped me go through each of the Tag Accessories one by one. These cannot be exchanged or returned later, so I checked for any paint problems or scratches that amounted to more than two specks. Some of what I perceived as "flaws" were in fact relatively minor (some were absolutely not), yet these CMs accepted every one of my changes, to the point that I felt as if all my OLC communication/service fumbles had been washed away. This was a long, laborious process and by the time we finished, I had two more Giant Shopping Bags+ and about five minutes to get back to Home Delivery at the front of the park.
    I was so happy to read about these truly magical and heartwarming CMs that I did a little happy dance. Some people in customer service are so adept at their jobs, that they make you forget that their job is customer service. They're friendly, open, knowledgeable, and beyond helpful. No matter how disastrous or difficult your problem is, their positive energy and attitude reassure you that everything will be okay. Even if they can't provide a solution, their positivity allows you to walk away knowing that your problem isn't as insurmountable as it previously seemed to be. Their affability is simultaneously humbling and uplifting, and it transports you to a heaven you never want to leave. You feel so lucky to have experienced such magic, and as much as you want to cling onto it forever, you know you can't be selfish. Keeping it for yourself could jeopardize others' chances to experience it, so to ensure it remains pristine, you let it go making sure your actions did not sully it. I hope the remainder of your CM encounters are this magical or better because such experiences are what you provide us, DuffyD, and you deserve it.

...On the way to TDS, I saw a CM at the Ambassador Hotel wearing the new uniform. I had no interaction with her, but marveled at the way she did her job, waiting for an airport bus and helping guests get on it. Her stance as she stood, the angle of her arm as she checked her watch — everything was all business. She looked like "Mickey's Secret Service," but she had a warm, welcoming smile the whole time. I was awestruck. My bus driver was friendly and charming, too.
    "Mickey's Secret Service--that is too funny!

This was a long, laborious process and by the time we finished, I had two more Giant Shopping Bags+ and about five minutes to get back to Home Delivery at the front of the park. I hurried.

And fell. Hard. In the MiraCosta archway, and yesterday was a holiday so on spite of weekday rain, it was crowded. I was embarrassed, but fortunately I had no breakables at the time. In hindsight, I bet this is when it happened…(more later*)
    I hope people came over to assist you. One (1) thing that irks me to no end is when people clap, laugh, or point at a person who has fallen instead of helping. Laugh with the person to lessen their embarrassment and/or pain but only when the injured party is able to stand on his/her own or receives help. Point at the object or liquid responsible for the fall, so that others won't fall as well. Clap with the person to encourage him/her that everything is okay, if you think clapping will lift their spirits. But first and foremost help.

All in all, a FAR MORE PLEASANT Shopping Day than I'd expected.
    Your day sounded like a roller coaster of magical highs and gruesome lows, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to give your shopping day a passing grade.

• Journey On!

*The "it" I foreshadowed earlier was the loss of my bicycle key. I didn't notice until I got home. I thought about not sending the last things with Home Delivery because it was getting very expensive, I've still got at least one more full day of shopping, and I really do desperately need "Duffy money" right now with AP renewal and MiraCosta coming up. Thank goodness for the rain. I ultimately decided that it wasn't worth the risk as the rain could get worse and WLers stuff would get wet on my bike. The rain didn't worsen, but I had to physically carry my bicycle home from the station. That would've been even more awful with 2 Giant Shopping Bags+. Checked with Lost & Found and my key didn't turn up, which means I'm gonna be walking for a while. I'd deal with it Friday, but I'll be shopping again.