Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Surfin the net with Duffy

TDR 3oth Anniversary Happiness is Here outfit!

Nothing to special, but I will still buy it!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: TDR 3oth Anniversary Happiness is Here outfit!

Thanks, Travis!

Duffy's isn't the tux that I expected, so my reaction is the total opposite of what I expected: I crazy all kinds of LOVE Shellie's to a degree I never imagined!!! This is up there with Halloween Daydream, Cape Cod Carolers and Sweet Duffy 2011+12 as one of my ultimate favorites for her.

In contrast, Duffy's is this kind of childish thing again that doesn't really work for me. I'm thinking I might it, though, with shiny red pants and maybe a shiny red jacket. Only problem is that I how well those shorts are made, just like Spring Voyage last year…but I kinda wish they weren't shorts…

My favorite thing about both is a surprise I totally hadn't anticipated (though in hindsight I can't imagine why) — these could be their FUNDERFUL DISNEY outfits!!! I Funderful, as it's the Tokyo Disney Resort Fan Club. They offer so many great things for just 3000/year.^^ I have wanted official Funderful outfits for years, and Shellie's is everything I could hope for. Duffy's…is not bad, but not what I was expecting. Does BAB make a red satin jacket and pants??? Or gold? Gold would work, too. Hm…

And, of course, I'm a bit frustrated by the 30th logo on the shoes, but I totally expected it, so I'll deal.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow! Wasn't expecting these so early. Thanks, Travis! And...as usual, I agree completely with DuffyD. I think I was expecting a tux for Duffy and dress for ShellileMay. So, Duffy's is a shock, because it's so childish, but still it's cute. ShellieMay's is great though, because A) it's YELLOW, yay!! and B) it's an adorable look. I love how they finally put a bow on her that's tilted, and the red heart at the center is cute. For SO long, I've wanted them to make a yellow dress...or anything really, for her, and this is it. It's not gold either, which I was hoping it wouldn't be. Oh, and DuffyD, I thought of Funderful Disney too, since that color scheme matches so perfectly with the 30th colors, red & gold. I'm not sure why Duffy's shorts and shoes are silver though, they could have easily made them red or even gold...but...I'll of course buy both of them anyway, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I'm not sure why Duffy's shorts and shoes are silver though, they could have easily made them red or even gold...but...I'll of course buy both of them anyway, LOL!
    I was kinda thinking the same thing... Silver is used on the 30th costumes, like red, as an accent color, but it's a little much. Still, like you, I'm almost definitely gonna buy Duffy's too, simply because I will find a way to make it work as Funderful and I'm ABSOLUTELY getting Shellie's (counting the days!) and will want his to complete the set!

I am totally throwing the emoji like confetti tonight...sorry gang, I'm just super excited. After all this stress about WDC Duffy, it is so nice to see what's coming in just a few weeks! I'm so happy it starts early this year!

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Thank you, TravisMT81, for posting this. I'm more partial to Shellie May's outfit than Duffy's, but I guess it would be crazy for me to only buy Shellie May's outfit and not Duffy's. Eh. I too, gurgi, am thankful both outfits are not gold. Do these outfits remind anyone else of Sam's camper's uniform and Suzy's yellow dress from Moonrise Kingdom?

Duffy looks like a Japanese elementary schoolboy haha. But ShellieMay's costume is so cute! Love the princess sleeves and red ribbon on her top.

Edit: And she gets a pair of yellow bloomers!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Not crazy about Duffy's costume, but Shellie's is adorable. She looks good in yellow. Any idea how much these are going to cost?

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's covered up under the TDRasoblog watermark, but it looks like they will be 3900 each.

I think Duffy's outfit is weird that it's yellow/gold on top and silver on bottom. I think it would have been better had the colors been mixed a little better. But it's still cute! And the shorts remind me of the one's from the TDS sailor outfit. I will be getting both no matter what! Like I said in another thread, I am gonna be so broke!!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I think Duffy's outfit is weird that it's yellow/gold on top and silver on bottom. I think it would have been better had the colors been mixed a little better...
    I agree. It makes me feel a little bit like the Halloween ladybugs last year that I did not buy. If it wasn't adaptable into Funderful, I'm not sure I would get it. But it is, so I will. I dunno exactly what I'll use those shorts for, though...

I opted out on last years Halloween outfits as well! I just didn't like the ladybugs. Instead, Duffy was a werewolf and Shellie May was a witch! (From BaB of course!)
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I dunno exactly what I'll use those shorts for, though...
    Tin Man or robot costume? Actually, they MIGHT (key word "might") be able to work as part of some sort of steampunk-esque ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    ...Actually, they MIGHT (key word "might") be able to work as part of some sort of steampunk-esque ensemble.
    You make me love you more every day!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

DuffyD, I'll check BAB next Tuesday to see if they have any satin items. ILG

Really cute outfits! I have to admit that I like both of them, though I agree the color choices for Duffy's are a bit odd and it would have been really cute if they made him a tux. The sailor shorts are adorable though.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast