Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4192627282930 LastLast

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Thanks for that link, Eeee-va! It looks really fun but I don't think the key chains are enought motivation for me. If they had a spring or Easter theme I think that would be a different story. My husband and I will be at DCA Saturday though and I'll enjoy looking out for the eggs even if we don't officially participate.

Went yesterday and it was pretty fun! One of the eggs took us a while to find but most were relatively easy. We got a Tinker Bell/stars Vinylmation keyring (bf and I only purchased one map) that I picked out from underneath a green egg.

The hidden eggs also do not change locations by day so once you've seen spoilers, you know where they're always gonna be. Do they move them around at TDL?

• Munchings & Crunchings

At TDL they moved them around every month, and the event went on for 3 months, so they moved 3 times. I'll bet since DCA's is "limited time magic" that they might not move them, but who knows?

We did the egg hunt at Epcot today. It took us about an hour to complete. It was really fun and since we are passholders, it makes trips to the parks more fun when there is new stuff to do!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• North American Duffeteer

Something I want to share related to the event:

This is the newest commercial for the event.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• I love that tiny bear!

Naelyan, do they have the same eggs at Epcot?

Thanks, MikkiMausu99! I really like that video! Last year's seemed more like it was a small girl dreaming of adventuring with her Duffy. This one certainly has a broader range of ages and even genders.

Duffy and Shellie May for everyone!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah I like this yea'r commercial better too. More of a broader appeal.

I'm so jealous of one of my friends in Tokyo who has been to Spring Voyage 2 or 3 times already this week! She was also carrying SIX bears around with her (two 17" Duffys, two 17" Shellie Mays and one each of the new smiling Duffy & Shellie May). I thought just carrying around both of my bears was a pain but... SIX?

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Yeah I like this yea'r commercial better too. More of a broader appeal.

I'm so jealous of one of my friends in Tokyo who has been to Spring Voyage 2 or 3 times already this week! She was also carrying SIX bears around with her (two 17" Duffys, two 17" Shellie Mays and one each of the new smiling Duffy & Shellie May). I thought just carrying around both of my bears was a pain but... SIX?
    SIX?!?! Wow, I salute her skills and fortitude.

She's got one of the big Spring Voyage tote bags she's carrying some of them around in but... six?? I can't imagine.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Yeah, but how does she go on rides, or sit at a table or on a bench to eat or rest? How does she carry them all? Recalling DuffyD's Shopping Day adventure, I cannot imagine how she can manage to carry her personal stuff, her purchases, and six (6) bears. Even with a huge tote bag, not everyone is going to fit and constantly having to readjust and re-position the tote bag, to accommodate the additional weight and cumbersomeness, would irk me throughout the day. I know two (2) are "only" 12" bears, but carrying four (4) 17" bears is an endeavor in and of itself. I feel like at some point, someone would accidentally get left behind, even if only for a fleetingly brief moment, or that someone would fall out the bag. Plus, I feel like within an hour of arrival at the park or shortly after shopping at one (1) store, I'd be ready to just shove my tote full of bears in a locker and call it a day for the ones I couldn't carry. Whomever I felt like carrying would get to enjoy sharing the rest of the adventures with me. But eventually, I'd feel guilty and constantly have to swap bears. Your friend must have mad-crazy organizational skills.

• Happy Spring!

I know when I go, I carry as little as possible. Even a sweater in case it gets chilly becomes a resented item.

That's why I only usually bring just one bear with me to the parks (unless it's for something special). I try to pack as little as possible into whatever bag I'm using but it still ends up being too heavy sometimes and my shoulder is killing me by the end of the day. Over in Japan they'll carry a armful of bears with them and not think twice.

Eeee-va: Yes, they have some different eggs at Epcot. Figment, Perry the Platypus, Chip, Dale, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie. But from what I can tell, the "prizes" are the same!

I can't imagine carrying 6 bears, 2 is my limit! Thank goodness I live so close to the parks that we go quite a bit. It seems that more recently I have been taking both my bears with me, but if I just take one, it's usually Shellie May. The only downside to that is she gets a lot of attention, so sometimes it becomes a little annoying having to repeat myself all day. It's a lot easier talking with cast members. But some days I'm just not in the mood to talk to strangers.
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Journey On!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Naelyan, do they have the same eggs at Epcot?

Thanks, MikkiMausu99! I really like that video! Last year's seemed more like it was a small girl dreaming of adventuring with her Duffy. This one certainly has a broader range of ages and even genders.

Duffy and Shellie May for everyone!
    I only see women holding Duffy in that video, which I can't help taking kind of personally. They are very aware of me, I know. And I can think of at least three other men very quickly whom I've seen in the parks taking photos. The others all have more than one or two. There are more and more high school and junior high school boys with Duffy, too, who seem to have him cos they like him, not just cos their girlfriend made them pair up. Not having males in the commercial, especially after this week, feels like a particularly stinging slap in the face, although it doesn't include older people or "foreigners," either. A Spring Voyage ad that really pushed the idea of Duffy being loved by every demographic in every corner of the world would be really nice to see. And if it was actually animated, like Yumeko's life story, that would be really special. Different ages and races all in love with Duffy. I know it isn't personal, though. Just typical OLC limiting their focus to twentysomething ladies. If they marketed to men more, branded to men more, made it seem "normal" for men to want to go to TDR (as many males do, in groups of males, at all ages), more men would go. Unfortunately, their branding makes it feel effeminate to be "too" into Disney. Duffy the adventurer could fix that. Duffy, Mickey's klutzy sidekick or itty bitty baby son isn't the solution. I'm in a terrible funk. But the SV13 shopping is done. I guess that's good.

O.O Oh wow DuffyD I wouldn't have thought you'd be done the shopping already. I hope everything had gone ok. We all are so grateful for you.