Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Shellie May debuted at Disneyland Paris!!

Not making this up! Just saw on Twitter that Shellie May made her debut last night at Disneyland Paris! The person who tweeted it also had photos! It's of the walkaround character. No mention of the plushies. I'd post the photo but I'm on my phone, so here's the link to the pic on Twitter:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK7IVJqCUAApVvH.jpg#twimg

I'm SHOCKED! How did this one sneak by us?

Re: Shellie May debuted at Disneyland Paris!!

This was a event voor Disney dreamers , not for public so they told on THE Disney forum , so we think it was just for one time and specialy for some people

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's very odd...such a low key introduction. Those costumes aren't cheap, so to buy it for a one-time use is unlikely, but to just sneak her in there seems strange if they want to introduce her. If they didn't say who she was, people will just think it's a girl Duffy, I suppose.

It would be awesome if they brought her out at WDW for the 24 hour event at MK this week.

• I love that tiny bear!

If it really was a one-time portrayal of Shellie May, it seems POSSIBLE that they MIGHT have borrowed one from TDS? I don't know how closely the parks work together like that, given they have different owners.

But it would seem to point more to an eventual release. Paris might actually do a decent job with her...at least, they seem to show Duffy a lot more love than the US parks.

The problem with a one-time thing is now everyone is going to jump to conclusions and think they're going to bring her here and it's most likely not going to happen. Disney has said over and over and over that they are only focusing on Duffy in the States. They need to give him a lot more respect, stop with the bazillion 12" bears, step away from the costumey outfits and improve quality overall before they even THINK of bringing Shellie May over.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I checked Disneyland Paris's Twitter page, and based on their responses, Shellie May's presence at last night's event appears to have been a one-time occurrence. However, their responses also seem to indicate that they are open to the idea of adding her as a character at DLP. Furthermore and interestingly, I went to Glstitch Productions (GP) Disneyland Paris's Facebook page, and when I scrolled down, I saw a post from August 12, 2012, that asked DLP fans if they would wait in line to take a picture with Duffy and Shellie May:

"Duffy is now on vacation untill Halloween but Disneyland Paris - Fans says that he might bring his friend Shellie May! Shellie May would come as a character and merchandising! Would you wait for a picture with Duffy and Shellie ?"

Directly below this question, GP confirmed Shellie May's eventual arrival/presence at Disneyland Paris:

"°o° L'information semble confirmée : Shellie May devrait arriver (quand ?) à Disneyland® Paris tant en character qu'en produits dérivés ! - AFFAIRE à SUIVRE."

So it seems that Disneyland Paris has been planning to introduce Shellie May to their parks for awhile. I wonder if Shellie May's debut for the Disney Dreamers event was Disneyland Paris's approach to/system of gauging the general public's response to her eventual arrival/release. If photos of her presence at last night's event send DLP fans atwitter, perhaps Disneyland Paris will perceive it as the green light to implement and proceed with whatever plans they may have for Shellie May.

On the Disneyland Paris Fans Facebook page, there was a LOT of negativity toward Shellie May (and Duffy). Several posts were along the lines of "We already have Duffy. We don't need another one!" But some posts were positive. It seems the park gets Duffy more than the US "gets it", but with the general public there seems to be animosity yet. Let's face it, it's a major cultural thing in Japan that "westerners" in general don't understand and probably never will.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Yeah, I saw that on the Disneyland Paris Fans Facebook page, too. Some people were excited, but the majority wasn't too thrilled and clearly doesn't plan to welcome Shellie May with open arms. While some agreed that she is cute, they all expressed a similar belief that her addition serves no purpose (or arguments along those lines)...similarly to Duffy's addition to DLP, according to them apparently. Although I did feel for the person who mentioned Duffy replacing Tigger in the library.

• I love that tiny bear!

To me, Halloween seems like a rather odd time to introduce a cuddly female bear. But I guess we'll see what happens! I don't necessarily trust Disney US when they insist that Shellie May won't come until/unless Duffy becomes a success, given that they haven't always been straightforward.

But then, I've heard way too many CMs and others claim Shellie May is coming at a certain time to believe THEM either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    Although I did feel for the person who mentioned Duffy replacing Tigger in the library.
    Tigger has been my favorite Disney character my whole life, so I can understand that. I'd be upset too. I was sad I didn't see him when I was at DHS last week, but the Pooh charcters don't meet & greet there anymore. I only see them at Epcot and MK. I don't go to DAK so no idea if they meet there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I don't necessarily trust Disney US when they insist that Shellie May won't come until/unless Duffy becomes a success, given that they haven't always been straightforward.

But then, I've heard way too many CMs and others claim Shellie May is coming at a certain time to believe THEM either.
    I don't believe anything until I actually see it myself. How long did WDW promise that Western River Expedition was coming? I'm still waiting on that one.

This is happy news! Maybe this means ShellieMay will make her debut to the States soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellieDuffyloves View Post
    This is happy news! Maybe this means ShellieMay will make her debut to the States soon.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. I won't believe it until I see her there myself. I have a feeling she'll get the same backlash the general public gave her on the DLP Fans FB page. They'll be all, "Oh great ANOTHER bear that's not tied to a movie or anything! We already got one, don't need another!" and start calling Disney greedy and stuff. WHATEVER.

Duffy has his fans, but there are a LOT who hate him. And there's just no changing their minds, though I have convinced a few of my friends that Duffy isn't all bad. They liked my Duffy because I showed them his fun and silly personality... and he's always sharply dressed too.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. I won't believe it until I see her there myself. I have a feeling she'll get the same backlash the general public gave her on the DLP Fans FB page. They'll be all, "Oh great ANOTHER bear that's not tied to a movie or anything! We already got one, don't need another!" and start calling Disney greedy and stuff. WHATEVER.

Duffy has his fans, but there are a LOT who hate him. And there's just no changing their minds, though I have convinced a few of my friends that Duffy isn't all bad. They liked my Duffy because I showed them his fun and silly personality... and he's always sharply dressed too.
    I feel like Disney would make a big deal with the release of Shellie May and we would know about it ahead of time! I think with her not having a background that the general public knows, they would want to tell her story with a welcome event of some sort.

I remember when Duffy first started in the US parks hearing a lot of people with negative comments about him, and I even had a few people say things when they saw me carrying him around in the park, but I find the comments are very scarce now and more people are telling me how cute he is and asking me where I got his outfits from. So, at least that is something positive!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

I feel like a lot of the duffy related events are done super low key. I met duffy because I was preparing for a wdw trip and I saw how much fun he was as a traveling companion. After this he was released to the stores without too much buzz. When I went to check out his display it was in the very back, mostly unnoticed.
    I dont feel it is beyond disney marketing to just slip shellie may in during an event and not give her a big welcome. If anything they might see it as adding a girl bear so the little girls can buy the girl bear and the little boys can buy the boy bear, even with no mention of story. I also dont think it is likely that this is a "one time only" deal, as people have mentioned those costumes are expensive and there would be no point in borrowing one from TDS especially if they didnt make a big deal about her apperance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast