• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

How to Send Money via PayPal

Below is a pictorial guide demonstrating how to send money via PayPal…without accidentally charging the recipient of your funds, such as DuffyD, any fees!

Step 1: Login to your PayPal account.
    When you login to your PayPal account, you should be on your homepage, and five tabs (four (4) blue, non-highlighted tabs and one (1) gray, highlighted tab) should be visible. The tabs, demarcated as “My Account,” “Send Money,” “Request Money,” “Merchant Services,” and “Products & Services,” should appear as follows:
    Name:  PayPal Login Tabs (cropped) (640x159).jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  52.9 KB

Step 2: Click on the “Send Money.”
    Name:  Click Send Money Link (cropped) (640x185).jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  59.9 KB

Two (2) links should appear below the "Send Money" tab: the Send Money Online link and the Pay for eBay Items link. Generally, when the "Send Money" tab is selected, the Send Money Online link page automatically loads. The Send Money Online link page is the page you want. You’re on the correct page if the format for the Send Money Online link is black, bold, and underlined; the format for the Pay for eBay items link is blue, not bold, and not underlined; and the page appears as follows:
    Name:  PayPal Send Money Page (cropped) (640x366).jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  90.3 KB

Step 3: Input the email address for the recipient of your money transfer/payment in the “To” row.

For this example, the City of Manhattan decided to send money to Tony Stark/Iron Man whose email address is [email protected] (DISCLAIMER: this email address is not confirmed nor is it confirmed to be the email address of Tony Stark/Iron Man. It is for demonstrative purposes only).
    Name:  PayPal Send Money Recipient Row (cropped) (640x463).jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  104.9 KB

Step 4: Input the quantity you would like to pay, in the appropriate currency, in the “Amount” row. To change the currency to Japanese Yen, click the downward facing arrowhead in the currency tab, scroll down until you find Japanese Yen, highlight Japanese Yen, then click on Japanese Yen.
    Name:  PayPal Send Money Amount and Currency Input (cropped) (640x365).jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  107.3 KB

You have successfully switched the currency to Japanese Yen if the screen appears as follows:
    Name:  PayPal Correct Money Input (cropped) (640x480).jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  104.5 KB

If you ever want to know how much a money transfer, paid for in a foreign currency, is in your currency, PayPal automatically updates and details this information underneath the “Amount” row in the “currency exchange” line. In this example, the City of Manhattan needed to send ¥300 to Tony Stark/Iron Man which was equivalent to $3.29.
    Name:  PayPal Send Money Updated Currency Exchange Line (cropped) (640x473).jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  112.7 KB

Step 5: To ensure that your recipient does NOT pay any fees, click on the “PERSONAL” tab, select “Payment Owed,” then click “Continue.” This step is the most important step to ensure your recipient does not pay any PayPal fees!
    Name:  PayPal Personal Tab (cropped) (640x464).jpg
Views: 1564
Size:  101.3 KB

If the City of Manhattan were to pay Tony Stark/Iron Man from a bank account, then there would not be a fee. When transferring money from a bank account the subsequent page should appear as follows (note the lack of a fee):
    Name:  PayPal Review Page No Fees (cropped) (640x481).jpg
Views: 1565
Size:  113.9 KB

If, however, the City of Manhattan were to pay Tony Stark/Iron Man with either a credit or a debit card, then there would be a fee and the City of Manhattan would have to pay it. When transferring money via a credit or debit card, there will be a fee and the subsequent page should appear as follows (note the ¥49 fee the City of Manhattan agrees to pay):
    Name:  PayPal Review Page with a Fee (cropped) (640x478).jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  115.8 KB
    Make sure you check the box confirming that YOU (the sender) WILL PAY THE FEE! (We don't want Tony Stark/Iron Man to avoid helping the City of Manhattan (or the Universe for that matter) in the future because the City of Manhattan forgot to check the box confirming it would pay the fee).

Step 6: Click “Send Money” to transfer your funds to the recipient, and you’re done.
    Last edited by ZTRinZler; 03-04-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Fixed a few grammatical errors and a major semantic error.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Re: How to Send Money via PayPal

Thank you! I was thinking of posting images, but you did a MUCH better job than I would have.

Thank you , this would have made it easy

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

De rien, Ilovegreataur and DUFFY SHELLIE MAY. When I saw the email earlier today, I immediately commenced working on the manual hoping to post it before anyone tried to transfer funds, but unfortunately, I wasn't quite fast enough. I'm sorry I couldn't post it before y'all made the transfers, but the guide is always here in case anyone needs a refresher or a tutorial for their next shopping trip or PayPal transfer.

I really like this guide ZTRinZler, I think its really helpful to new members and all of those that use paypal and participate within the Duffy Post or any other type of money transfer.

thank you for helping!

You did a GREAT job! This should help out everyone.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks, ZT. I added it to the Guidelines. Hope it helps.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

PayPal has changed.
    Instead of the 2 tabs, of Purchase and Personal, there are now questions.
    Name:  paypal.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  13.6 KB

For DuffyPost, you need to choose Option 2: "I'm sending money to family or friends."

For you to see the options:
    Option 1:
    Name:  paypal option 1.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  22.1 KB
    Option 2:
    Name:  paypal option 2.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  27.8 KB

As you see, there is a great savings for linking your bank account, should you choose to do that.
    ILG
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 04-26-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: pictures didn't post