Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

Wow. Just…wow. Fantastic! I'm excited to own this calendar like the anticipation of a Tokyo release. I can't wait! Excellent, excellent work.

I also love that you ditched the snowman's hat, not sure why. But I like it loads better. I like everything better in the final. It really seems like you figured out so much in just this first image; the wait for the rest is gonna kill me!^^

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Really great job. I noticed the details in the stack of logs. I love that you didn't skimp on details for the background items.

Thank you everyone! I'm gearing up to start of February once I finalize my "vision." I'm not too worried about finishing before the deadline-- I genuinely want to this and do it well, so if I make it, great! But if not, no tears will be shed

• I love that tiny bear!

I love January! I want to give your Duffy drawing a great big hug.

I just wanted to share something I made tonight with you guys... Some fabric! I hand-printed some of what I am calling "artsy" Duffy-themed fabric (called artsy because the thermofax screen I used to print had extra holes in it and ended up printing extra spots, so I ran with it).

Here you can see the screen to the left along with the fabric itself.

Here's the images I printed in paint before I made my screen so you can see them better (anchor and mickey head missing)

This was only a sample right now, but once I fix my screen I might make some more fabric and use it for something! Who knows, maybe there will be some hairbows or something cute like that in the future?

• I love that tiny bear!

That screen is so cool...what a brilliant idea!

All this creative stuff is so cool. I absolutely love the calendar and the screen is neat too! ^.^

His little face is so cute! I don't know if you'd be able to since Duffy is copyrighted and all, but there are places online (spoonflower, specifically) where you can create your own fabric!

@Eeee-va & DuffylovrDisney - I am going to try to fix the screen and then I will probably print some more! I'm hoping for something that's a bit more classic in look and not as bright as the artsy sample.

@kittyloaf - People totally put up copyrighted images on spoonflower! But I think that it's kind of expensive, plus since I just learned how to dye and print my own fabric, for my own use it's easier and cheaper just to take some time and make it myself, even if it isn't perfect.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Yeah, I see copyrighted images on spoonflower all the time. I guess people figure it's not likely they'll get caught but for me, it's not worth it.

I guess I have another little thing to hopefully tide you guys over until we get notice on Christmas news and stuff! I've been reading a ton of books on teddy bears and the history and making-techniques, and then a few days ago I stumbled upon some faux fur in the scrap bin in the fibers studio, so I grabbed some to hopefully make some artist Duffy bears! Here's the first of what will hopefully be many bears to come!

He's not jointed at all, so he's stuck in the post that I attached the limbs on as, but I might look into how to add joints and stuff as time goes on.

A smile for you all from this relaxed guy!

Warning: Graphic images of teddy nudity below! First, a good image of his bottom paw prints, both embroidered on with yarn.

Cutie little tail included.

And last but not least, a size comparison!

His snout is shaped a bit weirdly, imo, but I think it gives him character. I'm planning on drafting my bear patterns straight onto the fabric so that each one is unique and has their own personality and shape. I also want to experiment with color and pattern as well as expression in my bears. I have really been into the whole feeling and home-grown nature of hand-crafted items, and in particular, I've been trying to "embrace imperfection" and see it as a distinguishing aspect to love and respect.

This little bear has made me happy, and I hope once I get to make a few more, I can find good homes for them.
    Last edited by setavulos; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: fixing font

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That's great, setavulos! The random pink spots are interesting (I'm on my phone and may not be seeing it properly). I would suggest, though, making the eyes and muzzle one piece; there's a bit of a "panda" effect for me now. But again, it may be from viewing on my phone.^^

• Adventures with Duffy

Making your own fabric screen is a very cool idea. I like it. Your little bear is cute too. You are very crafty.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    That's great, setavulos! The random pink spots are interesting (I'm on my phone and may not be seeing it properly). I would suggest, though, making the eyes and muzzle one piece; there's a bit of a "panda" effect for me now. But again, it may be from viewing on my phone.^^
    It does have pink spots on it. Due to not really getting to choose the colors of the fabric myself (since I was trying to recycle scrap fabric and give it a new life, so to speak), a lot of the color combinations and patterns are pretty interesting. I even found some zebra-print that I might use!

I tried to follow the construction of the regular Duffy, but I can see how it being in three pieces could be a problem, particularly because I don't think I had them intersect enough. Thanks for the concrit!

• I love that tiny bear!

Those paws are adorable, Setavulos! Are you going to embroider the "Mickey Mark" on Duffy's backside, too?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast