Hello! New member here...

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting/joining the forum and I wanted to introduce myself and get to know everyone
    You can call me AA, I'm really new to disney parks and Im hoping this forum can give me all the guidance I need. Im 22 years old and for the first time in my life I'm going to Disney World!!! Im really a 5 year old at heart so I have been beyond thilled. My trip is scheduled for November but that hasn't stopped me from submerging myself in pin trading, planning, and of course adopting my Duffy army..
    I suppose I'm not a Duffy "purist", my bears have all been purchased from the Disney store online/in person. Thus far I have the 17", 8", keychain, magnet, and purse of Duffy and I have been planning a Shellie May for over 6 months... Not surprising my bears have all developed thier own personalities/ styles and I love them all! I am really hoping to take my bears with me on my trip and start taking photos of them, though I am internet shy so I might not post often ^^;
    My bears have other friends, mostly old childhood bears and BAB adoptions, but my ultimate goal is to bring home Shellie May. Seeing her little smiling face makes my heart melt and my Duffy would probably faint to finally meet her. Even if she makes her way to the US I think I would still love to bring her home from Japan, I think it will just make her even more exotic and special...

Anyways! Enough of my dreaming lol Its lovely to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Re: Hello! New member here...

Dreaming is fun!!! I plan on bringing home my own Shellie May from Japan personally too. I think about how my husband, sister in law, and brother will all get to the park and run to the rides and I will skip to the store and see all the Duffy and Shellie May merchandise for myself and how I will spend too much money. And how the perfect Shellie May for me (and Muffy's mom and maybe Scruffy's owner) will just speak for me.

For me it is fun just picking out clothes for Shellie May so she will have tons of things to pick from when she comes home. Now you got to be careful to buy stuff for your Duffy when you buy things for your nonexistent Shellie May. XD

You joined on a good day. Most of us are pretty excited over this new train outfit at the Disney Store. Hopefully you have a build a bear near you as that is where many of us get our clothes. We like to post pictures of new merchandise and help each other out with outfit pieces. Have fun taking pictures in public and don't care what other people think!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    Dreaming is fun!!!

...You joined on a good day. Most of us are pretty excited over this new train outfit at the Disney Store. ...Have fun taking pictures in public and don't care what other people think!
    It really does somehow feel like that Engineer is headed in the right direction. Full steam ahead! And that advice about taking photos is very good advice...even if I have become a little shy myself now.

Welcome aboard, AA!

Welcome AA1990! This is an absolutely wonderful forum. I own both a Duffy and a Shellie May and they go everywhere with me. Even to work. Though I don't post many photos I still take full advantage of this place! ^_^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Welcome aboard! It's great to have more Duffeteers here.

Thanks everyone! I will do my best to take more pictures Maybe my mini-Duff would like to go to Disney on Ice with me... though he will have to go in the buff :o

I just read the Spring voyage thread by DuffyDaisuki and im in love! Such a sweet concept and that new Spring voyage smiling shellie may?? UGH so cute! Yall are right though, I dont think the more american Duffy is represented in the same way/has the same effect..

Quote Originally Posted by AA1990 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I will do my best to take more pictures Maybe my mini-Duff would like to go to Disney on Ice with me... though he will have to go in the buff :o

I just read the Spring voyage thread by DuffyDaisuki and im in love! Such a sweet concept and that new Spring voyage smiling shellie may?? UGH so cute! Yall are right though, I dont think the more american Duffy is represented in the same way/has the same effect..
    If you are talking about the "beanie" Duffy from the Disney Store the Small Fry clothes from build a bear fit him. XD

Everything is done bigger and better in Japan. I love the fact that you can buy food and desserts and get such cute take away containers. I think in the U.S. they figure most tourist don't have room/space for such fragile souvenirs.

Yes! He is the little beanie one XD Thank so much for the tip about smallfrys, I was just thinking about those... Also thinking about buying another one to cross dress now...

How wrong they are! See, as a tourist you eat all the food/desserts and use the cute containers to store more souvenirs! Its brilliant! and bad for the waistline! But its what I would do

Welcome, AA! You will love this forum! Everyone here is amazing and, of course, we all love Duffy and Shellie May!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Thank you Naelyan, I think i will fit in well then XD

• Adventures with Duffy

Welcome AA. Glad to have you here.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011