Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Whoa! I certainly didn't expect to be posting this so soon!

OLC Press Release (Japanese)

March 18~June 30, 2013

The shows are all the same, so I won't describe them. A bit disappointing; I hope the soundtrack has instrumental versions.

A major new component, though, will be the "My Spring Voyage" Experience Program. I finally decided both to get some Japanese help and attempt to read sections of the original Japanese, and I think I understand this much better - and it is AWESOME!

Guests can buy a My Spring Voyage Experience Program for ¥1300. I can't understand really if this thing is a paper book shaped like Mickey's trunk or an actual case... In any case, similar to the 2012 Log Book, it will include a map, but this map will actuallly be used to give clues to find trunks (as park decorations) in Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, and Arabian Coast. The Experience Program also contains stickers, which will match the trunks at the various locations. You'll go there, see the sticker on the trunk, put your sticker in that location on your map, and try to spot them all, like an easter egg hunt.

Then take your completed map back to one of the three Goal locations at Tower of Terror Memorabilia, Il Postino Stationery, or Agrabah Marketplace. The grand prize for collecting them all is a MICKEY-SHAPED LUGGAGE TAG that can be personalized with your own name!!! It's unclear if you just have the opportunity to write the name in yourself or if this is actually customized and imprinted in some way. Janell, I know you'll want this, as will others probably, but this sounds like a lot of time and work (they will most likely have a rule that one person can only do one at a time), so I'm likely to ask people to give ¥500~1000 for jumping through hoops to get these.

And I just remembered that they'll probably do those Ring Charms again... Absolutely no changes will be accepted on those, I just have to say up front. No adding or subtracting. No changes at all on customizable items. I just started to panic a little...... Still, I think it's wonderful that you don't just "buy" the luggage tag; they really made the effort to make it into something very special, and that you can actually use when you travel forever, always feeling the magical memories of the Voyage.

The Spring Voyage Experience Program will be right at the center of the entire event, and according to a Hotel representative this morning, the stickers will be reusable so that you can move 'em around on your Program again and again, but I don't swear to that yet. I think it's extremely likely, though, because there are special stickers that you can only get by dining in restaurants or staying at Miracosta, as follows:

Miracosta (Duffy Special Room Guests)
    S.S. Columbia Dining Room (Spring Voyage Special Course Menu Diners)...probly gonna have to get a friend to eat this!^^
    Oceano (Buffet Diners, 4 total...Lunch/Dinner, 2 Periods (3/18~5/10,5/10~6/30)

There will be lots of new decorations, including what sounds like more eggs with the bonnets in New York, and perhaps more of the small Duffy and ShellieMay made of flowers. I'm glad to see that; that concept was underdeveloped last year, I thought.

There will also be a camera case (although that's a passport case pictured below) and a (much larger?) tote bag based on Mickey's trunk, plus...

THEY (probably) LISTENED TO US!!!

"In addition to the Spring Voyage-themed costumes, Duffy and ShellieMay will enjoy the theme of Spring in Cape Cod, with gardening and flowers." It says "100 kinds of goods," but it's not clear to me if this is just for Spring in Cape Cod or for both events. But...WOW!!!...Duffy and Shellie will still have their own thing going on in Cape Cod!!! To me, this all sounds very much like at least four costumes...but at this point, take that with a healthy dousing of salt.

As for menu items, there will be a new tray, as well as several menu items. And there will be another popcorn bucket WITH MINI-BUCKET!!! I can't wait to see the new bucket(s)!^^

And, YES, the Miracosta will have special rooms again! This time, the special gift will be...

...I mean, it's just TOO fluffing awesome!!!...

Duffy-sized Miracosta bathrobes and slippers and "spa bags" (These are sized for small amenities, NOT to carry the bears^^), plus the special room key design and other originally designed goods, including, apparently, special room-only stickers for the "My Spring Voyage" Experience Program and some kind of tea(?). Wow...WOW!!!

Spring Voyage 2013 Miracosta site is ALREADY UP!!!

It sounds like the case you get for "My Spring Voyage" Experience Program will be similar to the case pictured there on the site, but that is not certain.

This Hotel Press Release (Japanese) helped clarify some things:

There will be 8 lanyard accessories total for COURSE diners. 6 for lunch, and 2 for dinner. 3 restaurants, 2 periods. My guess is the dinner one will be the same for all restaurants, but different for each period, though I don't know that for sure.

Oceano will offer 4 stickers instead of the lanyards for BUFFET diners: Lunch, Dinner, 2 Periods.

Getting a complete set of the stickers for the My Spring Voyage Experience will be neither easy nor cheap!

You can also see both bears' new Spring Voyage costumes at the bottom of the page. Duffy's looks basically the same, but instead of cream with blue accent, it's a lighter robin's egg blue with cream accent. I'll be buying it just to see it with brown pants! I have to admit to kinda wishing I'd skipped Shellie's last year now, though, as this new dress just SLAMS last year's. I just hope they make it in a nice, soft, light, feminine material. That shiny material last year was a misstep in hindsight, I think. This year's looks to be a stunner. But many will probably feel relieved that the costumes are so similar they don't "need" to get the new ones. I just hope Duffy's pants are significantly different and Shellie's material is more demure and flatteringly cut.

And here are a few merchandise photos, from dpost.jp:

I wish Minnie wasn't holding Shellie in the key visual...
    but I the Mediterranean Harbor decal...it's new, right?

This is a passport case, but I hope they make cases like this for
    iPhone4 and 5 - I'll buy both cos I'll upgrade someday, right?

This year's duffel features Mickey, which I bet will be a divisive move
    that some people will really love and others, not so much.
    This one is also just a small pouch, not a bear carrier.
    There's speculation that it may even be "bear-sized,"
    in which case, I hope they offer Shellie's red one, too.
    I'm relieved the Miracosta gift is completely different.

ing the blue in Mickey's and Duffy's ensembles.
    No way I'll buy a Mickey since I'll be getting Duffy's again, but I do like it!^^

I also really love how Minnie's dress looks.
    If Shellie's has ribbons like that, I'm sold on the satin!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-12-2012 at 03:38 AM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

OMG I so want this!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, the merchandise shown looks so similar to last year that I feel confident in skipping it. That group graphic on the bag is not new. Well, I mean the poses and costumes are new, but last year's bag had the same kind of large character graphic on one side too.

The duffel bag looks...smaller? Not sure, but again, it's so close I don't need it.

The Miracosta robe for Duffy though??? I have to have that! That's so perfect. It could also be for Shellie, since it's just like the human-sized robes.

What's really going to be great is the "Cape Cod" line that just focuses on the bears. I can't wait to see what that will look like!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Yeah, I didn't really read the dpost post. That duffel IS smaller. It's just a pouch, and just ¥1900. I remember the duffel being over ¥3000 last year...

It's not just the main graphic that's different on the tote, though. I don't remember that Mediterranean Harbor stamp looking like that. Could just be my memory, though. I kinda don't remember the Electric Railway one, either...

I think it's great that all the new Duffy fans who missed Spring Voyage can get stuff this year - especially the mini-popcorn buckets! I really can't wait to see those. And I'll also be glad if there's plenty I can pass on. Cos if there's a lot of the decal stuff and items like that passport case, I'll have too much other stuff to buy. Plus, a full-fledged separate Cape Cod release. Wow!^^

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I am with gurgi, I am not going to need to buy new bags, but I am fine with that since I will be so busy buying the 30th Anniversary stuff. I adore the Duffy Robe, wish we could purchase it :-(

Thanks for posting, I am so excited to experience Spring Voyage in person next year!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Well this is nice advanced warning to start saving now. At least I can decide later what not to get (other than everything.) Duffy's turning out to be the male Carrie Bradshaw in the household.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I didn't get any of the Spring Voyage stuff last year, so maybe I'll look into it more this year. Maybe one of the bags at least. We'll see!

• Adventures with Duffy

Cute stuff. I'm okay with it being like last years but with new product. Is the duffle bag in Duffy size? Like how the pop corn container was last year?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Oh, Janell... You're an evil GENIUS! I think you just might be right, and if you are, I hope they make a Shellie one too, cos I want them both! Durnit!! Well I'm definitely not getting the big tote again!^^

• Adventures with Duffy

The size of the tag compaired to the bag is why I think it's Duffy size, which is soo cool. They will make one for Shellie May too even if it's not this year.

Is the blue bag with the patches the same as last years?

D
    uffeteer

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    ...I adore the Duffy Robe, wish we could purchase it :-(

Thanks for posting, I am so excited to experience Spring Voyage in person next year!
    If you're coming all the way here, why not splurge on the Miracosta, even just for one night? Could you do that and maybe even stay at the cheapest hotel you can find around the Resort? It might work out to the same. For what you get, Miracosta is totally worth it. I thought so last year, but even moreso this year!^^

• Adventures with Duffy

How pricey is Mira Costa for a Duffy room? Is there a cheaper time to travel during the event?

D
    uffeteer

• Munchings & Crunchings

Janell, I thought the same thing about the duffel. In relation to the tag, it might be bear-sized. If so...maybe I do need it, LOL!

The large blue tote is very similar to last years. Yes, the Mediterranean Harbor patch is a new design. The Electric Railway patch was on the other bag, I believe. So there are some old and some new on there. Overall, it looks very, very similar.

• Adventures with Duffy

Gurgi, Great Duffy minds think a like. lol Yeah when I first saw the bag, I was thinking yeah I dont need to get that. Now that its Duffy Size, I think its a must for him. My Duffy loves his popcorn container.

Im glad they brought back the blue tote as its so cute. Since its simular and I got last years I can put my spending money somewhere else. Which is why I like that they added to last years so you can have a whole collection with out having to buy it all at once.

I too hope they do iPhone 4 and 5 cases. I love the one they did last year.

D
    uffeteer

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    OMG I so want this!!
    Why is an eye shadow palate next to it?

Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast