Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Sweet Duffy 2013 1/14~3/14

THANK YOU for the translation! Aren't the cookies ¥1200, though?

(I have not been fixating on the Japanese page trying to decide what I want. I HAVE NOT. )

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, I think the molds are really cool and special. I make home made chocolates with molds quite a bit so I think OLC giving ideas on what to make in the molds is something extra special. I wish more guest in the states liked Duffy because it would be cool to make them and share.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks, Eeee-va. Fixed it!

Oh wow, talk about a tough decision! I had a short list based on the descriptions and that went toally out the window! So much awesomeness I had a tough time choosing which items were a must have

It is all so wonderful and delicious! Oh how I wish we could take a trip to visit in person, one day we will

Now I will have to wait patiently until the package arrives
    Thanks again DuffyD

Photos from Flickr

• Munchings & Crunchings

So...much....good...stuff!! Wow, I really need to make decisions on what I really need and is practical, versus what I just want, LOL.

The chocolate mold is really amazing, and the fact that they are giving recipes freely is so great! Sure, we have all kinds of Mickey kitchen items available to create whatever we want, but this seems different somehow. Like DuffyD said, this is the basic bear molds, so we can really create our own chocolates just like the ones they release. It gives the industrious fans something to really create authentic Duffy products at home. They may have even cut some of their candy revenue because of this, but they did it anyway. It's like a fanservice gift. I also think that the "Duffy head" bags they've done the last few years have been fanservice too, since Japanese fans were creating those and selling them. The OLC team obviously knows what the fan community is doing, and the chocolate mold seems to acknowledge them/us.

Sweet Duffy 13 was so amazing! I was too excited to sleep properly last night, and then this morning, trying to choose and get my wish list off and not be late to work! Well, I was only a bit late!! This is my first time as a wish lister and I am so excited to see the lovely things! As are my ShellieMay and Duffy! I am looking forward to many happy hours here on the Duffy forum. Thank you again.

Just wanted to say Thank You to DuffyDaisuki for making this possible. This if my first time making a list and to say I'm excited is an understatement!!! I just sent my list and now all I have to do is wait

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's all so cute! I love the strirrers. Could use them for my morning coffee. Sadly can't participate this time around.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Sweet Duffy 2013 1/14~3/14

SWEET DUFFY 2013

I wish I could make yummy chocolates.

Sure you can!

Do you think everybody'll enjoy these?

These are for our friends!
    Hope everyone can be happy!

What I really love is that there are no Mouses anywhere. Sweet Duffy fully belongs to the bears this time. This is probably another part of why I'm so excited. This is the very first Duffy story to have absolutely no cameos by Mickey, Minnie or other Disney characters. They really get to just be on their own.

The other thing I love is how well I think it represents the spirit and process of the Japanese design team. They want to put out something great, that's STEP 1. That's where it begins. Then they believe in each other and themselves and work to produce something, wondering if it's really good enough and hoping that it will be. Then they release it with flourish and love, hoping that it will make their fans happy.

I also love it because these official translations strongly suggest that there isn't a native English speaker on the team! I love the cute vibe of these and the "something slightly off" structures and flow. It makes me feel like that's something like the way Duffy and Shellie sound when they speak. All of these phrases are on the memo pad and gift tag cards. I just blew up the images and I had already done my own translations, so I knew that's what these were.

And from a gender perspective, I love that Duffy's the one all into baking and Shellie's basically just lending moral support. Duffy's so "in the zone" making his sweets that he twinkles with pixie dust and Shellie just beams in loving approval - fantastic!

I love both of these characters more because of this very simple story and the masterful way it connects with both the merchandise line-up and the real world. This team is GENIUS! I wish I knew who they are and I could praise them properly. I am so grateful for their work, and for their intention to take something that could just be about money (cos heaven knows they're making truckloads) and infuse it with the very best of their artistry, heart, and soul. Thank you Duffy Team, whoever you are, and thank you OLC, for all the ways that you have given me back Disney. Now if only you would make it easier for me to eat...

I absolutely love that cute little story. The Duffy team continues to amaze me with so many lovely products and how they put there heart into Duffy and Shellie May. Without them these bears wouldn't be as popular as they are. I love the direction the team is going with not featuring Minnie, Mickey, or any other Disney characters. Really gives Duffy and Shellie May a chance to shine on their own. :]

oh no!!i totally miss out the chance to join the Sweet Duffy D List!! I just saw the post today! I am so so so lateeeeee....i really like the silicone case! its perfect!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I love the sweet, simple story. It's certainly far from complex, but it gets the message across. I love that it's just Duffy and ShellieMay creating all by themselves. Shellie as Duffy's cheer squad is cute. She just tells him "Sure you can!", and proceeds to watch him with admiration. I'll bet she'll eat some of his efforts too! To me, ShellieMay will be there to clean up Duffy's messes...well, after she's helped him make them sometimes.

The awkward English has always been there, and it's part of the Duffy charm that I love. It's quaint, and not really wrong, just...different. Like "A cupful of cute, a spoonful of sweet". "Duffy Brings Love", "Home Sweet Christmas", "Sweets for two, and two for fun", etc. I like how American they try to make it seem, and often they get it better than we might here. It's heartfelt.

Quote Originally Posted by trixieBear View Post
    oh no!!i totally miss out the chance to join the Sweet Duffy D List!! I just saw the post today! I am so so so lateeeeee....i really like the silicone case! its perfect!!

If you look on ebay you can actually pre-order some of the Sweet Duffy things. They are alittle more expensive then what DuffyDaisuki is offering. However, if you do want some of those things that is the next place to look. ^.^

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Ok yeah..I will take all of the above!!...K thanks! Bye!

lol nice Clara XD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast