Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Shellie May debuted at Disneyland Paris!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I feel like Disney would make a big deal with the release of Shellie May and we would know about it ahead of time! I think with her not having a background that the general public knows, they would want to tell her story with a welcome event of some sort.

I remember when Duffy first started in the US parks hearing a lot of people with negative comments about him, and I even had a few people say things when they saw me carrying him around in the park, but I find the comments are very scarce now and more people are telling me how cute he is and asking me where I got his outfits from. So, at least that is something positive!
    Yeah when Duffy was brought back to the US as "Duffy", they made a HUGE deal with passholder previews and special events. So to slip in Shellie May with no fanfare is very unlike Disney. They like a spectacle and drawing the attention to them and away from the other theme parks (Universal, Sea World, etc.).

I haven't experienced any negative comments at the parks about Duffy, though I know some CMs talk a lot of s**t about him behind the scenes. But other CMs like him and I always have a few ask where I got whatever outfit he's wearing that day and they ALL seem to go nuts over his shoes, especially his "Chucks".

• Cast Member

Shellie May is staying at Disneyland Paris.
    So it wasn't a one-time thing.
    The costume that they made for her is really staying at DLP.
    BUT! It's just for "The Prince" (I don't know if anyone here knows who he is?).
    Whenever he's around at Disneyland Paris, which unfortunately is a lot, she will come outside.
    But it's just for him and his entourage, not for the normal visitors.
    There are quit a lot characters like that at Disneyland Paris actually, that are just coming out whenever he's visiting.
    And it's always just for him, not for the normal visitors. The same goes for Shellie May from now on.
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

Prince who? Disney Paris actually just allows one person to see a character?

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

Prince Al-Waleed is the biggest shareholder of Disneyland Paris. He currently holds a 10% stake in Euro Disney SCA, the company that owns, manages, and maintains Disneyland Paris. His nephew comes to visit Disneyland Paris quit often. I don't know his real name, but he is known as "The Disneyland Paris Prince". Whenever he and his entourage come to visit Disneyland Paris, there are special characters, special costums for normal characters, special shows etc. All just for him and his entourage. Everything happens at broad daylight, but the regular visitors don't get any chance to meet the rare characters. The area where a certain characters comes out just for him, will be marked with ropes. The regular visitors can only look at the characters from behind the ropes.

The "Disney Dreamers Event" what was held during the Shellie May introduction was also just for him and his entourage. There where 73 special characters, just for them! And Prince Al-Waleed actually paid Disneyland Paris to arrange this also in every other park, because they don't allow it in the other parks over the world. Just in Disneyland Paris.

Last Valentine's Day, Berlioz and Toulouse came out for the very first time ever in any Disney park. But they were just for him. Their costumes are still backstage at Disneyland Paris. But they won't come out for regular visitors. Just when he's there, the same goes for Shellie May from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMayDuffy View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

Prince Al-Waleed is the biggest shareholder of Disneyland Paris. He currently holds a 10% stake in Euro Disney SCA, the company that owns, manages, and maintains Disneyland Paris. His nephew comes to visit Disneyland Paris quit often. I don't know his real name, but he is known as "The Disneyland Paris Prince". Whenever he and his entourage come to visit Disneyland Paris, there are special characters, special costums for normal characters, special shows etc. All just for him and his entourage. Everything happens at broad daylight, but the regular visitors don't get any chance to meet the rare characters. The area where a certain characters comes out just for him, will be marked with ropes. The regular visitors can only look at the characters from behind the ropes.

The "Disney Dreamers Event" what was held during the Shellie May introduction was also just for him and his entourage. There where 73 special characters, just for them! And Prince Al-Waleed actually paid Disneyland Paris to arrange this also in every other park, because they don't allow it in the other parks over the world. Just in Disneyland Paris.

Last Valentine's Day, Berlioz and Toulouse came out for the very first time ever in any Disney park. But they were just for him. Their costumes are still backstage at Disneyland Paris. But they won't come out for regular visitors. Just when he's there, the same goes for Shellie May from now on.
    Never heard of him LOL. But I think it is awful that Disney does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMayDuffy View Post
    Shellie May is staying at Disneyland Paris.
    So it wasn't a one-time thing.
    The costume that they made for her is really staying at DLP.
    BUT! It's just for "The Prince" (I don't know if anyone here knows who he is?).
    Whenever he's around at Disneyland Paris, which unfortunately is a lot, she will come outside.
    But it's just for him and his entourage, not for the normal visitors.
    There are quit a lot characters like that at Disneyland Paris actually, that are just coming out whenever he's visiting.
    And it's always just for him, not for the normal visitors. The same goes for Shellie May from now on.
    So in a way, I'm correct. It's only for him... NOT the public. So I'm not expecting any Shellie May merchandise to be on the shelves in the park any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Prince Alwaleed is a rich Saudi prince and as stated, owns 10% of Disneyland Paris. He's given the park money when they were in a lot of financial trouble, which allowed them to stay afloat. So yeah... he gets special privileges because he's "saved" the park more than once.

These were special to DLP guests that attended the event only. They are super lucky and I'm very happy for them!

Name:  DLP outfits copy - A1A04A3E-F51A-43C8-AEDD-3A4C573573D9.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  105.3 KB

I wonder how many thousands people will be asking for them on ebay?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Aw, those are super cute costumes. It's a shame they are so limited, and out of the grasp of the average guest. It's still so odd that they included ShellieMay in this event with no fanfare or explanation...it's like the always existed along with Duffy. I wonder if the Prince requested her specifically?

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Aw, those are super cute costumes. It's a shame they are so limited, and out of the grasp of the average guest. It's still so odd that they included ShellieMay in this event with no fanfare or explanation...it's like the always existed along with Duffy. I wonder if the Prince requested her specifically?
    Just as a note that may be of interest... the ShellieMay given out actually has Disneyland Paris tags on it... it wasn't just an outfit but a DLP ShellieMay pre-dressed with the Disney Dreamers Everywhere outfit.

I don't want to get into an off topic discussion but I feel like I need to at least say that not everything stated in this thread is accurate and I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by peterpanfan1953; 05-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• North American Duffeteer

This came from the https://twitter.com/DisneyMoi Twitter account, and said that ShellieMay's appearance was exactly an official introduction at Disneyland Paris, and saying merchandise featuring her will be in stores sometime in 2014-15.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    This came from the https://twitter.com/DisneyMoi Twitter account, and said that ShellieMay's appearance was exactly an official introduction at Disneyland Paris, and saying merchandise featuring her will be in stores sometime in 2014-15.
    That's what he said last year for WDW, and there isn't any Shellie May merchandise there also.
    That Twitter account is by "The Prince" and he doesn't have anything to say about that.
    There's no way that he knows what will be sold at the park two years from now.
    And the problem is, that he always acts like it is a coincidence.
    She was just there for the event, and in the future she will just stay there for his events.
    Not for the regular guests.

Firstly, the Prince mentioned in this thread had NOTHING to do with the Disney Dreamers Everywhere event. So please post facts before making things up as you go along.

Also ShellieMay is OFFICIALLY staying at DLP, she is not a one time appearance as stated by people who "think" they know the facts. She will be introduced around 2014/15 as a regular character. She was not purchased by The Prince, DLP have had her for over a year now and own the rights to her character.

Now whether you chose to believe this or not is up to you but I have had it confirmed to me by Disneyland Paris management.

I'm not posting anything more on the matter because I refuse to be dragged into petty forum disagreements. I just wanted to get the real facts out there and its your choice if you believe it or not.

Welcome to Paris ShellieMay!
    Last edited by duffyholic; 05-31-2013 at 06:19 AM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by duffyholic View Post
    Firstly, the Prince mentioned in this thread had NOTHING to do with the Disney Dreamers Everywhere event. So please post facts before making things up as you go along.

Also ShellieMay is OFFICIALLY staying at DLP, she is not a one time appearance as stated by people who "think" they know the facts. She will be introduced around 2014/15 as a regular character. She was not purchased by The Prince, DLP have had her for over a year now and own the rights to her character.

Now whether you chose to believe this or not is up to you but I have had it confirmed to me by Disneyland Paris management.

I'm not posting anything more on the matter because I refuse to be dragged into petty forum disagreements. I just wanted to get the real facts out there and its your choice if you believe it or not.

Welcome to Paris ShellieMay!
    I gotta say, Duffyholic, you sound a little tense. The prince who had the party is different, I know. I'm not posting his name cos he seems to want privacy about this, which is strikingly out of character. It's totally his style, though funnily enough no Instagram photos from the event… And I have no idea how my invite got lost!

I think we all believe Shellie is coming worldwide inevitably. I don't think any of us doubt the veracity of DLRP-tagged ShellieMay, and it is kinda fun that she made her big debut as the globetrotting party girl that she is, dancing to Daft Punk with a sassy suave Saudi prince. That's so Shellie!

I guess people are just hesitant to start anticipating the official release as arriving super soon because that's been a painfully persistent rumor from the moment Duffy left Japan. I agree with you (as I imagine most people do^^) that she's surely coming within the next two years; I'd have thought that even without the DDE event. Shellie has always been on her way, and it couldn't be ten years down the road. That said, I don't think it'll be "tomorrow," either. Duffy is just starting to hit a kind of stride (though the characterization is still off for me and there's no satisfying solution for Cape Cod). I met some folks recently who really changed my mind about Monty Maldovan; I think he may be Disney's scapegoat, not a fun position for any artist. I still want recognition for the Tokyo creative team and will never see Monty as "the man" where Duffy is concerned, but offerings have improved steadily and I am optimistic about Mr Maldovan's integrity. Duffy's ship has not yet sailed, and ShellieMay will definitely be aboard it. We all know that.

Now I'm more curious where all your emotion is coming from, Duffyholic? I honestly don't think anyone was or is trying to start a fight. Love and peace…and DUFFY!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I gotta say, Duffyholic, you sound a little tense. The prince who had the party is different, I know. I'm not posting his name cos he seems to want privacy about this, which is strikingly out of character. It's totally his style, though funnily enough no Instagram photos from the event… And I have no idea how my invite got lost!

I think we all believe Shellie is coming worldwide inevitably. I don't think any of us doubt the veracity of DLRP-tagged ShellieMay, and it is kinda fun that she made her big debut as the globetrotting party girl that she is, dancing to Daft Punk with a sassy suave Saudi prince. That's so Shellie!

I guess people are just hesitant to start anticipating the official release as arriving super soon because that's been a painfully persistent rumor from the moment Duffy left Japan. I agree with you (as I imagine most people do^^) that she's surely coming within the next two years; I'd have thought that even without the DDE event. Shellie has always been on her way, and it couldn't be ten years down the road. That said, I don't think it'll be "tomorrow," either. Duffy is just starting to hit a kind of stride (though the characterization is still off for me and there's no satisfying solution for Cape Cod). I met some folks recently who really changed my mind about Monty Maldovan; I think he may be Disney's scapegoat, not a fun position for any artist. I still want recognition for the Tokyo creative team and will never see Monty as "the man" where Duffy is concerned, but offerings have improved steadily and I am optimistic about Mr Maldovan's integrity. Duffy's ship has not yet sailed, and ShellieMay will definitely be aboard it. We all know that.

Now I'm more curious where all your emotion is coming from, Duffyholic? I honestly don't think anyone was or is trying to start a fight. Love and peace…and DUFFY!

I don't mean to sound tense, I'm just getting fed up of reading lies and mis-truths about ShellieMay's apperance at DLP. I just want the real facts out there. If people don't want to believe the truth that is up to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast