Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

• when you wish...

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Has anyone heard if new CCC outfits will be released to coincide with Spring Voyage? I'll be so excited if they have another set!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I wish OLC would release all the Spring Voyage 2013 merchandise details! I would love to see pictures of the new ring charms. Hopefully, I can add a few new ones to my bracelet. I know I am definitely going to adopt a smiling Shellie May. In fact, Ive already decided that her name will be either May Ling, with May spelled either as is or as Mai, or Mai May Ling in case I cant part with either May or Mai. I cant decide, however, whether to get a smiling Duffy. I believe Mai/May Ling will be a great companion, size wise, to D.B. (my Pirates of the Caribbean Disney bear) since all his Disney bear/Duffy siblings are larger. I'm considering getting one of the smaller US Duffy bears, so I would have three (3) small Duffies and only one (1) small Shellie May. So to those Duffeteers who have one (1) or both smiling bears (although all Duffeteers are free to answer), my questions are do you feel that the two (2) better complement each other as a set? Or do you feel as if each bear can stand on his/her own? Do you regret only adopting Duffy or only adopting Shellie May? Advanced thanks for the input.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    So to those Duffeteers who have one (1) or both smiling bears (although all Duffeteers are free to answer), my questions are do you feel that the two (2) better complement each other as a set? Or do you feel as if each bear can stand on his/her own? Do you regret only adopting Duffy or only adopting Shellie May? Advanced thanks for the input.
    I only have Smiling Shellie May (and a couple US bears of the closest sizes to her to date). Of course the Spring Voyage Smiling Duffy and Smiling Shellie May would be a great set together. They're commemorative of Spring Voyage and would be so cute together! But, I like how my Smiling Shellie May compliments my American 12" US Duffy. She is substantially smaller than him, so I view them rather like a big brother/little sister. I LIKE that they aren't really the same at all--it makes me feel like they're more unique because they're a set but they're different, as opposed to the Smiling Bears that match each other so closely. I think part of that is that I enjoy contrasts, though, like two differing things coming together and interacting and somehow working. (Though on the other hand, sometimes seeing matched Duffy/Shellie items together can melt my heart. I haven't seen many.) Anyway, if you are more of a "matched set" person, you actually may not be happy unless you have both bears.

9" US Duffy is noticeably smaller than Smiling Shellie May (though not nearly as big a difference as the difference between 12" Duffy and Smiling Shellie May). I know I've said in the past that they were pretty close, but I'm looking at them side-by-side right now and my 9" Santa Duffy is smaller than I'd remembered! So my tendency would be to again view Smiling Shellie May as a mentor to the 9" Duffy. (Somehow the smaller a bear is, the more childish, until you reach magnet size, in which case they turn into irresponsible tiny adults. )

I DO think the 9" Duffy and Smiling Shellie May compliment each other well, but I think most people view Shellie May as being the same size as or even smaller than Duffy, so I can see where the size difference could be a deal-breaker. (The magnet bears seem to be the same size, so I view them more as being the same size; I understand the full-sized Shellie May plush is smaller than the full-sized Duffy, though.)

Smiling Shellie May hasn't interacted so much with Santa Duffy (who gets more love around Christmas) yet...though actually, a SPRING Shellie May with a WINTER Duffy is kind of a fun contrast.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I am getting excited reading through all the posts.
    I gave my daughter the Duffy and ShellieMay puppets today. She squealed with joy. So much so that my husband thought something was wrong.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 02-14-2013 at 08:30 PM.

The story, Greataur!

Here's the teensy little Spring Voyage update. It's a new piece of artwork, and Duffy gets to stand on his own two feet!^^

To me, it also looks more like Shellie is jumping than being carried here, so I'm happier.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-15-2013 at 06:18 AM.

DuffyDaisuki ; Those pictures are making me even more excited for Spring Voyage. I am so ready for it now! Haha.

Aww, dang! I had already seen this on the Tokyo Disney Blog! Oh well! Thanks for the update DuffyD!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

I see Shellie May as maybe even dancing or being swung around by Minnie...either way, she looks very much "alive" to me. Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I see Shellie May as maybe...being swung around by Minnie...
    I completely agree Eeee-va. She looks so happy!

• North American Duffeteer

Here is a Spring Voyage update:

A ton of new images showcasing the event's merchandise.

Here is the link, courtesy of TDR Asoblog.

ơޥѡ | ǥˡ꥾ de ֥

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Thank you, thank you, MikkiMausu!
    I am so excited.

• I love that tiny bear!

That suitcase purse (?) is amazing! And finally! Bear-sized cameras!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh lord...and I thought I was going to get away cheap this season...no! Love lots of this new stuff. The bear sized bags and cameras???? OH YES!!! And, the little Duffy-sized case with...sticker badges? And...a ShellieMay tote? Oh, so much...and this is just a tease mind you. There will be more. I'm surprised by how much yellow is in this year's costume design. Duffy's shoes for example. And, ShellieMay gets a bit more blue, which I like.

Oh, and can I just say, the graphic of Duffy pedaling the bike with ShellieMay being pulled behind is so adorable! I love it!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Ok, so within minutes of posting that I don't like Duffy in shorts, they release the PERFECT pair of shorts! So Cape Cod! Perfect with the CCC Spring jacket and they even have a belt, so I can finally get over the fact that I foolishly bought parts of that costume rather than the set - yay!^^ So, yeah, I'll be getting that...and someday hopefully have the skill to make that yellow stripe brown.

Next...Shellie's BLOOMERS! Wow and wonderful! Those bloomers will pair with SO MANY of Shellie's outfits to add the splash of blue that brings out her eyes. Great and GREAT! These bloomers are a big, big deal to me! And fortunately I prefer last year's shoes, so I don't have to buy extra sets again to get rid of the logo...

The big tote bags are so awesome that I'll probably buy them both if I can. I hope they don't sell out too fast, cos I'll have to split up the spending, but I truly love them. I'll actually use the blue one. The other one just for display, but they just look SO GOOD! I kinda wish I hadn't bought the little one last year, but oh well.

Unfortunately TDRdeASOBLOG never shows all of the merchandise (or prices) so we can't be sure if there's a bear-sized version of Shellie's duffel, but I'll definitely be getting Duffy's. Kinda makes me wish Shellie's had come with the mini version last year though, cos I'm guessing they didn't make one...

That camera bag is about 500,000 different kinds of AWESOME and Janell is gonna flip out! I love it, too, but my camera is way too big...but I think I just found the justification I needed for the large blue tote, so double ...or does that count as a triple, then?

I hope it's the same size as the sticker set below it because the detail on the camera bag will look much better with Duffy than the printed plastic sticker box...and I just realized that OLC does, in fact, take steps to price things at a variety of levels without creating the feeling of tiering. You can get the full-sized Duffy...or the badge...or the strap...dressed or not. You can get cookies...or candy. They do offer a wide selection so that everyone can have something according to their tastes and means. Nice. And they really win with this strategy of making lots of different products but at consistently high quality, because I often want everything! This sticker set is EXACTLY what I wanted last year, and it should not only be a good souvenir of Spring Voyage and Duffy, but of TDS itself. Big geekin' YAY!

I imagine the memo set will be priced between the camera bag and sticker set, and I really hope all are scaled to work with the plush. Hopefully there will be actual measurements in DisneyFAN when it releases 2/22...really envying the subscribers right now!

The "My Spring Voyage" trunk case pictured next is completely different from the thing pictured on the hotel website and so now I'm wondering what THIS is???:

I have to admit being a little disappointed that it's so big because I wanted it to go with the bears, but I guess they've got that covered... Now I really hope that camera case is to scale with the plush!

I also would have preferred that the trunk not be covered with stickers. I was hopeful that it would be like a blank canvas and I could control the design and change it up as I wanted, even adding other stickers if I chose to. This is a real disappointment, but since the stickers are reusable, I suppose I could always apply them to my own trunk that I get somewhere else. I'm happy to have the stickers in any case and really looking forward to playing this "easter egg" hunt in the park!^^

That shoulder bag and camera set for the bears is super cute, and it's cool that it's sold separately so that folks who decide to just keep the costumes they bought last year can still have these accessories. I hope they're less than ¥2000, though it's super detailed and the materials look fancy, so I'm nervous. ...And the fact that there's only one style kinda makes me wonder if we'll see Spring Voyage again next year with the same concept in a different colorway...? Impossible to know! I kinda hope not, though, cos two popcorn buckets is just right. A third year means having one bucket too many, and I prefer "just right."

The spoon+fork set blows last year's away and is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! And I am OVERJOYED that the tray this year eliminates the Mouses entirely. Woot! Woot!

Well, those are my thoughts on what we can see so far...and there's still so much more to come!

• Munchings & Crunchings

So, that is a camera tote then? the thing with the long strap? Could it...fit a smartphone?

It is a little annoying that TDRasoblog leaves out parts of the magazine. I can see other merchandise, and I want to see it too, LOL! Also, prices. Are there other blogs that post the whole thing?

I'm guessing that the "Cape Cod Blossoms" is the separate "gardening" theme that they mentioned early on. It's limited to just Cape Cod. They actually started that theme last year too, on several items, like the picnic mat, and luncheon sets. Maybe it is expanded this year? At least the graphic is different. Last year it was Duffy and ShellieMay in a rowboat, this year they're on a bike.

I do hope that the bear-sized bags & cameras are reasonably priced. I can't imagine they'll be over 2,000...at least I hope not!

I agree with you that with all these different lines of merchandise, there is something for everyone, at every price point.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast