Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Disney Store exclusive Duffy merchandise?

Thanks everyone for the photos. I just went to a Disney store close by and they had no Duffys! I'm not sure why they didn't. I was in a hurry other wise I would have asked.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Oh, Aimster....why must you be so creative? I had purposely stayed away from the Smallfrys and their clothes at BAB. Not any more! Your tiny Duffy looks adorable.

Thanks to everyone for sharing pics of their various stores and displays.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Oh, Aimster....why must you be so creative? I had purposely stayed away from the Smallfrys and their clothes at BAB. Not any more! Your tiny Duffy looks adorable.
    Yeah I was just looking around because I had a coupon for a free accessory (which I didn't use), glanced at the SmallFrys stuff and the lightbulb suddenly went off. They had a few cute boy outfits but this one I liked the best.

Where is the dislike button for Aimster? I am already broke from Duffy and a Shellie May I don't even own yet. Small fry clothes for chibi Duffy? Ain't nobody got money for that!

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I just went at lunch and I am sad, disappointed and a tad bit angry! The Duffy items were on the very back wall of the store stuffed amongst all the stuffed animals. I figured since this is at the Florida Mall in Orlando, one of the main hubs for tourists, they would have had a better display.
    Attachment 27228
    Wow, Naelyan, that display is terrible! It looks like they literally hung Duffy out to dry or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    As Aimster said, they did not have the 36" Duffy in store. I asked about him, and they had not gotten any of that size. I wonder if they will ever have it.
    I doubt they will. You, aimster, and tenchikiss have all confirmed the absence of the 36" Duffy plush. If gurgi doesn't see them at the Disney Store in Times Square, then we can pretty much assume Disney only wants to sell the 36" plush online although I don't understand why. What's worse is that he's completely sold out online. I just don't understand how his stock could have been exhausted so quickly unless Disney didn't produce and release a lot due to a lack of faith in sales, scalpers bought all of them to sell on ebay, or both. I guess we'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Oh and... DISCOVERY! I had to go to Build A Bear to pick up some bear cleaner for a friend for his Duffy and.... I started looking at the clothes for the SmallFrys line and got an idea. I took one of my little Duffys out of the bag & held an outfit up to him and it looked like it would fit, so I got it. Well.... Yeah it fits! I am so screwed.
    Don't worry about it, aimster. I'm sure you're not the only one who is/will be screwed by your discovery. I'm at buildabear.com and I only planned to purchase the Harajuku Hugs Hoodie and Navy Striped Hoodie for Shellie May and Duffy, respectively, but somehow a few SmallFrys accessories have already wound up in my basket...and I can't even purchase an 8" Duffy from my local Disney Store because it hasn't even reopened yet. I never cared for Duffies smaller than 12", but I will admit that I am tempted.

HA! Yeah I know. it's one of the very few surviving original look stores. And all the animations in the scenes along the top still work too. There's another Disney Store in Tampa that's the newer concept with the projection trees. It's dark in there... I don't care for it much.
    My Disney Store also had the original look, but I guess they're transitioning to the "concept" store look when they reopen in spring.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I'm very curious what my store will look like when I visit tomorrow. It's a super busy location, and one of the new "concept" stores they've been rolling out over the last few years with the projection trees and stuff. But it's all a bit chaotic in there, so I wonder if they will also cram Duffy into the plush wall.
    I hope your store doesn't do what Naelyan's store does. Oh, and would you be able to take pictures of not only the Duffy display, but also of the interior of your concept store? My store is transitioning away from the old look, similar to aimster's Disney Store, to what I assume is the new, "concept" look. I would like to know what I can expect.

UPDATE: The 36" plush is back in stock!! I'd like to think my inquiry about the 36" plush selling out within hours alerted them of their error, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by ZTRinZler; 02-13-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Disney updated their store

• Minion

Hm, naked 12" Duffys, how odd. Wonder if that means they'll make some separate outfits that size, but I doubt it. They can barely make outfits for the crown jewel that is the 17" Duffy. Also, naked 12" looks squishier and cuddlier than the usually overstuffed pre-dressed ones, but that waffle fur, ick!

The 8" ones are actually quite cute. Had I known they were going to come out with something like that, I might not have gotten the keychain bear. I like how he's portable without being too small, because quite honestly I'm tired of lugging my 12" bears to DL and have decided to just keep them home from now on. But the 8" seems easier to carry and the fact that he fits Small Fry outfits would make him perfect for me. I've found some little shirts for my keychain Duffy but they can't compare to the cuteness of Small Fry clothing!

Also, I really miss the old Disney Store from the 80s and 90s. I was excited when they announced the "new concept" Disney store because I thought it would be more like the old days where the Disney Store was like an extension of the parks and there was stuff for everyone. But, it's just more of the same...filled with plastic toys and kids clothes with a TEEEENY tiny section in the back with a few pieces of adult clothing and coffee mugs. Incredibly disappointing.

So I looked in my bag from Disney Store and found a coupon for a Friends & Family event that starts tomorrow through Feb 18... 25% off your entire purchase in-store or online (use code DISNEYPAL at checkout online). UGH! Figures. Well, there's a Bambi t-shirt I really like there, so I'll just use the discount on that.

So I looked in my bag from Disney Store and found a coupon for a Friends & Family event that starts tomorrow through Feb 18... 25% off your entire purchase in-store or online (use code DISNEYPAL at checkout online). UGH! Figures. Well, there's a Bambi t-shirt I really like there, so I'll just use the discount on that.
    I got one of those coupons last week and on the back it says you can't use it for Duffy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    I got one of those coupons last week and on the back it says you can't use it for Duffy stuff.
    But I can get that Bambi shirt at a discount so... no big.

Ok... And now for size comparison:

From L-R: Duffy strap from HKDL, magnet, keychain, new min non-beanbag, 12" bear, 17" bear & 28" bear:

• Munchings & Crunchings

"Duffy is King of the chibi duffys. This is when the sales lady came over and started talking to me, asking me if I bought Duffy at Build a Bear."

OMG, sometimes all I can do is shake my head at things like this! Yeah, it makes total sense that Duffy came from Build-a-Bear when he's selling right there at the Disney Store...

Oh and... DISCOVERY! I had to go to Build A Bear to pick up some bear cleaner for a friend for his Duffy and.... I started looking at the clothes for the SmallFrys line and got an idea. I took one of my little Duffys out of the bag & held an outfit up to him and it looked like it would fit, so I got it. Well.... Yeah it fits! I am so screwed.

OMG Aimster!!! Why did you do this to us???? That's just so cute, and now I have to go buy mini-Duffy and do that too. He looks great in those overalls.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post

OMG, sometimes all I can do is shake my head at things like this! Yeah, it makes total sense that Duffy came from Build-a-Bear when he's selling right there at the Disney Store...

OMG Aimster!!! Why did you do this to us???? That's just so cute, and now I have to go buy mini-Duffy and do that too. He looks great in those overalls.
    Oh I would have looked at the CM and said, "REALLY??" while gesturing to the Duffys RIGHT THERE IN THE STORE. Wow the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

And... It just happened! It was like *DING! IDEA!* And the best part is my 17" Duffy has an outfit just like it so they can be twinsies!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    I hope your store doesn't do what Naelyan's store does. Oh, and would you be able to take pictures of not only the Duffy display, but also of the interior of your concept store? My store is transitioning away from the old look, similar to aimster's Disney Store, to what I assume is the new, "concept" look. I would like to know what I can expect..
    Sure, I'll try. It's usually a madhouse in there...it is in the heart of Times Square after all. But hopefully I can get pictures. I have to say I had higher hopes for the concept too, after all the hype. It's not nearly as interactive as they said it would be. It's mostly cosmetic...the store itself is still a giant toy store with little for adults to do.

• Adventures with Duffy

Cute Aimster, love the overalls. BaB should do a Duffy line in all the different sizes, I think it would do well with Duffy being sold in the Disney Stores and heck if Disney isnt going to do clothing then someone should.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I felt so awkward when she asked me that as I thought she was going to comment about me taking pictures. But then after I registered what she said I said no I bought him at Downtown Disney. She said oh I thought maybe Build a Bear started carrying Duffy too since they have so much over there.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    I felt so awkward when she asked me that as I thought she was going to comment about me taking pictures. But then after I registered what she said I said no I bought him at Downtown Disney. She said oh I thought maybe Build a Bear started carrying Duffy too since they have so much over there.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast