I thought I read that Build a Bear will mail from the Downtown Disney (Ca) store?

I thought I read here that Build a Bear in California would mail items (If you purchased with a gift card?). Has anyone had success with that?

Re: I thought I read that Build a Bear will mail from the Downtown Disney (Ca) store?

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    I thought I read here that Build a Bear in California would mail items (If you purchased with a gift card?). Has anyone had success with that?
    Yessie that was me. What you need to do is call and make sure they have the item(s) you want. Then you ask them to total it up with tax and shipping. If you already have a gift card you can give it to them over the phone. If you don't you then go to the build a bear website and order an e-gift card that will take about 2 hours to process. Then you call the store back and give them your address and gift card number. XD My item took about a week to ship. Yay Queen of Hearts outfit. That store seems much busier than most so maybe try calling earlier in the morning?

Re: I thought I read that Build a Bear will mail from the Downtown Disney (Ca) store?

I guess they stopped. According to a less than helpful "manager" at the store they don't ship (or mail). I thought it sounded odd so I called BAB customer service and they said they don't ship per "company policy". She told me the stores are not set up to ship. Very strange (a store that doesn't want to sell LOL) but whatever. I decided I would just make my own (after checking Ebay prices).

Thank you for the reply-I'm glad I didn't "imagine" it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    I guess they stopped. According to a less than helpful "manager" at the store they don't ship (or mail). I thought it sounded odd so I called BAB customer service and they said they don't ship per "company policy". She told me the stores are not set up to ship. Very strange (a store that doesn't want to sell LOL) but whatever. I decided I would just make my own (after checking Ebay prices).

Thank you for the reply-I'm glad I didn't "imagine" it LOL
    This is super odd. The person who gave me the information on this board has done this before. And it wasn't like I did this months ago, it was just a few weeks! I swear I wasn't a difficult customer to make them stop doing this. I mean they even told me up front they only shipped FedEx in situations like this, like it has been done in the past. X___X This is so weird. Sorry you can't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    This is super odd. The person who gave me the information on this board has done this before. And it wasn't like I did this months ago, it was just a few weeks! I swear I wasn't a difficult customer to make them stop doing this. I mean they even told me up front they only shipped FedEx in situations like this, like it has been done in the past. X___X This is so weird. Sorry you can't get what you want.
    Oh No worries! I don't think it was you at all! I am just surprised the "manager" so solidly refused to ship. I even said my friend had called and had no problem. Then to have "corporate" back up the policy just seemed odd. I have found "customer service" at BAB to be lacking in the past so I am not surprised to find them less than helpful. The silly thing is they lost a lot of revenue from me (and family who support DD Duffy habit). I was prepared to make a rather large order (new bears arriving) online and just won't bother now.

I may have lucked out and found a similar tee shirt for my daughter on Ebay. (Yea Ebay LOL).