Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 318252627282930 LastLast

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

DuffyDaisuki, you are just amazing! Reading your day's story, it really hit me how hard you have to work and what you go through to bring a bit of that Tokyo Disney magic back to us Duffy fans abroad. I appreciate your generosity even more now!

• I love that tiny bear!

What an incredible, crazy journey! I'm so sorry about the poor treatment you got from a few CMs (did the ones withholding the maps have ANY idea how much money you gave the park that day?). But I'm so glad that so many CMs were kind and warm and friendly. At the least they should be civil and efficient, but how special that some were well above and beyond. I wonder why the change, but I'm glad!

I'm also so very sorry about the lost key. How frustrating! And how awful it hasn't shown up in Lost and Found. I'm so sorry you can't deal with it sooner and hope it's not expensive. I just hate to think of you having to walk because of a bit of rain and bad luck. My Duffies and Shellie Mays send all their luck and love to you for the next trip, though!

(I am not sure I am lucky, but I send love too. And heartfelt gratitude for your hard work.)

• Journey On!

You guys are so sweet. Thank you. It really means a lot today. I still haven't finished the original sticker design or sent it to the printer (but I have already contacted the printer so it's not like I'm just ignoring it^^), plus there's still LOADS of shopping to do. And I haven't figured out yet how to edit subtitles on MP4, so I haven't uploaded the last Prologue translation yet (though I have written it).

Plus, I've written half of my "My Duffy" story, but had no time to finish it. I'm sure you can imagine the length.^^ I that thread! It's been so wonderful to read about marathons and concerts and families and what Duffy means to everyone. There is something special about Duffy and if Disney marketing doesn't get it, they should really find someone who does. I'm actually contemplating applying for the job based on nothing but passion. I believe this so strongly and I'm tired of complaining about it; I want to do something. I hoped the Post would be enough of an outlet to make me feel better, but the more it grows, the more I see the potential for Duffy to absolutely be a global phenomenon and household name. I would like to be part of making that happen, somehow. The Cape Cod element is essential to me, though.

I've heard about many magical, wonderful Disney experiences in the US, too, and I know that American customer service is more flexible and sincerely friendly, albeit typically less glossy and polite. If US merchandising was truly worthy of the Duffy or Disney name, I would be proud to be part of it. Who knows how serious I am, but in this moment it feels like a calling. I want someone who approaches Duffy as a vocation to be steering the ship and maybe they just don't have anyone like that available?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    …Did the ones withholding the maps have ANY idea how much money you gave the park that day?
    Oh yeah. I mentioned it. But the reaction was as I expected. Rather than feeling embarrassed at the Company's hard line in the face of a loyal and generous "customer" (that's not how I see my relationship with OLC), he seemed miffed at the idea that I haughtily presumed to deserve and demand (which I didn't) exuberant special treatment because of my buying power. He missed the point completely, as did his cohort.

I don't see myself as a "customer" and I try not to think about money. For me, everyone who loves Duffy is a partner in birthing this character in the world until he's as big as Mickey and his image brings happiness and joy to the world. If I think about money, as happens when CMs "break the spell," I realize pretty fast that WLers are never paying me, but effectively paying OLC twice. It hasn't happened yet that my own spending was not equal to or greater than the entirety earned from gratuities and service fees from the Post.

Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the opportunity to run the Duffy Post, to know everyone and do the planning and do the shopping (it's usually drama, but you know I love it!). The fact that it supplements my own Duffy budget is an undoubtedly happylucky perk, but it's not what drives me. In the moments when it's hard, the way it's hard wouldn't be worth it to me. If I didn't need a) English speakers to share the authentic Duffy experience with and b) spend so much on Duffy, I would never do something like the Duffy Post just to earn some extra cash. There are much easier, less stressful and time-consuming ways to make a buck. For me it's about the commitment to promoting the Cape Cod Duffy vision and the deep sense of healthy pride I take in this work. I wasn't demanding anything, but I did mention it. It didn't help.

What does help is knowing that even though the rules are somewhat inflexible inherently, there are many CMs who do their jobs in ways that make them feel painless, and OLC is still the only company on Earth who delivers authentic Duffy. They amaze me every time. There were some wonderful surprises yesterday, but I'll get to that later.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-21-2013 at 05:06 AM.

DuffyD, reading your whole experience I am surprised by all the things you go through for us. I thank you highly for this. I am glad that most of your experience was well and am sorry that the ones that did cause you trouble didn't ask why you wanted them. I am also deeply sorry to hear about losing your key. I thank you alot for what you are doing and that you are able to share OLC's vision of Duffy with us. Had I not found this place I would never have understood or loved Duffy as much.
    (Sending love, luck, gratitude, and happiness to you! )

DuffyDaisuki, looks like you had a very bussy day , thank you very much for doiing this and let Duffy and Shellie May travel around the world like this !!
    Thank you , thank you , thank you , your the greatest !!!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

DuffyD, thanks for posting the story of the first shopping day. It was easy for me to imagine in my head, all that was going on. I know there were a few stumbles (literally too), but overall, it seems that this trip had many more great CM's than bad ones. I know usually the bad makes us forget all the good that came before, but reading about how several different stores and bunches of CM's really made you feel that magic, and they were so helpful, it makes it seem like the day was a little bit more balanced on the positive side. You definitely go through quite a lot to do all of the Duffy Post shopping, and you're so right, that we are basically paying OLC twice, through us, and then through you!

I will say, that we have equally inflexible CM's here too, but in the US, you might actually get some attitude back, or be made to feel like you're a total creep. It's not fun, and rather than being like inflexible Japanese rules, it's more like the US CM's are doing it to spite you, or because they don't care about their jobs or guests. It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it. However, there are many more that do create that magic, and I'm so glad that the big shopping day at TDS had so many great CM's.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and the bike key, I'm sorry that got lost. So...can you just replace the lock and get a new key? I picture it being the key for your chain/lock, right? Are bikes in Japan different in that the keys come with them and are not replaceable?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Duffy D. I second everyone else when I say I really don't know how you do it! You're awesome and we really do appreciate it so much. Sometimes when I'm having a tough day I cheer up just thinking of that box of Spring Voyage luck and happiness that is going to grace my door step in a while!

I really do relate to your Umbridge comparison! I think we've all been at the receiving end of one of those smiles! I have experienced a couple of particularly inflexible and in some cases, downright unpleasant US cast members but the majority of them are wonderful and erase the negative which sounds like what happened for you yesterday. Good luck with the rest of the shopping and again we really appreciate it!

Oh, and a Snow Shellie sounds so cute I can hardly stand it!
    Last edited by Boog1981; 03-21-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Typo!

• Happy Spring!

My husband said DuffyD should write to the OLC. If they are like the Disney company, then maybe they will fire the very unfriendly employees.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 03-21-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: type-o

• Adventures with Duffy

I agree DuffyD you are amazing. How nice of some of the CM to help you. That's what help set TDR apart from the other Disney parks. It's what I call Walts CM, ones who care a lot, helpful and bring the magic. Not every CM is that way any more which is sad to me since I grew up in DL and its what I am use to and sad to see it slip over the years. And being an Ex CM I know when training is good and when it's lacking. Breaks my heart.

DuffyD don't most of the CM in the Duffy area and Guest Relations where u get the maps know you by now? This isn't your first shopping trip. I agree let OLC know, that guest share maps with others who dream of coming to TDR and use those maps to plan. I wish I had a map before my trip. There isn't much info on TDR in English. The other parks have a ton of books.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

DuffyD, I am simply bowled over by the overwhelimg amount of work that you do for us. I was amazed when you agreed to allow 30 of us to sign up for this shopping trip. While I LOVE to shop, I'd have to think long and hard about doing it for 30 people! I second everyone else's thanks and gratitude.

This Post has given me such a bigger appreciation of all things Duffy and Shellie May.

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

DuffyD, Domo arigato!

Thank you so much for all you are doing for us! I know in our house you are creating magic for a little girl with a HUGE love of Duffy.

DuffyD Thank you for all you go thru to help us out. Your post makes me appreciate all my items from Japan even more. I wish I could have been there to help you out. Your service is veryvery very much appreciated.

• Tower of Tower Nut

Yes, Thank you DuffyD for everything that you do....

• I love that tiny bear!

Joe's Easter Egg Hunt at Disney California Adventure - with lots of pictures has a write-up of the Easter Egg hunt in DCA (full of spoilers for anyone who might actually go). They even mention the Tokyo Disneyland roots.