Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got my own Duffy from Japan!

My husband surprised me by getting me a Japanese Duffy for my birthday! He is from eBay and he arrived today. This is my first time seeing Duffy in person and I am in love. He's so soft and cuddly and I love how his fur feels, it's very woolly and doesn't have that gross, cheap, shiny quality that a lot of stuffed animals nowadays have. He feels like a lamb Overall, a VERY nice quality teddy bear! He is sitting with me here as I type. I'd love to share photos but Duffy doesn't have any clothes yet and he says it's okay to be "bear" naked at home, but not in pictures that will be posted online! My husband also apparently placed a small order for Build a Bear clothes so that should arrive soon and then I can share photos!

Of course I'm curious about whether my Duffy really came from Tokyo Disney Sea. He came with a small keychain Duffy (SO cute!) and both bears have tush tags that say "Tokyo Disney Sea" and big Duffy was made in Vietnam while the tiny one was made in China. Both have bigger yellow Duffy the Disney Bear tags (big Duffy on his ear and tiny Duffy hanging from the keychain) that are in a little plastic slip, then there's a cardboard tag attached with Japanese writing. They both also came in Tokyo Disney Sea shopping bags- tiny Duffy got his own little bitty bag Sound authentic to you all?

I've been playing traditional Japanese music since I took the Duffys out of their box so they feel a bit more at home!

Edit: I posted some pictures of him in a little farther down the page!
    Last edited by FluffyDuffy; 02-26-2013 at 03:34 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: I got my own Duffy from Japan!

Until you post photos, we can't go on description alone. But what you're saying sounds right so far.

I WANNA SEE PHOTOS!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Those sound 100% legit to me, FluffyDuffy. Congratulations!

Okay, Aimster! I explained to Duffy that it's alright to have pictures of him without clothes and reminded him that bears out in the wild don't wear clothing. So here he is, along with tiny Duffy!

What do you all think? I swear he's cuter in person, the bad lighting doesn't do him any favors. His fur does not look at all shiny in person. Oh and don't mind the Christmasy blanket, we live in Alaska and have snow on the ground 7 months of the year so figure our snowflake and mittens blanket is fine to have out until the snow melts!

My Duffy has already been on a couple of adventures! First he was purchased in Tokyo, then he flew to Hawaii and lived there for a while before he climbed into a box with Tiny Duffy, a box of cookies and some pineapple, and made the journey to his permanent home here in Alaska! He says he loves to go on adventures but is ready to relax a bit now.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Looks authentic, and I guess he was bought during Halloween.

Welcome Duffy! Have fun in Alaska with your new Mom! And keep "beary" warm!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Oh he has a CUTE face! And naked Duffys are just as cute as clothed ones. My Duffy celebrates his own holiday he created called "Naked Bear Thursday".

I wish the US Duffys looked like this again.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yup, he sure looks authentic to me! Congratulations. I wonder if he's the first Duffy in Alaska? Probably not, but he's the first one on this forum! My uncle & his family live in Alaska too.

Naelyan, it's so cute- the person who sold Duffy included two notes in the box: one from Duffy himself and one from her! In the one from her, she said to make sure he stays warm and some other things, it was very sweet.

Aimster, maybe my Duffy will take part in Naked Bear Thursdays as well! We will see. Thanks for saying he's cute, I think he's really cute also. It's funny you said that, I was just looking at the Duffy photo thread and thought that my Duffy looks a lot like yours! Interesting how much variation there is among Duffys. Mine does have a couple little quirks, but I just tell myself he is unique and this way I can pick him out from all the other Duffys

Gurgi, he's probably not the first Duffy in Alaska, but he may be the first Japanese Duffy here! There are only 700,000 people in the whole state. I suppose some visitors from Japan (or people from other places who visited Japan and bought Duffy) have brought him here temporarily since we get a lot of tourists, but he might be the first Japanese-Alaskan resident Duffy Fun to think about.

Do other people's Duffys love to eat? He seems to miss Hawaii a bit (or the foods at least) and has already raided my coconut creme chocolate eggs and had a banana! And he was asking about something called spam musubi...

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

FluffyDuffy, you're husband is so sweet. Both of your Duffies are adorable, and I must note that the feet on the key chain Duffy (sorry, I missed his name) are so cute. I never considered a key chain-sized Duffy before, but your pics are tempting me. And aimster is correct: "naked Duffys are just as cute as clothed ones." My bears enjoy naked bear days thanks to inspiration from aimster's Duffy.

ZTRinZler, you should consider getting a keychain Duffy! He's REALLY well made. Usually stuffed animals this size don't look that good since it's difficult to make tiny details, but he's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDuffy View Post
    Aimster, maybe my Duffy will take part in Naked Bear Thursdays as well! We will see. Thanks for saying he's cute, I think he's really cute also. It's funny you said that, I was just looking at the Duffy photo thread and thought that my Duffy looks a lot like yours! Interesting how much variation there is among Duffys. Mine does have a couple little quirks, but I just tell myself he is unique and this way I can pick him out from all the other Duffys

Do other people's Duffys love to eat? He seems to miss Hawaii a bit (or the foods at least) and has already raided my coconut creme chocolate eggs and had a banana! And he was asking about something called spam musubi...
    I picked my Duffy because his head naturally tilts to the side a little. Gave him a LOT of personality I thought. My "backup" Duffy looks a lot like him, down to the head tilt. I'm always drawn to the bears that have really cute faces and little quirks.

Oh and my Duffy LOVES food. His favorites are popcorn, pizza, ice cream, all kinds of Mexican food, sushi... you name it, he'll probably eat it.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

ZTRinZler, you should consider getting a keychain Duffy!
    Is keychain Duffy the one termed as Badge? Standing position.

What is the difference in size between Badge and Strap? I see that Strap is 200 Yen less expensive and the bears are in a seated position.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    My bears enjoy naked bear days thanks to inspiration from aimster's Duffy.
    Not to sound too risque, but The Duffster slept naked last night!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Naelyan, it's so cute- the person who sold Duffy included two notes in the box: one from Duffy himself and one from her! In the one from her, she said to make sure he stays warm and some other things, it was very sweet...
    A few years ago I designed a "Certification of Tenderness" for Duffy adoption for my (now totally neglected) blog. I always wanted to print them when people adopt bears, but I just remembered it NOW!

Click the link above. You guys can print your own, if you want. I have a super hi-res version that's better for printing, but don't know where I can upload it...

I'm so glad you have the link to the certificate and your blog. If there was more time to keep it up to date. I'd rather have the blog post a little late on being up-to-date, and Duffy Post up-to-date. :-)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast