Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Post your Build A Bear finds for Duffy/Shellie May here!

I wonder if BAB assumed that people would only be buying the jacket for the stuffed Sulley, since the sleeves are so long. So they might have only manufactured a number to go along with how many people they expected to want Sulley with a jacket.

That might explain why people are reporting plenty of T-shirts left, since they would have planned for people to want the shirts for their bears and other animals, not just Sulley.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I wonder if BAB assumed that people would only be buying the jacket for the stuffed Sulley, since the sleeves are so long. So they might have only manufactured a number to go along with how many people they expected to want Sulley with a jacket.

That might explain why people are reporting plenty of T-shirts left, since they would have planned for people to want the shirts for their bears and other animals, not just Sulley.
    Hard to say. But you have an interesting theory.

Ok well, I stopped by BAB today and they are completely sold out of ALL the Monsters University stuff. No shirts, no Sulleys and no Mikes! The girl working said she was surprised at how fast everything sold. All gone in 2 weeks!

Forgot to post what Duffy got at BAB today... He got the Harley shirt to go with his jacket and bandanna.

Also got this cute outfit I saw a couple weeks ago.

The jacket/shirt is one of those 2-fer things where the jacket is attached to a half shirt. It's a little big, but still looks good. It'll fit Duffy better once my aunt is able to add more stuffing to him and make him "fat".

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Wow that's crazy. I figured the jacket would be popular but to be sold out everywhere in less than 2 weeks? My mom went to the BAB by her up north and said no jackets there either but lots of t-shirts.
    BAB does usually restock this kind of item at least once; I have a feeling we'll see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I rather feel bad about not picking up extras. There are likely people on here who want one and didn't rush to the store on the day they came out. Yes, I did that, but it was for a good reason.
    Don't feel bad. I beat myself up like that all the time — smiling Duffys, silicone molds, black cat costumes… We can't always afford to buy stuff "just in case" we come across someone who wants it later, ironically, especially if we're not eBay sellers looking to make money. Those people, and rightly so, have a strategy to protect their "investment." That said, I hope it really was fans who bought up the jackets so fast and not eBay "scalpers."

We are going to The Movie Tavern tonight. There are only 16 in the country, 9 within Texas (6 in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area). If you ever get a chance go.
    What's Movie Tavern? Is that one I' those places you can have table service while you watch a movie? I've heard about it, but never tried it. How do they avoid that being distracting?

I may try to alter the jacket before we go so that Duffy could come along wearing it.
    Are the sleeves really 6" too long??

• <45 days

The sleeves are really long. Not only did I not get a chance to alter, I didn't even get to bring Duffy.

The Movie Tavern has "table service". Each movie chair (which is HUGE and has large drink holders) has a swivel table top. Before the movie, they take your order and bring the food, providing you get there early enough. If you are later, they will deliver during the movie.
    If they need to walk past during the show, they crouch down. Wide inter-row aisles allows for this. Movies cost less than regular theatres.

back on topic... Duffy, Duffy, Duffy, Duffy, and BAB!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    What's Movie Tavern? Is that one I' those places you can have table service while you watch a movie? I've heard about it, but never tried it. How do they avoid that being distracting?

Movie Tavern sounds like the Tampa Pitcher Show. They do tableside service. It's not as annoying as you think as you order when you come in and they usually have the food at your table just before the movie starts. I remember having some pretty tasty pizza at the Tampa Pitcher Show years ago.

And the sleeves on the jacket are only about 2.5" or 3" too long (I measured from the heel of Duffy's paw to the end of the sleeve). So it's not as bad as you're probably thinking. You can push the sleeves up and it looks ok. Just shortening them makes it look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I think when I measured it was a combination of a hyperbole and the neck sliding down the shoulder to make my estimate larger than was probably appropriate. I ended up only taking about 3" off, and they are still a bit large.

Well, like I mentioned, the jacket was designed primarily for the make your own Sulley, who has extra long arms. And I've also noticed a lot of the BAB animals are more broad across the chest/shoulders than Duffy is, so that's why some other BAB shirts are kind of big on him. Duffy is skinny in comparison! He's got the height, but not the width.

I need to get a pic of Mr. Bear (long haired Duffy) in the Monsters Jacket- it looks pretty good on him. The sleeves are pushed up a bit-but it seems to work.

Check your Sunday papers! There is a BAB coupon for 5 off of 25.00 or 10 off of 30.00. (With all the bears around here-ever little bit helps!)

I don't get newspapers so too late for me. On the other hand... my Monsters U shirt arrived from Zazzle today so Duffy & I can be twins when we go see the movie later this week!

• I love that tiny bear!

Adorable, Aimster! I think I need to make matching T-shirts for me and Smiling Shellie May. I want something themed to Horizons (the most amazing ride I never got to see in person). Hmmm...

I also liked hearing how Duffy is smaller in the chest than most Build-a-Bear animals...my SmallFrys clothes are a bit too big in the chest for my 8" Duffy too! But I'll live. (I scored the last outfit for $2 plus tax because I got a $5 coupon for my birthday month. Er, not to make you more jealous of our BAB, DuffyD. )

I bought the Monsters U jacket and put it on my BAB Snoopy. It fits fine and while the sleeves are a little long, it is not worth fixing. I hope the jacket will fit a Disney Parks Sully-haven,t had a chance to check.. The large Sully at Wal-Mart is really nice but the jacket might be too small for it.

Gurgi posted pics in the Duffy photo thread, but wanted to mention it here... the Vexy outfit (the bad girl smurf in the new movie) looks REALLY cute on Shellie May. Blue & purple really are her colors. I picked one up for my Shellie and I love it. My BAB finally got the black combat boots in too, so I got those for Duffy (though I have a feeling Shellie might want to wear time on occasion).

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast