Thread: Shellie May?

Shellie May?

Hi, I am in the Walt Disney World area and I just purchased my first Duffy bear. I would like to get a Shellie May so he can have a friend to play with. I have looked on eBay, but prices there are extremely expensive and I am scared of fakes. How do I get a Shelle May doll? I read the Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Servic, but it confused me. Can someone please try to explain this process to me. How long should it take? Thanks!

Also, I am interested in some of the Disney UniBEARsity bears. How do I get those?

Re: Shellie May?

Just had my first experience with the Duffy Post-but I will try and explain. Duffy post is like a shopping service. They shop for you. The process for us was a couple of months. Duffy post is very organized; you submit a shopping list (once you have a spot and a trip has been announced-there is also a process for "other" trips-but I am not versed in that). You pay and then the post will shop for you. Then you get the shipping quote, pay and magically Shellie may arrives

I can tell you Shellie May is only available in Japan. Ours just arrived this week. (We are in the WDW area). My daughter is thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Just had my first experience with the Duffy Post-but I will try and explain. Duffy post is like a shopping service. They shop for you. The process for us was a couple of months. Duffy post is very organized; you submit a shopping list (once you have a spot and a trip has been announced-there is also a process for "other" trips-but I am not versed in that). You pay and then the post will shop for you. Then you get the shipping quote, pay and magically Shellie may arrives

I can tell you Shellie May is only available in Japan. Ours just arrived this week. (We are in the WDW area). My daughter is thrilled!

Awesome since your in my area you may be able to help me out a little more. With shipping about how much was your Shellie May? I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg for one, especially since there are other items I would like. Right now, I am just interested in the bears, but if the outfits are super unique, affordable, and will save me money by getting them the first item around I will. I do not know what accessories are available. Do you have a website for this? I could not find anything official for any of the Disney Bears. Also, you said that there are other shopping post. Do you mean for like the Disney UniBEARsity bears ect? My “wish list” is below. Thanks!

Disney UniBEARsity Puffy
    Disney UniBEARsity Whip
    Shellie May

I ordered a bit more than just a bear. I also ordered a couple outfits (Shellie May outfits can only be bought in Japan, plus they have special outfits for Duffy) and a few other things. I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Unibearsity items.

If you want to let Duffy Post know you want to post a list-there is a thread on here for that. I think they may be considering an "extra" shopping trip in the next few months. You would need to post your interest on that thread.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

When you use the DuffyPost shopping service, you pay for the actual retail cost of your items, plus a minimum 30% gratuity of your tota (gratuity amount is based on how many wishlisters there are - the more wishlisters, the lower the gratuity)l. So for example, if you just got Shellie May, you would pay her retail of 3800 plus 30% of that which is 1140, making the grand total 4940 (which would be $48.62 US using today's currency exchange rate - keep in mind the exchange rate changes EVERY DAY. Right now $1 US is approximately 100 Japanese yen, which is pretty good). So you'd be paying WAY LESS than ebay prices. But then there is also the shipping total, which would be at least $20 additional (the shipping totals are sent AFTER the shopping trip). and DuffyD only uses EMS (express mail), so you'll get a tracking number for your care package. Plus you have your items personally hand-picked just for you, which is a nice bonus. DuffyD will make sure you get the cutest Shellie May he can find.

I've used DuffyPost several times and it's always a pleasant experience. DuffyD does a LOT for wishlisters and it shows. I'll use no one but him for my TDS Duffy items.

I defiantly am going to use him :-) I put a request in. Hope a shopping trip is soon.

What size S, M, L are the Duffys that are able to wear the clothing? I am assuming small right?

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Hello, Nanogirl21, and welcome! Im so happy to hear the Duffy Lovebug bit you and converted you into a Duffy and Shellie May fan! As mmommie and aimster stated, DuffyDaisukis Duffy Post is the best way to acquire authentic and personally handpicked items from Tokyo Disney. Trust me: you cant go wrong. Its a wonderful experience and DuffyD picks and packages your items with tender, loving care. The only downside is that you may lose a few hours (or days or weeks) of sleep admiring the beauty of your items once you receive thembut thats not really a downside, is it?

The first step in participating in Duffy Post is announcing in the Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Shopping Service thread that you would like to make a wish list. Dont post your actual wish list in the Duffy Post thread; simply state that you would like to make a wish list, or participate in the next shopping trip. DuffyD will respond to your post by sending you a MiceChat private message (PM) that will contain the Duffy Post email address through which you and DuffyD will continue your subsequent correspondences regarding your shopping trip/wish list.

The second step is organizing your wish list in accordance with Duffy Post Shopping Trip Guidelines. Its really important that you format and itemize your list using only the item descriptions set forth by DuffyD, as utilization of these item descriptions minimizes confusion, which translates into DuffyDaisuki not having to complete extraneous shopping trips to Tokyo Disney in order to exchange items due to improper item descriptions or formatting. DuffyD has graciously provided wish list templates for us, and they are located in step 4, of the procedure section, of the Wish List & Gratuity Guidelines located in the Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service thread. For example, since you would like to adopt a small Shellie May (the small sizes are the ones with the interchangeable costumes), you would itemize Shellie May in your wish list as one (1) of the following two (2) options:
    Option #1:
    RSSM Plush (S) Small 3800

Option #2:

ShellieMay (Small) 3800

If you wanted to adopt two (2) Shellie May bears, then you would list that as either option #1 or option #2:
    Option #1:
    RSSM Plush (S) Small 3800 (x2)

Option #2:

ShellieMay (Small) 3800 (x2)
    Thus, each item description should include not only the items official DuffyD-decided title, but also the items official price in yen. Furthermore, I would suggest listing together items belonging to the same category (i.e., regular series items should be listed together, Spring Voyage items should be listed with other Spring Voyage items, etc.). Categorizing items will better ensure subtotal accuracy and will facilitate calculating multiple gratuities in the event that gratuity rates between categories differ. Im not 100% certain which of the two (2) aforementioned Shellie May titles is the current, official one, so you may want to post an inquiry or ask DuffyD. Furthermore, as Ive never ordered any of the UniBEARsity bears, I dont know what the official DuffyD titles for them are. Your best bets are again to email DuffyD, to post an inquiry, or to search the older threads to see if they contain any official titles for UniBEARsity-related items.

If you are ordering multiples of an item, then you should also include the desired quantity, in parentheses, to the right of the items official price, as in the abovementioned example. The items official price should remain in its singular form. Do not change it to reflect the desired number of items (i.e., in the example above do not change 3800 to 7600 to indicate that you would like two (2) Shellie May bears), as the different price could lead to confusion. The parenthetical multiplier is a sufficient indication to DuffyD about the desired quantity.

The third step is to finalize and confirm your wish list. Its imperative that you know what you want and that you only send your absolute and finalized wish list to DuffyD. DuffyD recently expressed frustrations about Wish Listers amending their lists and resending too many supposedly finalized wish lists. As a consequence, DuffyD would sometimes buy the wrong items and would personally have to deal with the ramifications. Furthermore, you should verify the accuracy of your subtotal(s), gratuity/gratuities, service fee(s), and grand total. If youre purchasing items from different categories (i.e. regular/non-seasonal vs. seasonal items), then your gratuity rates for each individual category may differ. Likewise, if your shopping list totals less than 10,000, then you need to include an additional 500 to your service fee. Once youre certain that youve finalized your wish list, email it to DuffyD in the body of your email (not as an attachment) in plain text format.

DuffyD will verify your wish list then email you to confirm it. Afterwards, youll transfer the money via PayPal in yen, but make sure when you pay DuffyD, you complete the transaction as a gift, otherwise PayPal charges DuffyD additional fees, which you will subsequently have to pay. DuffyD will shop for your items then email you the shipping cost. Youll transfer the money for the shipping cost via PayPal, in the same manner as previously described, and eventually youll receive your care package.

Sorry for the long response, but I know for a first time Wish Lister, the whole process can seem daunting, and I wanted to assist you as much as I can. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. Duffeteers are more than happy to extend their willing pawser, I mean hands.

• I love that tiny bear!

To make sure you are aware of the full costs, there is a service fee in addition to the 30% gratuity (and that gratuity may be higher depending on time of year...you'll have to see what DuffyD posts on that).

Shellie May (S is the size you want) by herself is 3800 + 1140 (assuming the minimum 30% gratuity) + 1000 (transportation) + 500 (extra fee if your wishlist is less than 10000).

So before shipping, she's 6440, or $63.42 right this moment per Google, though if I recall correctly PayPal's conversion is a bit less favorable.

There may also be a tiny PayPal fee when you send funds--pretty negligible (less than $1) but I've had to pay it.

Like Aimster said, probably $20+ for shipping.

When I bought a Spring Voyage Smiling Shellie May (about the same price as Shellie May), I calculate that I spent $80 shipped to get her. The more items you buy--as long as they aren't very heavy--the less you end up paying per item, because the transportation and extra gratuity (and sometimes even shipping) are spread out among more items.

Anyway, I have found that for my price range (generally no more than 10000 yen), you can get a ballpark estimate of the cost, including shipping, by taking the price in yen and multiplying it by 0.02.

In this example, Shellie May is 3800 x 0.02 = $76. Then add at least several dollars to your estimate so that you're not upset if/when shipping is more than you'd calculated.

Duffy Post's prices are definitely competitive with eBay. Actually, I've never seen a lower price on a Shellie May, especially if you exclude shipping. (Though I haven't been looking.) And through Duffy Post you know for certain that you're getting an authentic product.

Once in a while one individual item may be cheaper on eBay (like recently someone was randomly selling the 2012 Spring Voyage cell phone charms for I think $20 or $30--items that wouldn't be easily counterfeited, and he happened to be in the US, so shipping was low or free). But if you want more than one item, Duffy Post still seems to have the edge.

I CAN tell you that even though my Smiling Shellie May cost about $80 shipped and my mom (who LIKES Duffy!) thought I was silly to spend so much on a bear, that bear is precious and adorable. The enjoyment I've had with her is probably worth at least twice what I paid for her. If you really want Shellie May and think you will love her...I don't think anyone should spend irresponsibly, but I think you should just save up and when you have the money, get her and don't regret it.

Oh my gosh thanks for the reply if really helped a lot! Just a few questions. I believe that there is going to be a special request trip trip coming soon for spring voyage. what is this +50% thing that is mentioned in the rules? Is that just like to 30% that you talked about? So it would be +50% of your entire order + fees? Just making sure I'm understanding all the cost. Also is there a website or somewhere on here that list those official items and the named that Duffy uses for them? I know the website for the items that are available all year round but what about the special rare/seasonal items? Also what else can you purchase from duffyd besides the bears and their accessories? I believe the post said food and other things but its not really clear about what it is or what's available or the cost. Help please.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

The +50% mentioned in the Duffy Post Guidelines refers to the gratuity rate that is generally charged for Special Request Shopping Trips, and yes, application of the +50% gratuity rate is the same as that of the +30% gratuity rate everyone keeps referencing. To calculate an estimate for your Shellie May bear, you would proceed as follows:

Shellie May estimate = Σ ((cost of Shellie May) + [(50%)(cost of Shellie May)] + (transportation fee) + (less than 10,000 wish list fee)]

Shellie May estimate = Σ (3800 + 1900 + 1000 + 500) = 7200

Shellie May estimate = 7200

In addition to regular series Duffy and ShellieMay items, Spring Voyage and 30th Anniversary/The Happiness Year items are available for sale. I believe DuffyD mentions a link to the most current official regular series items in his notes section of the Duffy Post Shopping Service Guidelines, but in case you cant find it, here is the link to the regular series official titles: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise. In the Spring Voyage/Happiness Year Shortcut thread (link: Spring Voyage/Happiness Year Shortcuts), DuffyD provides shortcuts to the official item names as they should appear on wish list. This is a shortcut to Tokyo DisneySea's Duffy and Shellie May, and you can use it to confirm which items are still available: グッズ | “Duffy”The Disney Bear | 東京ディズニーシー. If you have Google Translate, it should automatically translate the page to your desired language.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you're willing to wait for a regular announced trip, then your cost will be much lower because that 50% gratuity/service fee is a bit much. But if you can't wait a few months and absolutely need Shellie May right this second, then go with the special trip.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If you're willing to wait for a regular announced trip, then your cost will be much lower because that 50% gratuity/service fee is a bit much. But if you can't wait a few months and absolutely need Shellie May right this second, then go with the special trip.
    This just cracked me up! I love that we need Shellie May right now!

I was a first time Wish Lister on the last shopping trip. Although I haven't received my items yet, I KNOW that they will be authentic items, purchased by a fellow Duffy lover who has taken the time and care to pick out the best items, and who watches for all the little details that I would. I can't tell you how grateful I am to DuffyD for providing this service and I can't wait to do another Wish List!

For the peace of mind in getting authentic items packaged with care, you can't beat DuffyD's service.

I agree funny as "we (duff and i) definity "need shellie may right now"....going to wdw in sept and duffy keeps asking can he get an snd bring "Ellie" (his name for her) ..Hopefully i can join in on the special trip request..already started to aqcuire a decent BAB wardrobe for her...the shellie that is yet purchase almost has as many clothes as duffy