Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Re: Duffeteer Creators Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Patterns...what a novel idea. It takes me a long time to create things because I do everything from scratch.

thanks, mmommie; I'd love a pattern.

ILG
    I do the from scratch thing too-that is why I draft my own patterns LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    it was Eeee-va. After seeing the movie, I appreciate the dress all the more.
    I agree. I saw the movie and I fell inlove with it. Also with the beautiful Elsa dress. =D

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    I wonder if the person who made the Anna dress for Frozen would be interested in making more and possibly selling them. I don't remember who it was but I absolutely love the dress and really want one. =D
    Thank you, everyone; you're so sweet!

Between potential CPSIA concerns, laziness, and impatience for making the same thing more than once, I've never actually sold anything I've sewed. And I don't have a 17" bear of my own yet, so I can only sew for smaller bears right now. And if I did make things for someone, I'd be more interested in doing some sort of a trade/barter than outright selling.

So anyway, I don't want to make another Anna outfit for Smiling Spring Voyage Shellie May right now (but I won't rule it out FOREVER if an adult really wanted one and I got more heart buttons; it wasn't too hard to make). I currently have no way to make one for the 17" bear that most people have, and I wouldn't be surprised if Build a Bear made one at some point, which would probably be gaudier, but would be cheaper than I could sell for.

That said, if someone already HAD an Anna costume, and (thanks to CPSIA) if they assured me the outfit wasn't intended for someone under 13, I would be happy to do the rosemaling detail with acrylic paint for the cost of shipping to and from me, if you wanted that. (I'm not perfect with the geometry, but I would measure and do a better job on someone else's skirt than I did on mine--I freehanded the one I sewed already so if you look super-closely, it's not as cute as it should be.)

Of course, I imagine many people who could sew the outfit could also paint the designs on just fine.

When I do get a 17" Duffy (late January/early February), I'm going to see if my friend who drafts and sells patterns might create some Duffy patterns. I get very nervous sewing stuff without a reliable pattern to use, but have no problem modifying them.

• I love that tiny bear!

Zazzle, a website that lets you print up your own shirts, keyrings, etc., keeps sending me promotions. So at the last minute I broke down and created a T-shirt. My first thought was to make the inside/lighter part of Duffy's face giant and print it on a golden brown T-shirt, but I worried that might end up looking weird, I wasn't 100% sure how to make a transparent background, it would have cost more , and time was limited.

It was made in what's basically a program one step up from Paint, from tracing an enlarged Disney US trading pin image, using my laptop's trackpad (and making copious use of its circle tool!). So it's not artist quality. But I'm certainly convinced that Zazzle could be used to make a pretty decent quality Duffy (or Shellie May) shirt.

This is the maximum size the Duffy image could be put on the shirt. It's a men's but I'm a woman (I prefer men's style T-shirts). I can take a better close-up of it after washing, if anyone's curious.

I won't be putting them up for sale for various reasons, but if anyone would like the artwork to use to print your own shirt (or to modify the art for your own use), just message me your email address and I'll send it on over.

• Happy Holidays

Eeee-va, you did a great job with that.

Ive been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to unveil my latest Duffy Creator project. As you know, I dont sew, so I had to have an etsy seamstress help me pull this together.

I ran the Disney Marathon in a Duffy costume! I even carried my Duffy bear with me the entire 26.2 miles. A surprising amount of people knew who I was dressed as and I must have heard Go Duffy! at least a hundred times.
    Now Im going to have to figure out how to give Duffy a bath (hes pretty stinky from all the sweat I got on him).
    Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  34.6 KB

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  duffy.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  45.5 KB

• Happy Holidays

Spectacular! I'm proud of you. You can probably wash Duffy in the washer. I wash other stuffies that way.

Others may disagree, but if he was really sweaty, a surface wash won't cut it.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

You are such a rock star, mg! After some hard time away, she comes back with a Duffetteer boom-shakalaka! it!!! Love and peace to you and yours, mg, and congrats on your marathon. Way to represent! I think I'm gonna circle this day in red on my calendar. Oh wait

KITTYLOAF!!^^

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

That's so impressive! Your shirt is really cute, and running a marathon is quite the achievement!

This is the tutorial I usually use to wash my bears. You can probably stick his clothes right in the washer. (You can stick him in the washer too, but I find that that changes the texture of the fur on plush so I usually handwash them.)
    Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
    Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Drive by post in the middle of moving....... just saw "stick Duffy in the washer" LOL

Thanks for the tips on bathing my Duffy. I'll start with a little spot wash and see if it does the trick.

Has anyone tried to febreeze their bear? Duffy doesn't appear to be dirty, so perhaps this might do the trick?

• Happy Holidays

yeah, yeah...I knew SOMEONE would push back on that.

• Happy Holidays

deleted...too off the cuff!
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 01-15-2014 at 12:44 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

When my Duffy gets stinky & dirty I use the Bear Stuff Cleaner from Build A Bear. It works great! I spray him all over, then use a clean, dry washcloth to rub him all over to get the dirt out. I then spray him with Febreeze and let him air dry. Once he's dry I use a soft bristle brush (mine is a pet brush) to re-fluff his fur.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I have washed plush before, and I know what you mean about the fur not being the same, but one trick I found was to wash the animal (in this case, Duffy) inside a pillowcase. It protects him and somewhat spares the fur. Then, you can dry him...I don't recommend putting him in the dryer, but if you have to, do it on low and not for very long, but you can rub his fur with a dryer sheet and that helps bring the fur back. I think handwashing is still the best choice, or the BAB cleaner aimster mentioned.