• Faith Trust & Shellie May

How do you carry your duffy

I see all these photos it got me thinking how do you carry around duffy

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: How do you carry your duffy

I have a variety of tote bags. Which one I use depends on my mood. I also have a backpack and one of those cinch-sack backpacks I sometimes carry him around in. If I take both him and Shellie May with me, I use one of the bigger tote bags.

My shoulder is starting to ache just thinking about it.

• Adventures with Duffy

I've tired all kinds of bags. The I found the Lesportsac Voyager backpack. It had a drawstring top that allows Duffy to pop his head and a paw out and the draw sting pulls close to him so he can't fall or be taken out. It's worked great in the parks. If you don't over pack it Duffy goes down in the bag on rides real easly. I love this bag and I've topped looking for the perfect bag. They are pricy bags but they have good sales and outlet stores. Right now they are doing an Its a Small World series's.

7839 Voyager Backpack

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I have the Duffy duffle bag from TDS Spring Voyage 2012. It's my favorite bag to carry, but if I take both of them I have one of the draw string back packs from BaB. And then I also got the large Spring Voyage tote this year and that fits both bears very nicely!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

For the most part, I just take my 12" Duffy or my Smiling Spring Voyage Shellie May (a bit smaller than 12" Duffy--or 2 tiny/magnet bears. Magnet bears can fit in a purse, no problem.

For the 12"-ish bears, I have a Mickey fabric grocery bag I picked up at 99 Cents Only (you can see it at Disney Deluxe Vintage Mickey Mouse Big Reusable Eco Tote Gift Vacation Bag New | eBay --look what a sound investment I made! ).

So if needed (mostly during restroom breaks) I can throw my bear in there. But honestly, thus far when I've been exploring the parks, I've actually just carried my 12"-ish bear with me almost the entire time. That's why I like that size so much; I definitely feel like I'd want to stow a 17" bear some of the time, but the 12"-ish bears are just the size of something I want to hold.

Duffy travels in one of three ways. His preferred method his sitting on my hand, so I can support his legs and bum, his back is supported by my arm and his head rests against my shoulder and sometimes my chest. This way he can face out and see where he's going. Second, is sitting in the top section of the LowePro camera bag, with his head and arms visible. Velcro straps are used to keep the zippers up and in place so he won't fall out. This way he faces backwards, whilst I wear the bag and he can see where we were. Then finally, when he's in a more playful mood, he'll ride around on my shoulders straddling my neck, just peeking above the top of my head, and he looks to see where we're going.

He's always dressed and well behaved, and in many cases when carried via his preferred method, has been mistaken for a child. (Perhaps that's why he likes it so much.)

He never, never, ever, gets held loosely by one paw or foot and dangled. And dislikes when he is handled like that.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I usually carry Duffy around, especially if I have my tiny pin trading bag. I want him to be ready for picture taking opportunities. I do have a variety of totes I have used in the past if I was just going out and taking Duffy with me. But recently I picked this up at the Character Warehouse near me.

This bag is very sturdy and pretty big. Like if I wasn't going to carry Duffy around I could carry around a change of clothes/shoes, bottle of water, wallet, key, ect. with no problem.

If I decided to not carry Duffy I could prop him up with arm to see outside and still carry the bag.

Duffy sitting in the bag. Still plenty of room to have some things I would need for the day.

Duffy fully in the bag. This is my newest bag so I use it all the time. Although if I go on long trips I might use this to keep his change of outfits instead and then use a different purse for the day. But for now this is a good day bag for Duffy and I.

I just carry Duffy around in my arms with his body facing outward, like one might clutch a comforting pillow. xD

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Rococo View Post
    I just carry Duffy around in my arms with his body facing outward, like one might clutch a comforting pillow. xD
    OMgoodness! I've done that before when facing something scary! (Like California Screamin' )