Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Paris "Dreamers Everywhere" Event

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    Just as a note that may be of interest... the ShellieMay given out actually has Disneyland Paris tags on it... it wasn't just an outfit but a DLP ShellieMay pre-dressed with the Disney Dreamers Everywhere outfit.

I don't want to get into an off topic discussion but I feel like I need to at least say that not everything stated in this thread is accurate and I will leave it at that.
    I started a new thread so you can elaborate "on-topic" because my enquiring mind wants to know more!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Paris "Dreamers Everywhere" Event

Yeah, seriously! That was a tease, and I'm not sure why it's so secret. Inquiring minds do want to know, especially if there is correct information that we could use. ShellieMay with Disneyland Paris tags is interesting. Those costumes were adorable, and her surprise appearance is mysterious, if not influenced by Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and this site has more info about the event, including the itinerary.

http://www.charactercentral.net/Site...teContentId=10

• Munchings & Crunchings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disne...284800?fref=ts

Here's the official Facebook page. This event just looks weirder and weirder. It's not something that was open to regular guests...only privately invited ones, and it looks like it was all about characters...they got all of the obscure ones out for everyone. Also, they spend weeks at all the parks...man, what a vacation!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Here is a blog from a Dutch fan, who had access to the events, apparently, or at least photos, but laments that it was not available to regular guests. Also, it appears it may have been a different Saudi prince who funded the whole thing.

Pagina 3

I just find it disingenuous to have publicized this event as something Disney fans had access too, and made it seem like it was something official by Disney. Since this was a private event, they should have just left it at that. I don't care that people spend their obscene amounts of money of stuff like this, but don't rub it in our noses, and make it seem like it's for "Disney Dreamers Everywhere", when it's really not.

Oh, and apparently ShellieMay was also out on Main Street judging by the pictures on this blog. She and Duffy have very cute, and DLP unique costumes.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    This event just looks weirder and weirder. It's not something that was open to regular guests...only privately invited ones, and it looks like it was all about characters...they got all of the obscure ones out for everyone. Also, they spend weeks at all the parks...man, what a vacation!
    Yeah it just seems like a really weird event. It's like all little character shows and they bring out some really obscure ones. I saw photos from DLP where they had the Sultan from Aladdin... as a full costume, not a face character, which was kind of creepy looking, and even Jessica Rabbit, which was another full costume, not a face character (and hers was even more creepy looking). Also saw they had Milo & Kida from Atlantis, but they were face characters. So.... weird.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, there were characters that have rarely, if ever been seen in a Disney park. I've never seen that Jessica Rabbit costume, and I agree, the mask was a bit creepy looking. They should have had her a face character. At Disneyland they had old Disney Afternoon characters out. I saw the Atlantis characters, and then when the group was at Animal Kingdom, they had Mowgli, who you never see anymore, and then the two gorillas from Tarzan that I've never seen before, Kala and Kerchak. This prince must have paid a fortune for all of this lavish attention and character rentals!

Disney Dreamers Everywhere at Disney Character Central

Thanks for posting the link! I remember seeing this a while back, but couldn't find it again!

Disney Dreamers Everywhere at Disney Character Central
    I think that is the same link from the posters signature-

"Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort"

curiouser and curiouser... So there was specific shellie merch for the event? I honestly cant understand putting the money into manufacturing if she was a "one time" special apperance. Please elaborate peterpanfan!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, if everything was paid for privately, Disney doesn't care. They will do whatever asked if given the right amount of money, and if it's influential people. I'm guessing that Disney didn't pay for ShellieMay's production, but this other Saudi prince did. This is all speculation though, since all we have is vague information.

• Munchings & Crunchings

On a tangent from this topic, I could never tag along with someone just to be around their money. I know celebrities and wealthy people must have to deal with this all the time. I would want to be friends with whoever it was regardless of money or fame. Maybe it's because I can't fake liking somebody, and I can't stand fake people. If I were a guest of this particular prince, it would be because I was his friend, not because I get a free Disney world tour. I know people that would only be there sucking up to him for the money though...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah, there were characters that have rarely, if ever been seen in a Disney park. I've never seen that Jessica Rabbit costume, and I agree, the mask was a bit creepy looking. They should have had her a face character. At Disneyland they had old Disney Afternoon characters out. I saw the Atlantis characters, and then when the group was at Animal Kingdom, they had Mowgli, who you never see anymore, and then the two gorillas from Tarzan that I've never seen before, Kala and Kerchak. This prince must have paid a fortune for all of this lavish attention and character rentals!
    That Jessica Rabbit costume looked like a bad drag queen.

Mowgli was out for regular guests at Animal Kingdom on May 14. I have friends who got to meet & greet with him, Baloo & King Louie.

I really don't like to involve myself in forum disputes but the facts about ShellieMay in DLP is bothering me because what has been posted by other forum members are all untrue.

I'm more than happy to post the tags that came on the ShellieMay Disney Dreamers bear that state she is Exclusive to Paris.

Her merchandise is likely to be released end of 2014 for Christmas, or early 2015. The plans for her debut in Paris have been in the pipeline for over a year now. She was not purchased just for the Disney Dreamers Event as some people like to believe.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Um…is there a dispute? Did you get one? Were you at the events, Duffyholic? We'd love to hear about it!^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast