• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Pink pre-Duffy bear

As I was perusing eBay, I found these two posts. Not only were they CRAZY expensive, but the pictures were odd.

2003 Disney Pink Mickey Bear Pre Duffy Bear 17 Inches | eBay
    Name:  pink bear 1.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  1.5 KB
    this one says it is a 17" bear, but it looks like 12".

Pre Duffy VHTF Pink Mickey Bear Disney All Tags incl Orig WDW Tag | eBay
    Name:  pink bear.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  1.9 KB
    this bear looks like it has a pin head.

Re: Pink pre-Duffy bear

I spotted some odd looking Shellie Mays and Duffys from Hong Kong. They were oddly cheap and looked "off".

I do remember there was a pink pre Duffy and purple I think.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I think these are legit. It's just that the second one was taken at an angle where the feet were too close to the lens, so it looks like he's got huge feet and a tiny head. The first one looks a little squat, but otherwise, I think it's real. Those prices really are insane though, and I can't imagine they will sell. Sure, I remember seeing people buy them for around $1,000, but I think these sellers are getting particularly greedy.

mmommie-there are some knock off Shellie May's on ebay. It's not difficult to pick them out. And I can't believe people are posting them as authentic TDS merchandise. But they are selling and it's unfortunate that people are getting ripped off.
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    I spotted some odd looking Shellie Mays and Duffys from Hong Kong. They were oddly cheap and looked "off".

I do remember there was a pink pre Duffy and purple I think.
    The counterfeit Shellie Mays are pretty easy to recognize.

The colored pre-Duffy Disney Bears also came in blue, a dark brown, grey, white... Still kicking myself I never got one because even way back then I thought he was cute but never got around to picking one up for myself. I even got my photo with Duffy when he was originally just Disney Bear a couple times! Once in 2002 at Once Upon A Toy at DTD not long after the store opened (they'd have random meet & greets with him there in the store) and at Epcot in 2007 during Teddy bear & Doll weekend (the day it was open to the public... got a photo with him and Baloo, he seemed excited that I knew who he was. I was all "OMG! Disney Bear!").

I almost bought a blue/teal Disney Bear back in the day, but I was in college and had limited funding and I sat there holding him and staring at him and really trying to decide if I should spend my money on another teddy bear, and of course I thought, well, maybe next time, so I put him back. BIG MISTAKE! I wish I could go back in time and get him. I still want that bear!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Minion

Ya know, I recall contemplating the purchase of a Disney Bear back in the day too...one of the earlier ones, before they were offered in a rainbow of colors. I sat there and stared at them for a while, thinking it over, but ultimately decided that I didn't want to spend the money on another stuffed animal, when I had so many at home already.

Dang, those ebay auctions make me wonder how much I could have gotten for Lil D...even with his nose problems he still might have been worth a modest amount. He still has his original pajamas and bib. If he was brand spankin' new, he might have paid for my dental crown!