Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Re: Tell about YOUR Duffy!

Gosh, Duffy D, your story is so magical! I have to say the picture of your Duffy in his Haunted Mansion costume standing near the Christmas wreath has to be one of my favorite Duffy pictures ever. I love his smiling face!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Looking back on my introduction to Duffy, I had forgotten how quickly it happened. In fact, I was looking for the old threads where I first found out about him, and I found the one where it happened full force. It was quick!

Rainy Day Duffy costume releases this Friday!

…The early days of posting about Duffy here were...interesting. We had friends, but also lots of detractors. I'm so glad we have our own section here where fans can talk without being tormented. It's certainly been an interesting ride, with the tumultuous introduction of ShellieMay, and then the US relaunch of Duffy. We've grown quite a lot since then and It's great to see so many people here.
    It is truly wonderful to know that there are tons of folks around the world who understand and are drawn to the kind of loving energy and craftsmanship that Duffy brings!

And thanks for that link! I tried to find my very first posts, but couldn't. This one's from just three or four months in, though, so it's still early — thank you. Reading that thread, it's funny how much I would still learn about Duffy and OLC, but also interesting to see that I was already doing my own research and had figured out a lot. Also, if I read the whole thread, there's foreshadowing of the Duffy Post, more than a year before it came into existence. It's interesting to see how simultaneously hesitant and excited I was about doing it, a complex feeling that hasn't really changed. It's also fascinating and heartening to see that my love for Duffy has neither dimmed nor dissipated over the years. In fact, it's only grown stronger.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I really love your Duffy story, DuffyD. It really shows how magical and special that bear is.

Hi everyone. Sorry I’m late joining in on this topic but I had to wait until I could get to a computer (I don’t have my own). I hope it’s okay to join in late. I did write this out ages ago when the thread first started but couldn't post until now.

Everyone’s stories are so amazing and interesting. Mine is quite boring really! I tried to keep this brief, but it’s hard! I love sharing about my Duffy and Shellie May, but most people look at me as if I am mad if I mention them, so I don’t often, which is a shame!

My beloved Duffy (Duff as he is often known, or sometimes the Duffster when he’s feeling snugly!) came into my life in November 2010 from Epcot. He quickly made friends with Pal Mickey, who was my constant companion at the time, and they are still good friends, although Pal does not go far from home these days due to old age!

Duff is my boy. He is quite quiet, like me, and loves to snuggle up for cuddles. He is a real homeboy, and likes to curl up quietly, often with a book. He does have an adventurous side though, and likes to travel and go to new places and explore and discover the world around him. He loved meeting a new bear friend from Germany (when we went to the Paralympics), who asked if they could have their picture taken with him – of course!

He is wary of human strangers, probably after an incident in Ghirardelli’s at WDW not long after he was adopted when a strange woman started chatting to us, then made a grab for him and tried to run away with him!!! EEEK! Fortunately, he was secured safely to me so he was safe, but boy were he and I both scared and nervous then! She realised she couldn’t get him and left empty-handed, but that was a close call. Trust me, this is one bear that knows all about ‘stranger danger’ and he stays close to me!! He sits on my lap and climbs into his lanyard, which serves him as a seatbelt so he doesn’t fall off when we are going around on my scooter/ECV. He feels safe and secure there.

Duffy joined a big family of friends when he came to live with me, far too many to mention by name. He spends a lot of time with Eeyore and Bear, but once he found out about Shellie May there was no peace for me – his soulful eyes kept begging me to bring her home. Eventually she arrived via an internet purchase site – as we didn’t know about MiceChat and the wonderful Duffy Post and DuffyD then.

Well, peace was over!! Shellie May arrived and made her presence felt immediately! She is independent, very strong willed and knows exactly what she likes! I think she looks on Duff as her friend who needs protecting – actually, I think she looks at me that way too!! She always gets loads of attention if we go anywhere, and Duff sometimes feels a bit left out, so he and I have extra hugs to make sure he knows he is loved. He is so good and always tries to be really chivalrous to Shellie May, but she is so the dominant one!

Shell, as she prefers, really does not like it when people say, ‘why is Duffy wearing pink’, or ‘why is Duffy dressed as a girl’. She gets quite indignant, so I had to get her the outfit from Tokyo (thanks DuffyD) that has her name on so hopefully she won’t get so annoyed next holiday.

Duff also likes to take pictures, and is looking forward to using a camera he can wear (from Spring Voyage) – saves him pinching mine!!

Since Duff became my boy, we have been to lots of places together, and he and Shellie May have more clothes than I do!

Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough now, so I’ll shut up! Thanks for reading.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thanks, JayCee. That was a fun story. Your bears are so lucky and loved.

I loved your story JayCee! OMGosh! I can't believe someone tried to bearnap Duff! I would have gone crazy! I'm glad he is safe!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Such an adorable story JayCee. I love the name Shell. ^_^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

He is wary of human strangers, probably after an incident in Ghirardelli’s at WDW not long after he was adopted when a strange woman started chatting to us, then made a grab for him and tried to run away with him!!! EEEK! Fortunately, he was secured safely to me so he was safe, but boy were he and I both scared and nervous then! She realised she couldn’t get him and left empty-handed, but that was a close call.
    I would have been screaming for security/the cops and going after that lady. How dare she! If anyone tried to swipe one of my bears they'd be facing MAJOR WRATH from me. You do NOT touch my stuff without permission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123