Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Has Anyone Tried to Pin Trade for the Duffy Cast Member Exclusive Pins?

Has anyone out there done much trading with cast members for the cast member exclusive Duffy pins? There are a few that I really like and I was wondering if you found them easy to find at WDW or DLR? Go figure my husband and I were at DCA last weekend and I didn't see a single lanyard on any of the cast members! I have no experience pin trading at all.

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

Re: Has Anyone Tried to Pin Trade for the Duffy Cast Member Exclusive Pins?

I've had luck on the tumblr #pin trading and #disney pins tags, if you're on tumblr in the first place. I've managed to trade for almost half of them in about a month. I've heard that it's been hard to find them, but at the same time I see a good amount of people coming up with them when they go on to the parks to trade, so it might just be difficult to find the ones you want? Maybe someone who is able to go to the parks more frequently can give better info.

Which are you interested in?

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for any of the Duffy head pins (wearing hats) from either 2012 or 2013. Since I've never paid that much attention to cast member's pins before, I'm not sure if they'll be easy to find! I know the 2013 pins were introduced to the cast members at the end of January so I may have missed out. I'm at DLR a lot and WDW a couple times a year so I'm going to keep looking. The idea of searching for them in the parks appeals to me but I wanted to make sure it wasn't impossible to find them!

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I've never personally traded with a cast member for any of the Duffy cast member hat pins, but from what I've heard, they seem to be hard to find in the parks. For last year's pin sets, the ones from DLR were particularly difficult to acquire, especially the cowboy and pirate hat pins. And this year's pin sets are shaping up to be equally as difficult, but it's still early in the game, so you never know. Even if you can't find the pins at the parks, you should get lucky trying the three (3) main pin trading boards/forums: Disney Pin Forum, Pin Pics, and Pin Talk. I succeeded in getting two (2) sets of the same six (6) pins months apart, and two-thirds of the 12 pins I wanted were the hard-to-obtain DLR hat pins. It may take some time, but I'm sure you'll get your pins.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for the input, ZTRinZler. I had a feeling they would be hard to find but I'll keep looking and I'll check those forums.

I don't go to the parks all that often but I do try and go to Downtown Disney once a month. I managed to get all the Duffy heads from the 2012 set but I didn't get a single pin from a cast member. They call came from either the book inside the World of Disney that only comes out at 2:30/6:30 or the pin board inside the pin shop. And the day I got all the Duffy heads we were in the shop the first time the board opened for the day. The pins get "refreshed" thus it had a complete set of Duffys on it and I made the husband help. XD

But unless you have good timing at the pin shop it is really hard to get them. In my experience anyway. But since Downtown Disney is free maybe there are crazy people who get there at 7 am and stalk people. XD When I went in February I didn't see any of the 2013 Duffy heads.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks tenchikiss. Gosh, there is so much I don't know about pin trading! I didn't know about the book in World of Disney or the board in the pin shop. It really wouldn't surprise me if people were there at 7am stalking. The things I do for Duffy! It gives me purpose though...I enjoy the search!

I see you are in CA. I go to the Florida Downtown Disney so I am not sure if the rules are the same. But yes there should be pin books at certain locations throughout the resort but ya got to know where to look.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Yes, we're at Disneyland all the time so I'll have to look into where the spots are. We go to WDW a couple times a year so at least I'll know where to look next time.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A few weeks ago, I ran into a CM in Liberty Square at WDW who had a whole bunch of them. Sadly, I don't trade pins, so I had none I could trade for. Oh well.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

D'oh, Aimster! I have the same problem, I think I'll have to buy a few nice pins just to have on hand so I can trade in case I run into a CM with some. I'm sorry I missed that CM when I was at Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago!

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Buy some nice pins and a bunch of "trader" pins, so that in case you get lucky and find a cast member with some Duffy pins, you're ready to trade for them. When it comes to the Duffy cast member pins, it's really about timing, luck, a little bit of research, and perseverance. You'll find the ones for which you are searching. I have faith.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    D'oh, Aimster! I have the same problem, I think I'll have to buy a few nice pins just to have on hand so I can trade in case I run into a CM with some. I'm sorry I missed that CM when I was at Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago!
    Yeah part of me wants to buy a few cheap pins I don't even like so I can trade for ones I do like. I do occasionally buy pins but not often, and it's ones I really really really like. I have a nice little collection of Tigger pins and I have a few Orange Bird and Figment pins as well.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I am the same way, I have the Halloween Duffy pin from last year and a few other holiday ones I love but other than that, I don't collect. I think I'll buy a few though when I'm at the park on Sunday in hopes of lucking into a Duffy hat pin.

Thanks to everyone for your input! At least I know it's not impossible to find them with some work and luck.

You should try and stop by a discount/Warehouse Disney store first to look for some cheap pins. The one closest to me usually has some pins for 3 dollars and once in a while I score a few of the 7 set ones, on sale for 15 dollars. Lately they have had the baby disney princess ones there. I love stocking up on pins XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast