Re: Sweet Duffy 2013 1/14~3/14

Cute story! love the graphics!

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

thanks for your suggestion. i guess that is the only way... but i still secretly hope that there is a second time of sweet duffy order like the spring vovage :P

• Adventures with Duffy

I'm doubt there will be a second shopping day as its a lot of work to do a shopping day and this is something DuffyD does in his off time. He has a regular job.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

Also, Sweet Duffy is a shorter event, only lasting until March 14th. It's a little over a month long, so there is less time for a second trip, and most items will not be restocked. Spring Voyage is a much longer event, running 3 months, so there's more time.

I missed another shopping trip and will have to buy my Sweet Duffy on ebay... I don't get to spend as much time here as I'd like to but I will MAKE time so I can join the next shopping trip.

Also, and I realize this is a stupid question, but what does OLC stand for?

Thanks everyone for sharing your love of all things Duffy with me!

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Also, and I realize this is a stupid question, but what does OLC stand for?
    Oriental Land Company. They operate the Tokyo parks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Also, Sweet Duffy is a shorter event, only lasting until March 14th. It's a little over a month long, so there is less time for a second trip, and most items will not be restocked. Spring Voyage is a much longer event, running 3 months, so there's more time.
    January 14 to March 14 is TWO months (don't forget that little month between them called February).

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I guess I forgot it started earlier this year. I'm used to previous events from 2/14 to 3/14. This one is longer, yup! But Spring Voyage is still even longer than that.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

SD13 Silicone Mold ¥1200 (to make Duffy and Shellie-shaped chocolates or ice cubes!)*
    Or even Jello.

I'm considering a second shopping trip because there is so much interest. I won't plan it seriously until the current Care Packages go out, but don't go to eBay right away. It's very likely to happen, and there will likely be five people.^^

And, yes, you could certainly use that incredible mold for jelly treats! As a bonus, since you're making it yourself, you can use agar-agar and not have to consume gelatin processed from boiled horse bones and rejected leather skins!

Yay! Maybe a second shopping trip for Sweet Duffy! I will be watching closely so I don't miss this one! Thanks so much DuffyD!

• I love that tiny bear!

My favorite thing about the story is how it makes the reader a part of it. Duffy and Shellie May aren't making chocolates to bring Mickey and Minnie together. They're making chocolates for their friends. And the way they smile out at us, I must assume that they mean WE are their friends! (Reading up on Japanese Valentine's Day, I saw mention of people giving chocolate out of duty or out of friendship (or love)...if that's applicable here, it is very nice of Duffy and Shellie May to want to give chocolate to us as their friends. )

I like "cheerleader" Shellie May too. My Smiling Spring Voyage Shellie May has a personality a bit like that, except I think mine is a touch younger and always acts like she just ate her weight in sugar. I think that's neat though, because my Smiling Shellie May's personality was inspired by the Spring Voyage ones we saw, so I got to hear and see her personality through YouTube videos. I think we (the fans who haven't visited the parks) are starting to get a sense of what she's like as a bear.

Anyway, the story makes me glad I asked for the memo pad!

I loved the items themselves! Just a ton of beautiful things. The silicone molds are a must-have for anyone who ever cooks sweets, or ever WANTED to. Or anyone who makes ice. LOL

I almost bought the goody bags, which are a great deal, but I actually have 2 packs of WALL-E goody bags I've never used so I can't justify it. My mom likes Duffy (maybe bordering on love) and I have another friend with a mild interest and that's about it.

My toughest decision in this wishlist, I think, was figuring out which smartphone jack charm to get! Waving Duffy (I love waving Duffy so much) or sweet/heartful-looking Shellie May. I finally decided on the latter because she just looks ready to reach out and possibly hug you.

• when you wish...

If there's a second trip I'd like to participate. I clearly missed the first round of Sweet Duffy.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• You have much to learn...

God, I've really been out of the loop lately. I haven't checked micechat in over a month now- I didn't think Sweet Duffy started so early- I have been so crazy at work I hardly have time to check things out- Looks like they have some pretty good things this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    My favorite thing about the story is how it makes the reader a part of it. Duffy and Shellie May aren't making chocolates to bring Mickey and Minnie together. They're making chocolates for their friends. And the way they smile out at us, I must assume that they mean WE are their friends!
    YES!

Check out these great photos of the merchandise and decorations on the M24 blog!

And for those wanting a second trip, I've 99.99% decided it will happen. Just let me get this first one finished. It should be announced before 2/14. The next one will be the last one, though, so keep your eyes on MiceChat and stay active!^^

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast